And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It's a good instinctive goal/finish but what an exaggeration to say best goal ever 😂😂😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How's your manager getting on ?Still keeping the club as a feeder club for the big teams ?
Oh dear. Want some help putting the toys back.....As a REALISTIC fan I'm actually quite happy. We will have our ups and downs. But just enjoy going to the odd game and enjoy the season as it goes.

D

Deleted member 16999

Arsenal totally in control against a poor side,
Giroud's goal was superb, great breakaway, quick passing, brilliant finish.

Can't see past Chelsea winning the league, still a lot of twists n turns to go, good to see a few teams in and around it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Spot on, let's not get carried away with some how making out it was a tactical plan, 1-0 for either team would've been a great result, but neither set of fans would be happy (if they were honest) if they played that way for the rest of the season.
3 points off main rivals is massive.

I'd accept playing like that if it guaranteed winning. We've seen other teams play great stuff over the course of a season and win nothing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Given the hyperbole over the Mikhitaryian effort, then this one was definitely better and certainly a contender for goal of the season. As for one of the best ever, it would get into a PL top 20 but not an all time top 20. Good, exceptionally good, but I've seen better over the years, some of which never got captured on TV (back in the 80's when there wasn't wall to wall coverage across all the divisions)

D

Deleted member 15344

One of them, certainly.

Don't get me wrong it was a quality finish but 5 mins before highlights the issue with Giroud - the simplist of chances , those are the ones a top striker needs to put away and Giroud just doesn't

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given the hyperbole over the Mikhitaryian effort, then this one was definitely better and certainly a contender for goal of the season. As for one of the best ever, it would get into a PL top 20 but not an all time top 20. Good, exceptionally good, but I've seen better over the years, some of which never got captured on TV (back in the 80's when there wasn't wall to wall coverage across all the divisions)

Even if you said it made the top 500 of all time, by definition it's one of the best goals ever.

D

Deleted member 1740

One of them, certainly.

Really?

The ball was behind him and I don't think he actually meant to put it in the way it went in, I thought it looked a great goal but iy was more luck than skill.

Martin Tyler loves to over exaggerate though.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really?

The ball was behind him and I don't think he actually meant to put it in the way it went in, I thought it looked a great goal but iy was more luck than skill.

Martin Tyler loves to over exaggerate though.

Yes really, if it was a Liverpool player Souness and Carragher wouldn't be playing it down like they are.

Like I said it's one of the best not THE best.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yes really, if it was a Liverpool player Souness and Carragher wouldn't be playing it down like they are.

Like I said it's one of the best not THE best.

If it was a Liverpool player then it would've been the best ever ever goal scored obviously :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

It was pretty to watch, something a little different but lets be honest it was an instinctive albeit athletic waft of the leg that got lucky.
That's basically how he described it, it was behind him and he tried to direct it goalwards, still superb to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.