And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe a another colour card should be introduced, let's say a blue one for 'going on report', very much like in RL when it's obvious to all concerned something has happened but the ref can't be 100% sure, this then stops him dishing out a yellow as a safety net believing he has then dealt with it but as in a few cases we have all seen just lately, that can benefit player instead of punishing him correctly. A board then reviews the incident within 72 hours and the appropriate punishment, if any is announced.

Seems a simple and effective measure to me, keeps the game moving as a swift blue is shown which would also play on the player's mind the rest of the match and would also eliminate the amount of diving as blue cards in those incidents could then be much easily dealt with than they are now.

That's an interesting idea. Would a blue card in your example also count as a yellow? So in the case of Rojo last night if the ref had shown him a blue card and then later in the game had shown him a yellow for another foul would that still equal a red card?

EDIT - Do you think it might lead to more refs "bottling" the big decisions? If they know they can give a blue card rather than a straight red they might be more inclined to do that and let the review panel decide.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

He should be he will end up costing you points,however now that's a real slap in the face.

Imo Mig is better but neither inspires confidence and next season I expect both not to be a No1

Imo Klopp has just knocked his confidence but I'm only guessing,who knows what has been said.

The good news is for the teams around you and ones just behind as Klopp doesn't know his best team and cracks are starting to show

I disagree Mingolet is better, Karius' kicking alone is 10x better than Mingolet and he's come for more crosses than Mingolet ever has done.

Klopp Definitely knows his best 11, he can't play it though due to injuries and the lack of quality in depth is showing.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well mate, to add grist to your mill, you only have to look at our bench tonight to see how much a lack of investment by the owners may cost us. Yep, we have a good few injuries at the mo, but you should have 22-25 minimum experienced players to start with. We've got a few injuries and 4 of our subs are teenagers.

I agree, some of the yanks apologists wouldn't though, they've backed every manager apparently....

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe a another colour card should be introduced, let's say a blue one for 'going on report', very much like in RL when it's obvious to all concerned something has happened but the ref can't be 100% sure, this then stops him dishing out a yellow as a safety net believing he has then dealt with it but as in a few cases we have all seen just lately, that can benefit player instead of punishing him correctly. A board then reviews the incident within 72 hours and the appropriate punishment, if any is announced.

Seems a simple and effective measure to me, keeps the game moving as a swift blue is shown which would also play on the player's mind the rest of the match and would also eliminate the amount of diving as blue cards in those incidents could then be much easily dealt with than they are now.

Not against this idea but some people are saying that the refs in RL no longer make decisions they just refer everything. I can easily see this happening. The refs will bottle everything and just issue 10 blue cards a game

D

Deleted member 15344

I think it's an idea with merit - having some sort of system where the ref would like to put someone on report to check after to see if it's still a yellow or warrants something stronger

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That's an interesting idea. Would a blue card in your example also count as a yellow? So in the case of Rojo last night if the ref had shown him a blue card and then later in the game had shown him a yellow for another foul would that still equal a red card?

EDIT - Do you think it might lead to more refs "bottling" the big decisions? If they know they can give a blue card rather than a straight red they might be more inclined to do that and let the review panel decide.

I think the blue card should be a minimum yellow as the ref or linesman has seen an offence that would at the very least warrant it but it would carry the ability for it to be reviewed and upgraded to a red.

A yellow still stands with no review required and a blue for an offence that warranted a yellow but the official couldn't determine the intent or anything else that went on unseen. This I believe would then not let the refs bottle it throwing blues about as they still have to commit to a yellow in the normal way.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the blue card should be a minimum yellow as the ref or linesman has seen an offence that would at the very least warrant it but it would carry the ability for it to be reviewed and upgraded to a red.

A yellow still stands with no review required and a blue for an offence that warranted a yellow but the official couldn't determine the intent or anything else that went on unseen. This I believe would then not let the refs bottle it throwing blues about as they still have to commit to a yellow in the normal way.

Would you not still end up with a debate over a yellow that should have been a "blue" though but nothing can be done?

I agree with fundy, would be far easier just to allow review of yellow card decisions where TV shows something more than seen by the officials at the time.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
or they could stop being so precious and supporting refs making incorrect decisions and allow them to be reviewed whether they've given a yellow card or not

This x several.

Why would a decent ref have a problem in finding out that a tackle was much worse than it appeared in realtime? It is downright ridiculous that someone who jumps in with two feet escapes a ban as a result of a ref it getting slightly wrong in the heat of the moment.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the idea of a blue card, but would say that during the post match review, any card decision can be reviewed by the refs.  

Rojo should have been sent off twice now, Pogba should have gone for a 2nd yellow for diving. Neither would have bothered me in the slightest as Blind is a better CB and Mata is a better footballer than Pogba.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nigel Owens (the rugby ref) made a good point when asked on 5live the other day whether a TMO could be brought into footy, and he replied that rugby had suitable hold up points to accommodate it whereas footy was faster paced and didn't lend itself to that type of hold up so he thought it wouldn't work.
However what they could do is have some sort of TMO who just watches the whole game without contact with the ref and inserts flag points on any action the ref misses to be assessed straight after the game to see if they need further action. At least then less could be got away with or missed, accepting the current process Sint that effective.

D

Deleted member 16999

or they could stop being so precious and supporting refs making incorrect decisions and allow them to be reviewed whether they've given a yellow card or not
^This^ They review the whole game anyway, why not be honest, remove yellow cards when refs have over reacted and increase to red when they've got that wrong.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
IT seems at the moment if we can get a decision from a ref it's a shocking one!

The old " if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" comes to mind.

As long as it continues on Saturday…………. :whistle:

(If it goes the other way on Saturday I'll never hear the last of it from the Old Timer :mmm:)

To be fair Chris, he did chalk off a good goal in your favour and completely ignored Ledley's volleyball moment.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Bradley Lowery is a 5yr Old local lad up here who has Leukemia. You may or may not of seen the fundraisings efforts of the Sunderland Fans to raise money to get him to America for treatment, unfortunately last week his family were told the heartbreaking news that the cancer had returned and he may only have a few months left.
So tonight Sunderland made him the mascot against Chelsea and before the game he went on to the pitch with the players.
Diego Costa was superb with him, he took him into the 18yd box, had a knock about with him and then got Bradley to take a few penalties against Courtois, he scored them all, twice sending Courtois the wrong way 
Hats off to Chelsea, his little face was beaming when he left the pitch.
We get enough slagging of each others teams, nice to be able to post a positive.

It's nice to be on the positive side of a story for once, especially if it involves everybody's favourite pantomime villain, thanks for posting mate, although I thought it was Begovic in goal for the penalty unless the cheeky little tyke did both of them :eek:

D

Deleted member 16999

It's nice to be on the positive side of a story for once, especially if it involves everybody's favourite pantomime villain, thanks for posting mate, although I thought it was Begovic in goal for the penalty unless the cheeky little tyke did both of them :eek:

Your keepers all look the same😃
Campaign started on social media for one of his goal's to be included in MOTD's Goal of The Month for December and some of your players are pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.