And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pressures on 😜

Tonight Mathew I'm going to be an EAGLE 😂😂😂😂

Pressure was always on Fish. If I remember correctly you called me a name for saying that Spurs and Utd were still very much in the race a few weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looking at clubs with momentum, strength in depth and more convincing than others in current false positions. I think it will be a London 1 & 2 and Arsenal not in the top 4 😜😎

Top three clubs in Regards form

Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool

Teams missing big players at the moment yet still winning - Liverpool

I'm guessing you keep dismissing Liverpool in some hope it might come true - yet we keep on staying there. Won't take much for that small gap between Liverpool and Chelsea to disappear :whoo:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Pressure was always on Fish. If I remember correctly you called me a name for saying that Spurs and Utd were still very much in the race a few weeks ago.

I think you'll find that the last league position I posted actually had Utd in 3rd and I've always said that if Utd and/or Spurs pushed themselves into the top 4 it would be at the expense of Arsenal &/or Liverpool, and that's still possible going on 'performances' !

Watford are poor but Spurs are playing with a purpose and look hungry & clinical, Ali is turning every 50/50 into a 60/40 ball and they are clearly putting down a marker and displaying far more desire for a top 4 spot than I've seen from Arsenal.

,I doubt we'll see the same kind of performance later and we'll probably be subjected to more mediocre football from the gurners and more whining from Wenger!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool

I'm guessing you keep dismissing Liverpool in some hope it might come true - yet we keep on staying there. Won't take much for that small gap between Liverpool and Chelsea to disappear :whoo:

Liverpool have never won the PL so the pressure will also be a factor in the closing stages.

If it comes down to a 2 horse race between Chelsea and Liverpool in the title run in I would fancy Chelsea.

But with half a season yet to go anything can happen.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool

I'm dismissing Liverpool because your not good enough irrelevant of current results to go the distance imo, you huff & puff and will run out of steam, you have an easy fixture against Sunderland next but we have Spurs away, but then I expect us to put more distance between us and whoever is fighting below us for the scraps.

10 points between 4th and top, I think that's a lot but what I think could be key to some positions below us will be Utd's poor goal difference.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Liverpool have never won the PL so the pressure will also be a factor in the closing stages.

If it comes down to a 2 horse race between Chelsea and Liverpool in the title run in I would fancy Chelsea.

But with half a season yet to go anything can happen.

I think it is already a 2 horse race between Chelsea and Liverpool. Chelsea are looking invincible, and Liverpool are starting to look like a real class act.

City are looking awful, and need a major injection of something. Arsenal are running to their usual form and will be in the mix for the other two spots but I can't see them getting second this season.

Tottenham, after a poor start, are coming on strongly. Utd, I'm not convinced they've really found the missing spark yet. Yesterday's result against Boro wasn't that good in terms of play. Boro rarely look like winning, and a team of Utd's supposed class shouldn't have been struggling for the win, especially at home.

Chelsea
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
City
Utd.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm dismissing Liverpool because your not good enough irrelevant of current results to go the distance imo, you huff & puff and will run out of steam, you have an easy fixture against Sunderland next but we have Spurs away, but then I expect us to put more distance between us and whoever is fighting below us for the scraps.

10 points between 4th and top, I think that's a lot but what I think could be key to some positions below us will be Utd's poor goal difference.

Been good enough to beat so far - Arsenal , Chelsea and City - with two of those games away meaning that Arsenal and Chelsea have to come to Anfield where we haven't lost for nearly 12 months. People keep saying we will "run out of steam" yet doesn't seem to be happening - no European football and some players coming back from injury will help keep that going.

Chelsea got some big games coming up after a decent run - a couple of defeats and it all changes a defeat to Spurs then get nothing from the visit to Anfield and the gap disappears to zero.

Chelsea have the upper hand at the moment but lots of games to go and certainly more twists yet .

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think it is already a 2 horse race between Chelsea and Liverpool. Chelsea are looking invincible, and Liverpool are starting to look like a real class act.

City are looking awful, and need a major injection of something. Arsenal are running to their usual form and will be in the mix for the other two spots but I can't see them getting second this season.

Tottenham, after a poor start, are coming on strongly. Utd, I'm not convinced they've really found the missing spark yet. Yesterday's result against Boro wasn't that good in terms of play. Boro rarely look like winning, and a team of Utd's supposed class shouldn't have been struggling for the win, especially at home.

Chelsea
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
City
Utd.

I think it could end up

Chelsea
Tottenham
City (goal difference on Utd)
United
Liverpool
Arsenal

I think City have too much quality to fall away and will sort themselves out at the same time L'pool crash & burn 😜

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been good enough to beat so far - Arsenal , Chelsea and City - with two of those games away meaning that Arsenal and Chelsea have to come to Anfield where we haven't lost for nearly 12 months. People keep saying we will "run out of steam" yet doesn't seem to be happening - no European football and some players coming back from injury will help keep that going.

Chelsea got some big games coming up after a decent run - a couple of defeats and it all changes a defeat to Spurs then get nothing from the visit to Anfield and the gap disappears to zero.

Chelsea have the upper hand at the moment but lots of games to go and certainly more twists yet .

But season is young and it will only take losing a couple of players together for cracks to appear.

Admittedly Liverpool have coped admirably without Coutinho so far but it will be a real test if Lallana now gets injured especially when Mane disappears for a few weeks.
Most top teams can manage losing a star player but usually suffer if that becomes 2-3 at once.

That's part of the reason for Leicester winning title last season. Their core 11-13 players were available for almost the whole season.

Chelsea and Liverpool have a better chance of emulating Leicester in that respect due to no European football but there are no guarantees.

D

Deleted member 15344

But season is young and it will only take losing a couple of players together for cracks to appear.

Admittedly Liverpool have coped admirably without Coutinho so far but it will be a real test if Lallana now gets injured especially when Mane disappears for a few weeks.
Most top teams can manage losing a star player but usually suffer if that becomes 2-3 at once.

That's part of the reason for Leicester winning title last season. Their core 11-13 players were available for almost the whole season.

Chelsea and Liverpool have a better chance of emulating Leicester in that respect due to no European football but there are no guarantees.

We have also been without Matip our best CB for the best three weeks as well and he is due to come back - we have also been without Lallana ( after England games ) , Can , Wjinaldum , Lovren at stages throughout the season and coped with it. We also have some youngsters that have shown they are comfortable if they are needed. Being without Matip and Coutinho for the past 4/5 weeks has been a blow but we have still kept the wins coming. Mane going will be a blow but at the same time Coutinho will be back and Sturridge up to strength.

The season is young and Klopp may well dip into the market to get another young player into the team

Even if we don't win this season - it won't take Klopp long with the foundation he is building.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
We have also been without Matip our best CB for the best three weeks as well and he is due to come back - we have also been without Lallana ( after England games ) , Can , Wjinaldum , Lovren at stages throughout the season and coped with it. We also have some youngsters that have shown they are comfortable if they are needed. Being without Matip and Coutinho for the past 4/5 weeks has been a blow but we have still kept the wins coming. Mane going will be a blow but at the same time Coutinho will be back and Sturridge up to strength.

The season is young and Klopp may well dip into the market to get another young player into the team

Even if we don't win this season - it won't take Klopp long with the foundation he is building.

Well that's it folks.

We may may as well give up watching. Liverpool will win the league......

Eventually.......

Fish

Banned
Visit site
[/B]
Well that's it folks.

Eventually.......

Obviously nobody else is building and we're all standing still whilst this imaginary empire is being built 😂😂😂

D

Deleted member 15344

[/B]
Well that's it folks.

Eventually.......

How's your manager getting on ?

Still keeping the club as a feeder club for the big teams ?

Status
Not open for further replies.