And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't be bothered to trawl back through the pages on this thread but for those people who were smugly laughing at Newcastle, not my team incidentally, as Pardew and Allardyce were both doing "so well" in their respective jobs after not being wanted by the fans there.....................................nuff said?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be very surprised if buy anyone in Jan.

I would be surprised by any movement into the top 4/5 teams. Movement out yes, in no. Movement in during January is usually at the lower end as teams panic buy to try to stay up. If you also look at the quality of player being required by the top 4/5, who will sell them that quality of player mid season? The top teams are looking fairly solid and probably don't need the upset of inserting a new star name in mid season.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't be bothered to trawl back through the pages on this thread but for those people who were smugly laughing at Newcastle, not my team incidentally, as Pardew and Allardyce were both doing "so well" in their respective jobs after not being wanted by the fans there.....................................nuff said?

Yes but Allardyce will probably take over and will keep Palace up. :thup:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quite probably, partly because he does that well and partly because Palace are better than at least 3 teams in that league and they are under performing. 18 months later the fans will want rid of him though because they can't bear his style of football. He keeps teams up, like Pullis, but would you want to watch his teams week in week out? History suggests, other than at Bolton, the answer is no.

D

Deleted member 15344

I guess that answers that question that used to asked regualry

No he isn't the best manager

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quite probably, partly because he does that well and partly because Palace are better than at least 3 teams in that league and they are under performing. 18 months later the fans will want rid of him though because they can't bear his style of football. He keeps teams up, like Pullis, but would you want to watch his teams week in week out? History suggests, other than at Bolton, the answer is no.

He was well respected at Blackburn before they were taken over by The Venky Clowns who then brought in Steve Keen and it has been downhill all the way since then.

With a bit of luck, sorry lot of luck, will just manage to stay in The Championship

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will be interested to see what sort of reception Allardyce gets if he gets appointed as seems likely. How much stick will he get for the England farce? What sort of football will Palace play and will he keep them up. At least he'll have January to get players in

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That seems a little bit harsh on Pulis who has been doing a decent job at West Brom. Have only seen them on MOTD but they've looked like they've been playing some reasonable football and are comfortably in the top half of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.