And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
He did Boro's last fixture of last season, at home to Brighton. Everything to play for by both teams, lots of intensity and passion. I'd have made him man of the match. He was head and shoulders above any other ref I saw last season.

Did he get this decision wrong? I don't think he did. The West Ham player was off the ground. He has a responsibility to make a safe tackle. How is he doing that when he's lost control off the ball and takes off like that?

Well done Mike Dean.

I didn't see it live and just saw the replay/s, ok MD doesn't have loads of replays but if he's seen him leave the ground going into the tackle, then he's going to give a red, and rightly so!

But hey, let the witch hunt continue 😜

D

Deleted member 16999

My understanding is that he is required to give what he sees and not what he thought he saw. I'm no lover of instant live TV replays for refs but this sort of decision starts to sway me
But he can't win, Barkley should've got a red, slagged off, today, no red, slagged off, Quinn admits Feghouli takes a heavy touch and loses control, how can it then be 50/50, he's dived in, initially it looked worse than the replays and as you say, he makes a call and will be debated relentlessly, will have to wait and see if FA over turn it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What I never like is the pundits saying 'and it's so early in the game' as if to say, get some crunching tackles in early you won't or shouldn't get a red as it's too early 🤔

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
What I never like is the pundits saying 'and it's so early in the game' as if to say, get some crunching tackles in early you won't or shouldn't get a red as it's too early 🤔

I suppose the school of thought is to give players some benefit of doubt for being cold, not being up to the pace of the game and conditions.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
But he can't win, Barkley should've got a red, slagged off, today, no red, slagged off, Quinn admits Feghouli takes a heavy touch and loses control, how can it then be 50/50, he's dived in, initially it looked worse than the replays and as you say, he makes a call and will be debated relentlessly, will have to wait and see if FA over turn it.

I didn't see the Everton game but I've been to many a game where Dean has cowed up and stand by my view that he's one of the worst refs in the PL.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Real shame West Ham down to 10 men, they have been playing well of late and I expected them to win tonight, still sticking in and they could well get a draw, wow they just missed a great chance.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fighting in the stands again, has there ever been a home game without trouble inside 🤔

Club should be heavily fined or given sanctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.