And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree. I just hope sawtooth doesn't read this :D

He will just say they played well, solid performance, bit unlucky and nothing to worry about. The club earned a few bob and at least with 2 away games our pitch was protected and didn't have to use any leccy so all good in the world of Arsene

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Situation normal then

Can see how deflated Sanchez looked on his haunches , he knows he won't win the top titles with Arsenal

Why didn't Ozil play today ? - injured or suspended ?

Pretty big win for City

Froggy eyes was playing or was that a little bit of sarcasm as he went missing yet again

D

Deleted member 1740

Situation normal then

Can see how deflated Sanchez looked on his haunches , he knows he won't win the top titles with Arsenal

Pretty big win for City

:rofl:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Situation normal then

Pretty big win for City

Unfortunately for Arsenal Sanchez took a knock and really should have come off early in the 2nd half.

Ozil didn't play today his useless twin brother did.

Good win for City and the top 4 still pulling clear:rofl:

Utd well in the top 4 by the new year and Liverpool dropping out[ok pretty predictable response but certainly a big possibility.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Top six looking pretty established and chelsea looking in good form. Think they'll be comfotable top four as will city.

But the other 4 could easily finish 3-6 with all of them looking likely to have good and bad runs.

Glad to win the mini derby today. Hopefully Jay can stay healthy as he is our best bet for goals this season. Need a new striker sharpish!

D

Deleted member 1740

He will just say they played well, solid performance, bit unlucky and nothing to worry about. The club earned a few bob and at least with 2 away games our pitch was protected and didn't have to use any leccy so all good in the world of Arsene

:rofl: :rofl:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wenger must have passed out the self destruct buttons at half time as everyone was furiously tapping away on them in that second half.

**** scared to move up the pitch and two silly goals conceeded.

TisSbollocks

D

Deleted member 15344

Froggy eyes was playing or was that a little bit of sarcasm as he went missing yet again

The best players in the world even when struggling at the very least put the effort into it - Ozil just wandered around that pitch today not caring not working hard , same with a number of players on that pitch - almost feel sorry for Sanchez who shows the desire and heart needed. A lot in that team could learn from him

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very poor week for Arsenal. Top four becoming settled but on current form hard to see beyond Chelsea.

Hate to disagree with you buddy but I think the top 4 is far from being settled, with Arsenal losing the last 2 and Tottenham winning, that only puts Spurs 1pt behind in 5th

Me also but these are the type of stupid posts we have to put up with.

Yes Homer a dig but your giving me the ammo

Can anyone honestly[that knows football]look at the table tonight and tell me its a 4 team race for the top 4.

Unbelievable Jeff

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hate to disagree with you buddy but I think the top 4 is far from being settled, with Arsenal losing the last 2 and Tottenham winning, that only puts Spurs 1pt behind in 5th

Fair point although their consistency and a big game on 4th January against Chelsea are a worry. If they can string some results together then of course they break into the top four

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I agree, and the only thing that could keep manure out of breaking into any european places could be their goal difference, it's massively lacking compared to everyone else above them and could be become a key factor.

Huge game now for Liverpool tomorrow night, Everton will want to climb 2 places and try to keep in touch with everyone above and L'pool obviously want to get back to 2nd place and put some room between Spurs & United, an Everton win or a draw will do for me..

The January window is going to be key I think otherwise some which are already a bit thin on the ground already are going to suffer more and that pack underneath us will keep shuffling about..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Me also but these are the type of stupid posts we have to put up with.

Yes Homer a dig but your giving me the ammo

Can anyone honestly[that knows football]look at the table tonight and tell me its a 4 team race for the top 4.

Unbelievable Jeff
Not just him Tony, someone else made a statement about a little gap starting to form between the top 3 and it maybe a sign of the season ahead back in November :rofl: :rofl:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It was an odd game to go to, took bro in law as he is an arsenal fan. After five mins it was a case of oh dear here we go again. Then put in a performance similar to the Barcelona game and parts of Chelsea game. It really did look a nervy first twenty mins. Once more City not able to hit the target with chances. Don't know what Pep said at half time, but al bet the swear box is a bit fuller. The pass from De Bryune to sterling was worth the admission fee alone. Asked bro in law what's your thoughts on the Arsenal. The swear box is now full.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Saw this posted elsewhere about Arsenal;

Don't tell me Chelsea's improvement is about money - it's all about management. Just like Arsenal, Chelsea have one world class player (Sanchez/Hazard) and one just slightly below that (Ozil/Costa). Beyond that there is no difference in quality. Arguably Arsenal have the deeper squad. Yet look at how little time it has taken Conte to make an impact at Chelsea. He hasn't done that by throwing money at the squad - he has done it by coaching them, motivating them and introducing a system that works.

The player they did sign in the summer, Kante, is the type of player we have been crying out for since the invincibles. Whatever qualities Xhaka may have, he is not a top-drawer defensive midfielder. Nor is Coquelin. As per usual, wenger showed no instinct for competing for a player we really needed.

Will the last Wenger supporter saying "Be careful what you wish for" please leave the building. The man is a busted flush & has been for years.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.