And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

The 5-0 at Goodison was my very first derby, lower Bullens in the home end with me arl fella, it was great.

We didnt get in till about 12.00, I must have had 30 glasses of coke and 40 bags of crisp, done up and down county road that night, and I was only about 11.

I was 18 and on home on leave and also in the Lower Bullens, pretty sure I never went out that night.

D

Deleted member 1740

It's not a criticism Stu, in the past he was talked up as possibly replacing Gerrard and seemed a bit lost when Gerrard was in the side.
Without being accussed of being a closet red, credit were credits due, he's having a great season and at times has been seen up front, wide, last man, his workrate is what I think you couldn't currently replace with the players you've got, he's doing what Gerrard did without the goals.

I've not took it as criticism, it's just that's been his main role this season as a DM. Saying that he and the other midfield 3 are flexible and there will be times when he'll be out of position through attacking situations and the others will drop in.

He's not fit enough to lace Gerrard's boots and in fairness all of that hype has not helped the Lad.

D

Deleted member 16999

I've not took it as criticism, it's just that's been his main role this season as a DM. Saying that he and the other midfield 3 are flexible and there will be times when he'll be out of position through attacking situations and the others will drop in.

He's not fit enough to lace Gerrard's boots and in fairness all of that hype has not helped the Lad.
For England's sake I'd be happy for him to continue to grow.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I cant believe how deep Henderson plays I cant work out wether he is a defensive midfielder or an attacking one.

I think he would be more dangerous in the final 3rd.
Sometimes last night he was the last man.

Its because we split our centre halves, so the DM (Henderson) goes in line with them a lot, as a pivot.

It then allows the full backs to push on, as more or less wing backs. It also lets Lallana and Wijnaldum get forward more.
Its great as an attacking model, but obviously can leave you exposed at times.

TBH our defence isnt that bad in open play, but we are woeful at defending free kicks and corners, which is our soft underbelly.

Instead of me picking my top 6 in order, I'll go with:-

Finishing position:-

Chelsea 1-2

Liverpool 1-3

City 2-4

Arsenal 2-5

United 4-6

Spurs 5-6

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dead tired us, lar:-

C0IMTSYWQAAEBXy.jpg

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dead tired us, lar:-

C0IMTSYWQAAEBXy.jpg

What happened in the Bournemouth match?

Fatigue or not the Liverpool defence ain't good enough. Likewise City's probably isn't either.

Tottenham have the opposite problem, great defence but can't score.

And Arsenal well....i'll leave that to the forum to decide.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You said he doesn't know what he's talking about but he's allowed an opinion:confused:

I just think you're a bit of a bell end on this thread.

Lol Stu but of course your entitled to your opinion.

This thread seems to make a few of us a bit different to what we normally are but its mostly good natured,i suppose its the passion we show for our respective teams.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you really holding your hopes on Depay ? The guy was clearly found out to be nowhere near good enough for the Prem - he is another Alonso Alves - excellent in Holland on a flat track - poor in the Prem

No I'm not but he is worth a loan move until the end of the season now that Bolassie is out. Depay is unloved and lost at Utd. Often happens at big clubs, certainly happens with Maureen. We can pick him up, give him a hug and play him week in week out. We will get more out of him. If he is a flat track bully then he will go back to Utd in June and it has only cost us some of his wages. If it goes well then presumably we will have first option on him. It's worth a punt. Someone thought he was worth something a couple of years ago so let's see if we can re-ignite him, he is young enough.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What happened in the Bournemouth match?

Fatigue or not the Liverpool defence ain't good enough. Likewise City's probably isn't either.

Tottenham have the opposite problem, great defence but can't score.

And Arsenal well....i'll leave that to the forum to decide.

Ah, so you move from one thing to another, to suit your argument.

Bournemouth was one of them mad things that happen in the prem. No Liverpool fan has said our defence is good enough.

FYI - I don't think you noticed that this is over the whole of the prem seasons......so not really apt, from me, either.:D

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
No I'm not but he is worth a loan move until the end of the season now that Bolassie is out. Depay is unloved and lost at Utd. Often happens at big clubs, certainly happens with Maureen. We can pick him up, give him a hug and play him week in week out. We will get more out of him. If he is a flat track bully then he will go back to Utd in June and it has only cost us some of his wages. If it goes well then presumably we will have first option on him. It's worth a punt. Someone thought he was worth something a couple of years ago so let's see if we can re-ignite him, he is young enough.

Certainly worth a go rather than just writing him off based on one bad season. Has already put in a match-winning performance for the Dutch this season and he's certainly capable of more than he showed last year for United. I think he could potentially be a superb signing.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
More likely to see him in the gossip pages for wearing an outrageous item of clothing, rather than the back pages for changing a game.

I'd be very surprised if someone could get him to apply himself fully and realise his potential.

D

Deleted member 1740

I've just took my Lad to see father Christmas and look in went in before us

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Who do you see splashing the cash in January and who is likely to come and go?

I think West Ham will want to splash a bit with their current situation, they need a striker and badly (Callum Wilson is a name going round)
Don't see Chelsea doing much with their squad. Same with Arsenal as normal in January (I think their priority right now is contracts for Ozil & Sanchez)
Liverpool maybe in for a couple of players but unsure who and same with City as normal...

As for us, we need a striker & a LB. Bony looks like he's off as not in plans. Diouf is off to ACON which is leaves us with Crouch and Walters...
I think we'll be back in for Berahino.

Status
Not open for further replies.