And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes great business 60 million for a sub although a good one.

China obviously has too much money and will pay stupid amounts for top names,if Oscar is 60 mill then there are many 100 mill players.

Yeah Ozil would be worth £150M

Me being cynical but offloading players to China for inflated fees seems a great way to get around FFP rules.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah Ozil would be worth £150M

Me being cynical but offloading players to China for inflated fees seems a great way to get around FFP rules.

Ozil the other day would have been a tenner.

I actually thought football fees might have dropped over the last few years but it seems that now its getting close to someone earning 500k a week[madness].

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I actually thought football fees might have dropped over the last few years but it seems that now its getting close to someone earning 500k a week[madness].

There's talk about Tevez earning 600k a week, the guys 33!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Same here, it's absolute madness.

It looks like the PL table will mirror the financial table yet again after the freak season last year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad to see from an ambition perspective but Oscar is only young so two years in China, trouser the cash and then come back to proper football. There is a Brazilian community appearing in Chinese football so maybe it not a surprise that he is going there. Great move from Chelsea, certainly helps thier FFP. I bet Man City will be looking to hawk some players to China if they are going to pay those types of fees.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sad to see from an ambition perspective but Oscar is only young so two years in China, trouser the cash and then come back to proper football. There is a Brazilian community appearing in Chinese football so maybe it not a surprise that he is going there. Great move from Chelsea, certainly helps thier FFP. I bet Man City will be looking to hawk some players to China if they are going to pay those types of fees.

Heard a whisper that Tevez is on the verge of moving from Boca Juniors to a Chinese side. £650K a week reported salary!

They're throwing some crazy money at it just now.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heard a whisper that Tevez is on the verge of moving from Boca Juniors to a Chinese side. £650K a week reported salary!

They're throwing some crazy money at it just now.
Yes, £610k a week. For Tevez. That's £31.7 million a year.
All this will have a knock on effect for the EPL and football around the world. It can only end in tears.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, £610k a week. For Tevez. That's £31.7 million a year.
All this will have a knock on effect for the EPL and football around the world. It can only end in tears.

I can only smile at the madness when the bottom club in the EPL will be banking £100m a year in TV money alone but won't be able to afford anyone better than "decent"...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Right.
I don't understand something......

If what Big Sam did a few months ago that cost him his job as England Manager was so bad, how come what he did back then is overlooked and it let's him back into the Premier League so soon..?

Or does everyone in Football have the memory of a dead goldfish...?

D

Deleted member 16999

Right.
I don't understand something......

If what Big Sam did a few months ago that cost him his job as England Manager was so bad, how come what he did back then is overlooked and it let's him back into the Premier League so soon..?

Or does everyone in Football have the memory of a dead goldfish...?
What he did was embarass himself and make his position as England manager untenable, he didn't actually "do" anything apart from talk.
Obviously Crystal Palace are willing to risk that, if he gets the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.