And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The simple answer would seem (in my simple mind) to be to stop this "protection" of the yellow card where it can't be changed to a red as it's deemed to have been dealt with at the time.

Totally agree, but I think UEFA or FIFA insist upon it being "dealt with", so not sure if the FA can go their own way.

I think its a bit like golf. The rules of the game are inviolate, but you can introduce some local rules, which you feel are more relevant to your own course(league).

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I see Man Utd are charging us £45 for tickets for the FA Cup tie. It seems the maximum £30 for away fans doesn't cover the Cup.:( Reading are going to subsidise supporters so we will only pay £30. Well done to the Club, but boooooooooo to Utd.

Arsenal only charged us £10 for the EFL Cup, so not all Premier League clubs are money grabbers.:thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I see Man Utd are charging us £45 for tickets for the FA Cup tie. It seems the maximum £30 for away fans doesn't cover the Cup.:( Reading are going to subsidise supporters so we will only pay £30. Well done to the Club, but boooooooooo to Utd.

Arsenal only charged us £10 for the EFL Cup, so not all Premier League clubs are money grabbers.:thup:

Aren't FA cup rules that the gate reciepts are shared? So technically charging fans more will help your club out?

if you were to get through and face Arsenal in the 4th I don't think you'd be so pleasantly suprised with ticket prices. EFL cup is Mickey Mouse to most fans and always cheaper.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the blue card should be a minimum yellow as the ref or linesman has seen an offence that would at the very least warrant it but it would carry the ability for it to be reviewed and upgraded to a red.

A yellow still stands with no review required and a blue for an offence that warranted a yellow but the official couldn't determine the intent or anything else that went on unseen. This I believe would then not let the refs bottle it throwing blues about as they still have to commit to a yellow in the normal way.

Why not orange? I can't stand blue.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aren't FA cup rules that the gate reciepts are shared? So technically charging fans more will help your club out?

EFL cup is Mickey Mouse to most fans and always cheaper.

Not to us United have been charging full price for all EFL cup matches and are doing the same for the semi. Its the Europa league which we get a 25% reduction for.

I do think that they charge away fans £5 to much per ticket as we price the tickets at non members prices,

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Not to us United have been charging full price for all EFL cup matches and are doing the same for the semi. Its the Europa league which we get a 25% reduction for.

I do think that they charge away fans £5 to much per ticket as we price the tickets at non members prices,

That's likely a downside to your size. Most other teams struggle to get 10k inside their ground for efl. You seem to have higher figures, so i guess supply and demand dictates they can charge a little more.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's likely a downside to your size. Most other teams struggle to get 10k inside their ground for efl. You seem to have higher figures, so i guess supply and demand dictates they can charge a little more.

and an automatic cup scheme which means if you opt out of any match EFL or EL you cant apply for away matches, semi finals or finals.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see the ref has spoilt the Stoke vs Leicester game by sending Vardy off and now 2-0 down booking galore for the Foxes.

Never a red, football is getting as soft as melting snow

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I see the ref has spoilt the Stoke vs Leicester game by sending Vardy off and now 2-0 down booking galore for the Foxes.

Never a red, football is getting as soft as melting snow

I've not seen it but if it is as I've heard described, it would seem that Vardy may have suffered for the incompetence of the officials that missed the Marcus Rojo red cards.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've not seen it but if it is as I've heard described, it would seem that Vardy may have suffered for the incompetence of the officials that missed the Marcus Rojo red cards.

You could be right but refs need to use some common sense,if the ref had any sense he would have looked at it being Vardy and realised hes not that type of player,however never a red as long as I'm breathing.

Leicester are in a massive dog fight and it would be a travesty if the went down,last year they gave everyone so much pleasure and belief that the underdog could be successful.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You could be right but refs need to use some common sense,if the ref had any sense he would have looked at it being Vardy and realised hes not that type of player,however never a red as long as I'm breathing.

Leicester are in a massive dog fight and it would be a travesty if the went down,last year they gave everyone so much pleasure and belief that the underdog could be successful.

I've not seen it but had the sports centre on at the time and Geoff stated he went in 2 footed, he may not have caught the other player but the rule as I understand it, is, if you leave the ground you no longer have control so it's reckless and a straight red! If we start interpreting rules, which in golf we can't, even more inconsistencies will happen, so, I've not seen it but if he left the ground he knows the rules and the red was correct 🤔

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Anyway, lets talk about another 3 points for the mighty blues 👍👏😜😎

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've not seen it but had the sports centre on at the time and Geoff stated he went in 2 footed, he may not have caught the other player but the rule as I understand it, is, if you leave the ground you no longer have control so it's reckless and a straight red! If we start interpreting rules, which in golf we can't, even more inconsistencies will happen, so, I've not seen it but if he left the ground he knows the rules and the red was correct 🤔

No mate you will have to see it first.
He was off the ground because he was pushed,watch it and you might change your mind

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I've not seen it but had the sports centre on at the time and Geoff stated he went in 2 footed, he may not have caught the other player but the rule as I understand it, is, if you leave the ground you no longer have control so it's reckless and a straight red! If we start interpreting rules, which in golf we can't, even more inconsistencies will happen, so, I've not seen it but if he left the ground he knows the rules and the red was correct 樂

No mate you will have to see it first.
He was off the ground because he was pushed,watch it and you might change your mind

Jeff also said that Ranieri had to be restrained from going for the referee at half time which tends to suggest to me that the referee got it wrong; Claudio is one of the better ones for accepting decisions against him if they are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.