And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd expect him not to make the situation worse; he's succeeded in taking them two places lower than they were when he took over; he's apparently soured the relationship with the fans to the extent that it isn't fixable; and he's supposedly done the same with the dressing room. An even keel until the transfer window might have been something, instead it's dive, dive, dive.

God knows how the owners ever thought he had the experience for the job. Having realised that he isn't up to it they've taken the only reasonable action available to them to try & retrieve the situation. How that is disgusting I'm not sure.

It seems horrendously unfair to me. 11 matches in charge with a team that his predecessor assembled. Also had just sold their talisman Ashley Williams to Everton.

Bradley didn't have a chance to ship players out and bring his players in. They couldn't even wait for the January window before they sacked him.

The fans were always going to get on a managers back if results weren't good.

I agree that he wasn't the right man at that time to come in but once in they should have stood by him until the end of the season at least. That's why I think the owners treatment of Bradley is disgusting.

Unless they give new man money in January they will most likely go down.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
FWIW I also think he's been treated very, very poorly indeed.
He's been given less than three months between transfer windows! Unable to change the squad. Unable to ship anyone out or bring anyone in. What the hell did Swansea expect?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everton expect to complete a £10m deal for 19-year-old Ademola Lookman early in the January transfer window

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38449936

Supposedly going to take him straight away as well rather than loaning him back for the rest of the season. Is that an indictment of the current squad or is he that good?

Steve Walsh's first proper window for Everton, will be interesting.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Supposedly going to take him straight away as well rather than loaning him back for the rest of the season. Is that an indictment of the current squad or is he that good?

Steve Walsh's first proper window for Everton, will be interesting.

I think it's a case of accepting and knowing that without anyone supporting Lukaku nothing will change at Everton, so it has to be a positive buy and putting him straight in shows a good intent that they want to impress on those above them.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Another goal conceded by player turning back on the ball.

Why don't managers stamp this out?

Getting worried are you, another goal will see them only 1 point behind you again, I can see you struggling to hang on to that 4th spot this season 😜

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Getting worried are you, another goal will see them only 1 point behind you again, I can see you struggling to hang on to that 4th spot this season 😜

Why would you expect something that hasn't happened in the last 20 seasons?

Wishful thinking yes but expectation? I don't think so.

I will probably have to drop one of my picks for top 4 soon as it looks like Chelsea will grab one of the spots.

Still too early to call top 4 as we haven't reached half way yet and all to play for still.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea how they'd do that. Is it a modern thing? I can remember seeing defenders turn their back in the past. Is it a continental thing when you compare them to the likes of Terry, Carragher, Bruce, etc

It is a modern thing yes. Once upon a time when footballers were men they never used to cry when the ball hit them.

I heard recently on the radio that Arthur Cox told players that they would not play for him again if he saw them do that.

Managers could fine players or drop them, I would!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Another header 😜

Both Spurs & Manure look far more convincing than Arsenal who scrape through matches currently, 4th, 5th & 6th getting very interesting, 1 slip and it's all change 😜

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Penalty now..........and a red card, can't see a way back for Saints now.......what a miss.....was he last man for the red or has he said something to the ref?

Status
Not open for further replies.