And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I thought it was very soft and the Red was harsh.

I think he's had a tug at him before he fell into him, the ref saw it but the cameraman didn't, not sure he was last defender though with the 2 running by the side of them.

D

Deleted member 15344

I thought it was very soft and the Red was harsh.

I thought the rules had changed in Regards red card and penalties

A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box.

Edit : deliberate fouls still get a red so

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another header 

Both Spurs & Manure look far more convincing than Arsenal who scrape through matches currently, 4th, 5th & 6th getting very interesting, 1 slip and it's all change 

Mark of a good team though, getting results when not playing that great.:thup:

Kane unfortunate there with the pen. His standing foot displaced turf as he took his pen and effectively put the ball up on a tee. No wonder he skied it!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box.

Just been screaming that at the tv.

Sours have been playing well, we missed our chance for 2-0. But with 10 men the ref has really helped us out!?!

D

Deleted member 1740

I think he's had a tug at him before he fell into him, the ref saw it but the cameraman didn't, not sure he was last defender though with the 2 running by the side of them.

The initial "contact " was outside the box. We've seen it many times where a foul has continued in the box only for it to be pulled back and a free kick be given.

D

Deleted member 1740

Edit : deliberate fouls still get a red so

I don't think it's was either.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another goal conceded by player turning back on the ball.

Why don't managers stamp this out?

It's just human instinct to turn away from possible damage.
A manager can't just tell a player to turn his back and it'd be very difficult to train it out of a player.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The initial "contact " was outside the box. We've seen it many times where a foul has continued in the box only for it to be pulled back and a free kick be given.

Well it took a long time, maybe the linesman has relayed something to the ref and then hes given it? Or maybe words were exchanged?

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't think it's was either.

If he had pulled him back in the box then it can only be deliberate so a red card is right - looking at the replays so far whilst it's soft it's prob the correct call

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well it took a long time, maybe the linesman has relayed something to the ref and then hes given it? Or maybe words were exchanged?

Or the refs just got it wrong?

i can accept its a pen, albeit there is a case the offence occurred outsode the box. But it's not a red. Even if it was for something he said, when was a player last sent off for foul language? Would surely be two yellows if it were one for each. Not straight red.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking at that last replay, the inital pull looked to have started outsode the box anyway. No idea what the linesman could have relayed as the ref had already given it so he'd made the decision not the linesman. Only the ref would have heard any abusive language which would be a straight red but the delay seemed strange. Kane's miss evened up a poor decision and Spurs not good enough tonight to make the extra man count (at least so far)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Or the refs just got it wrong?

i can accept its a pen, albeit there is a case the offence occurred outsode the box. But it's not a red. Even if it was for something he said, when was a player last sent off for foul language? Would surely be two yellows if it were one for each. Not straight red.

It would seem it's because he made no attempt at the ball, so the initial offence happened outside the box but he then deliberately fell into him bringing him down, thus it's a straight red!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It would seem it's because he made no attempt at the ball, so the initial offence happened outside the box but he then deliberately fell into him bringing him down, thus it's a straight red!

i don't think there were two separate motions if I'm honest. I think the entire action was one movement. If there was 10 yards prior to the box he'd still have fell into him.

Point being that that he was always going to fall into him as he couldn't catch him. Therefor it's not IMO deliberate. No more so than any mistimed tackle.

But it it's been levelled now as fonte should be gone.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That took a wicked deflection right into his path, I'd just said to the wife that Saints were still in this, I'll keep my mouth shut in future 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.