And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Terrible from Arsenal and shocking defending to concede the penalty. Big ask now as Bournemouth are well up for this. Can see Arsene being very miserable in the post match interview and dropping further behind Chelsea

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Terrible from Arsenal and shocking defending to concede the penalty. Big ask now as Bournemouth are well up for this. Can see Arsene being very miserable in the post match interview and dropping further behind Chelsea

Chelsea are not their first concern, just staying ahead of Spurs & Utd is their only priority now and hoping to secure 4th, which I think will be a battle they won't win.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like Arsenal's new black/red striped away kit - they're playing some good football. Not sure about the Bournemouth yellow home kit.

What's that, Arsenal are in the yellow? Surely you jest, they're being outplayed by Bournemouth.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So who's best to listen to? Which armchair expert? Souness?

Sorry, it was Curbishly. As he said, "you leave the ground when making a tackle like that, this season, and you risk a red." IMO Dean got it right.

They are all worth listening to. Assimilate what they say, a soupcon of your own judgement, boil for 10 minutes then make your own decision.:thup:

One pundit/player/manager's opinion doesnt make something a fact, as like us mere mortals, we all have different opinions.

Jones also came in from the side which is a mitigating factor, maybe if Jones had come in straight on and Feghouli jumped in, it may have been right. However, he didnt, it wasnt and IMHO it was never a red.

Future tip: quote more respected people than Pardew.:whoo:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Winning or getting the ball first doesn't mean he wasn't reckless or committing a foul though, we just saw that with Ferdie who got the ball but it was a scissor tackle taking the man afterwards and he rightly walked!

Players coming in from behind or head on and getting to the ball marginally first does not excuse them if they have done so whilst committing a foul, it doesn't exoneration them as some seem to believe!

Spot on.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely love watching Bournemouth play and one of my favourite players Dan Gosling.

He does not start every game but most times I watch his pass completion percentage must be very high,not a superstar by any stretch but a good solid pro.

Hope Arsenal don't get a draw or better they deserve nowt on the first half performance,they miss Ozil big time and dare I say it Walcotts pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.