And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

can someone please explain how Arsenal are bottling it yet other sides just arent good enough? What is the difference please (apart from its fashionable to call it bottling it)

Possibly some think that Arsenal are good enough to win it but seem to fall short ?

I believe when it comes down to the crunch they always seem to lacking - is that down to bottle , ability or mental strength ? More than likely a combination of all three

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would not say Arsenal bottle the title, they just aren't good enough. They get more stick than other teams about this because they just don't seem to make progress. They maintain a consistently high level every year but they never look like going that next step up. They have the chance, they certainly have the money but every time they seem frightened to commit to a genuine challenge. A psychologist would suggest they are afraid to win as that might bring failure in coming second. They see 4th as an achievement and they can meet that. It's safe.

Chelsea, City, Utd, even Liverpool are all prepared to buy a big player or two to try and win the title. Wenger keeps talking about value for money. Not everyone can win but can people say Arsenal have pushed themselves to win? Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Utd all can and even though they are having mixed success they are at least trying and not aiming to stand still.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was answering your comment I wasn't hiding behind anything , if I wanted to hide behind something it would be the three bad decisions that have ended with three goals against in the last two games.

What 3 bad decisions. A corner that the pundits needed extra slow slow motion to see who it came off last. Hardly a bad decision in real speed. An off side decision that was measured at 1.3 inches. Hardly a bad decision in real time and I take it the 3 was sterlings goal. No interference as the rules state and no Arsenal players holding hands with their arms up in the air(as is the norm) at the time complaining of offside. So again no bad decision

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Possibly some think that Arsenal are good enough to win it but seem to fall short ?

I believe when it comes down to the crunch they always seem to lacking - is that down to bottle , ability or mental strength ? More than likely a combination of all three

Wouldn't say ability Phil. I think this Arsenal squad has ability in spades. More mental aptitude for me or a lack of toughness in the management. I constantly hear ex players saying that Wenger is not the sought to issue the hairdryer treatment. Perhaps that's what his little cherubs need

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldn't say ability Phil. I think this Arsenal squad has ability in spades. More mental aptitude for me or a lack of toughness in the management. I constantly hear ex players saying that Wenger is not the sought to issue the hairdryer treatment. Perhaps that's what his little cherubs need

I think they have ability in certain areas but lack in some crucial areas - a strong DM for example - they have Coqulein , spent money on Eleney and Xhaka and all don't seem to be up the job. For the same money as Xhaka they could have had Kante and taken a massive step towards a realistic title shout. Plus they are a top striker short imo

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
What 3 bad decisions. A corner that the pundits needed extra slow slow motion to see who it came off last. Hardly a bad decision in real speed. An off side decision that was measured at 1.3 inches. Hardly a bad decision in real time and I take it the 3 was sterlings goal. No interference as the rules state and no Arsenal players holding hands with their arms up in the air(as is the norm) at the time complaining of offside. So again no bad decision

You have just admitted they were wrong so wrong, wrong is wrong isn't it, in the first half similar to the Sane where he was offside Monreal was through and squared to Iwobi it was called offside, Arsenal do not get the benefit of the doubt other teams get

D

Deleted member 1740

I hope sawtooth is alright.:whistle:

Anyway enough of this Arsenal rubbish, its all about the Klopp express tonight:whoo:

D

Deleted member 18588

You have just admitted they were wrong so wrong, wrong is wrong isn't it, in the first half similar to the Sane where he was offside Monreal was through and squared to Iwobi it was called offside, Arsenal do not get the benefit of the doubt other teams get

Yeah! It's all a conspiracy against Arsenal.

Get real!

The only conspiracy was on the part of the players who "downed tools" at half-time and I don't think for one minute that Arsene instructed them to do that. I agree with Harry Redknapp, after that performance some of them need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

And BTW under the current offside rule Sterling's goal was not offside.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Anyway enough of this Arsenal rubbish, its all about the Klopp express tonight:whoo:

ha ha I'm alright Stuart I just have a self imposed 24hr ban on the forum after Arsenal lose. It gives me a chance to reflect and come to terms with the result.

Less chance of saying things that I might regret this way. :thup:

Glad to see that sensible football people haven't written off Arsenals chances on the back of 2 difficult away games.:confused:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ha ha I'm alright Stuart I just have a self imposed 24hr ban on the forum after Arsenal lose. It gives me a chance to reflect and come to terms with the result.

Less chance of saying things that I might regret this way. :thup:

Glad to see that sensible football people haven't written off Arsenals chances on the back of 2 difficult away games.:confused:

Nope, sensible people have written them off based on the last 5 years+, the fact that key deficiencies havent been addressed and the fact that they are a distance away from being the best team in the league rather than knee jerk reactions to 1 or 2 games

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope, sensible people have written them off based on the last 5 years+, the fact that key deficiencies havent been addressed and the fact that they are a distance away from being the best team in the league rather than knee jerk reactions to 1 or 2 games

That's Liverpool out of the title race as well then based on the last 10 years at least

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

The nuts and bolts are being loosened as we speak.

If Liverpool win tonight and it would surprise me I might say the nuts and bolts are being tightened again and maybe a top 6 is possible:ears:

D

Deleted member 1740

The nuts and bolts are being loosened as we speak.

If Liverpool win tonight and it would surprise me I might say the nuts and bolts are being tightened again and maybe a top 6 is possible:ears:

No loose nuts tonight La, the red machine is well oiled and raring to go.

I just hope the ref doesn't spoil it.

I'm off the match with my Lad now, toodle pip :ears:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I see the FA is going to help former star players get onto a coaching coach to stop them going out of football. I am all for that, but Keith Curle is one. He's the one who when he was manager of Mansfield Town had 16 yr old trainees running around forest town welfare football pitch naked coz it was character building. Not to sure that's the kinds guy we need to be supporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.