Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

That will do nicely :whoo:

Great way to end 2016 - Happy New Year

D

Deleted member 18588

That's 90 minutes of my life I've just wasted and won't get back.

Great goal fit to win any match. Just a shame it was wasted on that load of dross.

Don't think I have ever seen so many misplaced passes in a game at that level. That ineptitude started with City and quickly spread to Liverpool. As is so often the case the matches given the big build up by the media turn out to be rubbish.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
That's 90 minutes of my life I've just wasted and won't get back.

Great goal fit to win any match. Just a shame it was wasted on that load of dross.

Don't think I have ever seen so many misplaced passes in a game at that level. That ineptitude started with City and quickly spread to Liverpool. As is so often the case the matches given the big build up by the media turn out to be rubbish.
You are lucky. I just watched Brentford and Norwich.:eek:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice to win a game where a nice defensive performance will be ignored. Not a great performance, but a great result. Looking like one of chelseas few challengers....go on offer me a brave bet....

D

Deleted member 18588

Nice to win a game where a nice defensive performance will be ignored. Not a great performance, but a great result. Looking like one of chelseas few challengers....go on offer me a brave bet....

I'll agree with that.

Liverpool's defensive play was very solid and overall they were the only team that was going to win the match. But after about 30 mins the attacking/constructive play become pretty well as poor as City.

Hence my remarks that as a spectacle to the neutral it was something of a disappointment.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just lke a score card, how you got the ball into the hole doesn't matter, its the final number that counts. It's 3 points from a difficult and much anticipated fixture, thats all that matters.

D

Deleted member 18588

Just lke a score card, how you got the ball into the hole doesn't matter, its the final number that counts. It's 3 points from a difficult and much anticipated fixture, thats all that matters.

I agree that if I were a Liverpool fan that is exactly how I would feel.

My point was more about the media hype before the game which led to much anticipation but the game itself did not live up to that build up.

D

Deleted member 16999

Funny that, when Arsenal was winning the PL with 1-0 wins, opposition fans would sing, Boring Boring Arsenal. ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

I agree that if I were a Liverpool fan that is exactly how I would feel.

My point was more about the media hype before the game which led to much anticipation but the game itself did not live up to that build up.

Is it not a regular occurrence with games not living up to hype - believe it's just easier to ignore the hype ?

It was an important game with the result being key and Liverpool fans being extremely pleased with the result and I was very pleased with the defensive display especially with the flak they have got from that area. City full of attacking threat were reduced to pretty much zero clearcut chances. Where as we still created a good number chances that on another day could have had the score up to 3

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Te biggest thing for me during the game was that Liverpool had the one real moment of class.

The rest was was pretty poor from both. It was good for Liverpool to keep a clean sheet, but I'd be interested to see the passing stats in the attacking third. It seemed to me that on every occasion either team was about to have a decent chance, the final pass was lacking.

Whether thats good defending im not so sure. But as has been mentioned on many times before. And the end of the season, the name goes on the trophy, nit the level of performance in each game. All champions win ugly at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.