And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
nice to see Costa and Kante fancied a few extra days off at xmas too :)

Costa will only miss Bournemouth I think, best get it out the way, when your sitting on that it's inevitable it's coming, so it's all about the timing 😉

D

Deleted member 16999

No mate you will have to see it first.
He was off the ground because he was pushed,watch it and you might change your mind
Just watched it Tony and to be honest I don't think he gave the Ref any choice, he's battling for the ball with Glen Johnson and loses his balance while he's in the air both feet of the ground he lunges to get the ball and catches the defender, certainly not a foul by Johnson on Vardy and certainly no intent to harm the defender by Vardy, but he does tackle with both feet in the air, from the Refs angle he's got both feet off the ground when the contact is made and once again questions would've asked whatever decision he made, the Stoke players certainly made a fuss.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Costa will only miss Bournemouth I think, best get it out the way, when your sitting on that it's inevitable it's coming, so it's all about the timing 😉

If he had lasted till 31st Dec his yellow cards count gets reset, wouldn't have carried over into 2017.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just watched it Tony and to be honest I don't think he gave the Ref any choice, he's battling for the ball with Glen Johnson and loses his balance while he's in the air both feet of the ground he lunges to get the ball and catches the defender, certainly not a foul by Johnson on Vardy and certainly no intent to harm the defender by Vardy, but he does tackle with both feet in the air, from the Refs angle he's got both feet off the ground when the contact is made and once again questions would've asked whatever decision he made, the Stoke players certainly made a fuss.

Ive just seen it and I thought it was harsh.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Got to disagree Paul. Yes he was off his feet, not through choice but because Glen Johnson "helps" him off his feet. The legs aren't extended, the studs aren't showing, there is basically no comparison with the Rojo incident that he got wrong, but I suspect he felt the pressure from that and consequently needed to send someone off to prove a point.

D

Deleted member 16999

Got to disagree Paul. Yes he was off his feet, not through choice but because Glen Johnson "helps" him off his feet. The legs aren't extended, the studs aren't showing, there is basically no comparison with the Rojo incident that he got wrong, but I suspect he felt the pressure from that and consequently needed to send someone off to prove a point.
Possibly felt pressure, but the Stoke players certainly didn't help.

D

Deleted member 1740

Good finish from Sterling then.

Arsenal have been sloppy this 2nd half, I wonder if tiredness is kicking in....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good finish from Sterling then.

Arsenal have been sloppy this 2nd half, I wonder if tiredness is kicking in....

nah just a pathetically weak centre midfield pairing and an over reliance on 4 or 5 players to carry the rest, pretty predictable whats going on (at least it is to anyone whos watched the last 10 years)

D

Deleted member 1740

nah just a pathetically weak centre midfield pairing and an over reliance on 4 or 5 players to carry the rest, pretty predictable whats going on (at least it is to anyone whos watched the last 10 years)

I agree. I just hope sawtooth doesn't read this :D

D

Deleted member 15344

Situation normal then

Can see how deflated Sanchez looked on his haunches , he knows he won't win the top titles with Arsenal

Why didn't Ozil play today ? - injured or suspended ?

Pretty big win for City

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
same deficiencies, and its not as if we hadnt had a recent reminder of it at goodison park midweek. no fight, no leaders, too vulnerable through the middle and too reliant on a handful of individuals, hey but what do i know

Status
Not open for further replies.