And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What I meant is if one player had stayed on their feet and the other went flying in you are at risk of serious injury.

Most of us were taught to be fully committed in challenges instead of hanging back ( protecting ourself) for that reason.

When I say fully committed I mean fair and hard not reckless and OTT.

:thup:

That is the same in rugby or hockey as well. A half hearted tackle is more dangerous than a full on one. Only when in control though, as you say.

Last edited:

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
he plays on the Maxitour where most of the comps are in Manchester with a few ex Man U players also play don't know where he lives but if he is Manchester based he should not be doing Manchester clubs games.

Manchester United and Spurs always do well with him whilst Arsenal who have a win rate of approx 60 percent usually it falls suspiciously to around 20 percent when Dean refs.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At this particular moment I would like to quote the late, great Kenneth Williams, as Julius Cesar:

"infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me".

Shown only the other day and it still made me laugh.

D

Deleted member 1740

:rofl: :rofl: it's a conspiracy :rofl: :rofl:

I always thought he supported tranmere but LB told me he was definitely a Blue. Tranmere is on his list at the FA as the team he supports.

D

Deleted member 16999

Has only Ref'd 4 games in total between us, was took off the 2006 Cup Final between you's and West Ham because of possible allegiances to you's (papers claimed).
Neither of us suffer or benefit from him, unlike poor Arsenal :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

Has only Ref'd 4 games in total between us, was took off the 2006 Cup Final between you's and West Ham because of possible allegiances to you's (papers claimed).
Neither of us suffer or benefit from him, unlike poor Arsenal :rofl:

He's the reason Arsenal haven't won the league over the last decade :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1740

How many years of not winning the league before people just don't expect your team to so stop joking about it? I am guessing around 15 -20.

I don't set the rules so crack on. Personally I don't get so touchy when it's mentioned by other armchair fans.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I heard Ray Wilkins describe the Jones aspect of the tackle this morning as "he cleared out the attacker". Took the ball, no question, but also fully took out the West Ham player. An old fashioned tackle in effect which in the modern era is not often seen as it gives the ref a chance to book you. I am absolutely not advocating that Jones should have been carded but clearing out a player is a risky business in modern football.
Stay on your feet, stops the problem. If you were a manager you would be pounding that into players heads all the time.

No he didn't.
Jones was on his way past the West Ham player when the West Ham player arrived and then went into the side of Jones's legs.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mike dean did even things out though by not sending kouyate off for what was a two footed out of control lunge......

And this is his main fault here, total lack of consistency giving the impression that he may have thought the first one may have been wrong so he wasn't going to do anything about the Kouyate incident which was worthy of the same punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.