And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I cant get my head round Martial. Think hes a cracking player, yet both utd and france use him sparingly. I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave.

Prob go to everton with Ericsson :p

Now, now. No need to be sarky. Blending Depay, Schneiderlin and Ericsson into the team in January will be enough without adding Martial into the mix as well.

D

Deleted member 16999

Are you suggesting Henderson is as good as Kante with that comment?? :mmm:

He's certainly as important, biggest difference is the other players around them, LPool don't have Chelsea's depth, losing Henderson would have a bigger impact on you's than if Chelsea lost Kante.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah you never know, Arsenal could go on another long unbeaten run in the league before then.

You need players to be fit for anything like that and as Arsenal are so consistent I don't see that happening :rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Now, now. No need to be sarky. Blending Depay, Schneiderlin and Ericsson into the team in January will be enough without adding Martial into the mix as well.

Are you really holding your hopes on Depay ? The guy was clearly found out to be nowhere near good enough for the Prem - he is another Alonso Alves - excellent in Holland on a flat track - poor in the Prem

D

Deleted member 15344

He's certainly as important, biggest difference is the other players around them, LPool don't have Chelsea's depth, losing Henderson would have a bigger impact on you's than if Chelsea lost Kante.

Can is more than capable of filling in

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Are you really holding your hopes on Depay ? The guy was clearly found out to be nowhere near good enough for the Prem - he is another Alonso Alves - excellent in Holland on a flat track - poor in the Prem

Id have him at saints. Plenty of highlights showing he still has potential. Look at all the attacking player Utd have signed. They've stunted almost all of them at some point.

Not sayng hes the next Ronaldo. But think it's too soon to write him off.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I cant believe how deep Henderson plays I cant work out wether he is a defensive midfielder or an attacking one.

I think he would be more dangerous in the final 3rd.
Sometimes last night he was the last man.

D

Deleted member 1740

Never said he wasn't Stu but in my opinion he talks rubbish so if he has an opinion I don't have to agree with it.

I hate Liverpool and he hates Utd and I have no problem with that.

You said he doesn't know what he's talking about but he's allowed an opinion:confused:

I just think you're a bit of a bell end on this thread.

D

Deleted member 16999

I cant believe how deep Henderson plays I cant work out wether he is a defensive midfielder or an attacking one.

I think he would be more dangerous in the final 3rd.
Sometimes last night he was the last man.
I'm not sure he knows, he has games were he seems to cover every blade of grass, currently, imo, he's probably their most important player and why I think he'd be more of a loss than Kante would be at Chelsea.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm not sure he knows, he has games were he seems to cover every blade of grass, currently, imo, he's probably their most important player and why I think he'd be more of a loss than Kante would be at Chelsea.

He's played all season in the DM role.

D

Deleted member 16999

He's played all season in the DM role.
It's not a criticism Stu, in the past he was talked up as possibly replacing Gerrard and seemed a bit lost when Gerrard was in the side.
Without being accussed of being a closet red, credit were credits due, he's having a great season and at times has been seen up front, wide, last man, his workrate is what I think you couldn't currently replace with the players you've got, he's doing what Gerrard did without the goals.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some crying done about that tackle from Barkley. Proper yellow card derby tackle. Bit late and looked sore as it caught henderson right on the ankle but for me that is part of the game. A rojo horror tackle it wasnt.

Everton very slow to react for the goal. Mane is some player. You cant fail to be impressed with his energy.

Rubbish Gaz, that was a ankle breaker, that luckily didnt.

A Certain Alan Stubbs said when Milan Baros did it to him that it was a ####house tackle. Every player pundit has said it was a red, as they know the intent and how reckless it was and what damage it could have caused.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was thinking about the match last night and regardless off the performances of both teams, the result was disastrous and brilliant depending on who you support, so, forgetting all the great games you've seen, what was the worst from a results point of view.
I have 2, being there when LPool beat us 5-0 at Goodison and Rush got 4, closely followed by Utd beating us 6-2 on a Boxing Day again at Goodison. never felt so low going home from a game.

The 5-0 at Goodison was my very first derby, lower Bullens in the home end with me arl fella, it was great.

We didnt get in till about 12.00, I must have had 30 glasses of coke and 40 bags of crisp, done up and down county road that night, and I was only about 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.