And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ozil may well as not be in the box defending for that winning goal. Made no attempt to attack the ball. Has to shoulder so blame for that.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah too young for Euro aways 70's but one of dads mates who was like an unofficial grandad went and came back with lumps and bumps all over his semi bald head. Utter mayhem by all accounts but then that was norm for most of our away games in those days!

Good to see someone knows his history.:thup: BTW, you were banned after it.:eek:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I see whinging Wenger can only go on about and openly criticise Clattenburg afterwards, it will be interesting to see if he gets fined or banned, but don't hold your breathe though, the FA only pick on certain managers and clubs 😡

Big matches now tonight and there are some awkward away fixtures, so I can see City leapfrogging Liverpool and Spurs closing the gap on them, Arsenal have started their preparations early sliding towards their favourite finishing position, but I think they could slide a bit more as others strengthen in January when we all know Wenger won't 😜

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see whinging Wenger can only go on about and openly criticise Clattenburg afterwards, it will be interesting to see if he gets fined or banned, but don't hold your breathe though, the FA only pick on certain managers and clubs 😡

Big matches now tonight and there are some awkward away fixtures, so I can see City leapfrogging Liverpool and Spurs closing the gap on them, Arsenal have started their preparations early sliding towards their favourite finishing position, but I think they could slide a bit more as others strengthen in January when we all know Wenger won't 😜

To be fair I did see an interview where he gives Everton some credit although he said they treated it like a cup game.

Some good games coming up now and up to the new year we could see some big changes.

D

Deleted member 1740

Karius dropped tonight, very surprised at that decision.

Hopefully Klopp has done it to try to protect him, Mignolet will be under massive scrutiny. I hope his kicking has improved...

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hopefully Klopp has done it to try to protect him, Mignolet will be under massive scrutiny. I hope his kicking has improved...

He should be he will end up costing you points,however now that's a real slap in the face.

Imo Mig is better but neither inspires confidence and next season I expect both not to be a No1

Imo Klopp has just knocked his confidence but I'm only guessing,who knows what has been said.

The good news is for the teams around you and ones just behind as Klopp doesn't know his best team and cracks are starting to show

D

Deleted member 15344

He should be he will end up costing you points,however now that's a real slap in the face.

Imo Mig is better but neither inspires confidence and next season I expect both not to be a No1

Imo Klopp has just knocked his confidence but I'm only guessing,who knows what has been said.

The good news is for the teams around you and ones just behind as Klopp doesn't know his best team and cracks are starting to show

Doesn't know his best team ? How do you come to that conclusion ?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Well mate, to add grist to your mill, you only have to look at our bench tonight to see how much a lack of investment by the owners may cost us. Yep, we have a good few injuries at the mo, but you should have 22-25 minimum experienced players to start with. We've got a few injuries and 4 of our subs are teenagers.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Personally I would have thought it would have been better to persevere with Karius. Now the whole world will be watching Mignolet and murphys law he will do something silly tonight, is bound to happen.

It should be wins on paper for Chelsea, City, Liverpool , Utd and Spurs tonight, but as we all know football isn't played on paper ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't think Mignolet offers anything different to Karius and its going to knock his confidence once he gets back in. It's definitely an area that Liverpool needed to have really addressed in the summer but haven't resolved it and I think the keeper and back four is the place where Liverpool will struggle especially if they get injuries and suspensions

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think Mignolet offers anything different to Karius and its going to knock his confidence once he gets back in. It's definitely an area that Liverpool needed to have really addressed in the summer but haven't resolved it and I think the keeper and back four is the place where Liverpool will struggle especially if they get injuries and suspensions

It's too early to write Karius off, every player needs time and a chance to settle. The jury is definitely out but he could still turn out to be a great signing for them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's too early to write Karius off, every player needs time and a chance to settle. The jury is definitely out but he could still turn out to be a great signing for them.

Not writing him off but he's had a rocky start and dropping him so quickly won't help the confidence going forward. As I said I don't see what Mignolet adds and wonder if he could have been given more time

Status
Not open for further replies.