And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Keomans interview :rofl: forget ross` ankle breaker, it was the reaction of lovren that was the real crime in a game we clearly were unlucky to lose.

And we're the disillusioned ones :confused:
That's not what he said he agreed it could of easily been a red, but if Coleman gets booked then so should Lovren,

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was paraphrasing, but imo that was exactly his sentiment

Anyway, bad game to watch. Was disappointed with lallana, I thought he could of ran the show tonight. Gini didnt have a great game either. Another day firmino could of had 2 or 3, Mane is a cracker, an happy for sturrigde to be back contributing

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to the game it was very poor
Everton long ball did not work no plan B.
liverpool no final ball very poor crosses , gave ball away to much.
only Mike Dean and the linesman who never saw Barkleys tackle as red. shocker?..
pit amazes me you can get booked for hitting someone with your hankie but only get a yellow for that.
he also kicked the ball away ref bottled it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Lovren was involved with original incident I was there the linesman told the ref that Coleman ran 50 yds to get involved that's why he booked him.

Both raised the hands and Lovren was the first one to reach Barkley and started all the other players joining in, not defending Coleman at all, but Lovren instigated it and imo should've got a yellow as well.

D

Deleted member 1740

Last minute winners at Woodison are boss.

Merry Christmas Everton :whoo::whoo:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Both raised the hands and Lovren was the first one to reach Barkley and started all the other players joining in, not defending Coleman at all, but Lovren instigated it and imo should've got a yellow as well.

I think he did what he did for Barkley's kicking the ball away, he wanted to keep 11 on the pitch by not giving another yellow for a daft thing.

Fair point that if he books Coleman for getting involved, he should also book Lovren, but only the Barkley challenge should have seen someone DEFINITELY sent off.

Probably our worst performance of the season, but glad for a late winner in a derby and a clean sheet.

D

Deleted member 1740

If Coleman didn't stick his oar in running 30+ yards then it wouldn't have got to where it did. Ive just seen the Barkley tackle and he is a very lucky boy. In real time it looked bad but the replay was worse.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think he did what he did for Barkley's kicking the ball away, he wanted to keep 11 on the pitch by not giving another yellow for a daft thing.

Fair point that if he books Coleman for getting involved, he should also book Lovren, but only the Barkley challenge should have seen someone DEFINITELY sent off.

Probably our worst performance of the season, but glad for a late winner in a derby and a clean sheet.
The only person defending Barkley was Henderson and credit to him because it was a shocker and Barkley should of seen red, how the linesman can watch Coleman and not see how bad that tackle was is ridiculous.
Got more and more worried as the 2nd half went on, you's were much the better team.

D

Deleted member 16999

If Coleman didn't stick his oar in running 30+ yards then it wouldn't have got to where it did. Ive just seen the Barkley tackle and he is a very lucky boy. In real time it looked bad but the replay was worse.
Lovren started the players sticking their oar in.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
refs are very inconsistent some book you some don't it needs sorting out .
they need to be more consistent but players don't help bunch of tarts.
all this rolling on the ground when they have been hit by a passing fly.
they need to change the rule that says "if you get booked that's it you can't be sanctioned anymore ,,why not?"
use the technology to stop the cheats this will make refs job a bit easier.

D

Deleted member 1740

Cheers Stu, I hope you next sh1t is a hedgehog :rofl:

Cheers Pablo :ears:

The park end where in fine voice tonight. Heysel,always the victim etc got a very good airing from a good 3rd of the stand. Classy.

D

Deleted member 16999

Cheers Pablo :ears:

The park end where in fine voice tonight. Heysel,always the victim etc got a very good airing from a good 3rd of the stand. Classy.
Unfortunately mate you'll never get rid of the ignorant scum fans, it disgusts me, apologies on behalf of the decent fans.

D

Deleted member 16999

Lovren was right to have a go, it was a bad tackle. Lovren's 1st booking was harsh too.
No he's not, that's like saying it's ok for all players to get involved to protect their own, let the Ref deal with it.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lovren was right to have a go, it was a bad tackle. Lovren's 1st booking was harsh too.

Nar, Lovren's first booking was a deffo.

Knew what he was doing, we should do more of that, do the deliberate foul on the half way line, instead of on the edge of our own box. Chelsea behaviour. :D

D

Deleted member 16999

Nar, Lovren's first booking was a deffo.

Knew what he was doing, we should do more of that, do the deliberate foul on the half way line, instead of on the edge of our own box. Chelsea behaviour. :D
I thought Firmino was a bit petulant at times tonight, hadn't noticed it before, was it frustration or does he have that side to him?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I thought Firmino was a bit petulant at times tonight, hadn't noticed it before, was it frustration or does he have that side to him?

I dont think so, generally, although he has been poor the last 3 games, so possibly that.

He was playing centrally up to a few games ago, and was great, but has been shifted onto the wing to play Origi centrally.

He always puts a shift in, and lets face it, you dont need shrinking violets in a derby game, do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.