And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought Firmino was a bit petulant at times tonight, hadn't noticed it before, was it frustration or does he have that side to him?
Firmmino worst player on the pitch first half.
not much better second half just one of those days
every thing he tried didn't come off.
suprissed he lasted whole game what was Klop watching

D

Deleted member 1740

I dont think so, generally, although he has been poor the last 3 games, so possibly that.

He was playing centrally up to a few games ago, and was great, but has been shifted onto the wing to play Origi centrally.

He always puts a shift in, and lets face it, you dont need shrinking violets in a derby game, do you.

Firmino looks like he's carrying a knock to my medical eye.

D

Deleted member 1740

Firmmino worst player on the pitch first half.
not much better second half just one of those days
every thing he tried didn't come off.
suprissed he lasted whole game what was Klop watching

Nah Origi had Dirk Kuyt's boots on tonight, his touch was shocking, couldn't control nothing and his chance in the 1st half summed him up. I'd have been happy to see him hooked at half time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

I dont think so, generally, although he has been poor the last 3 games, so possibly that.

He was playing centrally up to a few games ago, and was great, but has been shifted onto the wing to play Origi centrally.

He always puts a shift in, and lets face it, you dont need shrinking violets in a derby game, do you.
That's why I was asking if it was frustrstion, was never going to be a free flowing football game, maybe just doesn't his style, with no Coutinho, he was the one I was more worried about, but Origi was the player I thought created the most trouble, initially pleased when him and Llalana were took off.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's why I was asking if it was frustrstion, was never going to be a free flowing football game, maybe just doesn't his style, with no Coutinho, he was the one I was more worried about, but Origi was the player I thought created the most trouble, initially pleased when him and Llalana were took off.

Right Paul, you've done your 15 posts after getting beat in a derby, so you can go to bed now.

Trying too hard......:whoo:

D

Deleted member 15344

Nah Origi had Dirk Kuyt's boots on tonight, his touch was shocking, couldn't control nothing and his chance in the 1st half summed him up. I'd have been happy to see him hooked at half time.

Both Origi and Lallana had one of those games where the ball was like a hot potato , just wasn't working for them

Mane was very good again as was Henderson , Gini was quietly effective just needs to find shooting boots , Sturridge and Can coming back was good

Thought Lovern and Klavan coped very well with the balls thrown up to them and pretty much kept to them to one chance all night

It was a scrappy game but a good win

As for the incident with Lovren and Coleman - Lovren was there and got involved , Coleman ran 50 yards to get involved and piled into Lovren - maybe that's why he got the card but certainly not a card for their little pushing each other.

D

Deleted member 1740

No mention of Kloppy-Time yet then....?😁😁

It was about right to be fair, if anything the blue ref played an extra 2minutes. Everton's keeper used 4mins combined them the subs.

D

Deleted member 1740

Both Origi and Lallana had one of those games where the ball was like a hot potato , just wasn't working for them

Mane was very good again as was Henderson , Gini was quietly effective just needs to find shooting boots , Sturridge and Can coming back was good

Thought Lovern and Klavan coped very well with the balls thrown up to them and pretty much kept to them to one chance all night

It was a scrappy game but a good win

As for the incident with Lovren and Coleman - Lovren was there and got involved , Coleman ran 50 yards to get involved and piled into Lovren - maybe that's why he got the card but certainly not a card for their little pushing each other.

I've just watched it again and the only reason Coleman gets booked is because he came running in from 30 yards to get involved, the lino grassed him up. Barkley Barry lukaku, winaldjum Lovren were all pushing and shoving.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Toughest job of the night must have been the TV editor searching for the 'highlights'.
Pretty dour stuff.

Agreed, by there's no better way to beat that shower at goodison than a last minute winner :whoo:

MOTD'S first bit of coverage was in the 22nd minute.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Agreed, by there's no better way to beat that shower at goodison than a last minute winner :whoo:

and if that's all you can muster in a derby than those all around you have nothing to worry about, yes you carved out a 3 pointer and got your win, but in the grand scheme of things watching that dross poses no threat to the title unless everyone around you implodes :smirk:

D

Deleted member 1740

and if that's all you can muster in a derby than those all around you have nothing to worry about, yes you carved out a 3 pointer and got your win, but in the grand scheme of things watching that dross poses no threat to the title unless everyone around you implodes :smirk:

It's a very good job it's not the best we can muster then, and well you know it fishy:thup:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

A good 3pts, and not much else worth watching, or even talking about. A bit of handbags, which didn't amount to much more than venting testosterone. Winning ugly sometimes is the only thing you can do in a derby. I certainly wouldn't take any negatives from it for either side - derbies are like that...

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to give Koeman time. They've been playing awfully recently, but thanks to our strong start we're still in the Top 10, we're doing better than we did last year. Investment has to be made in this team though, we just don't look good enough right now.

Starting Enner Valencia was a strange one, he was absolutely awful again last night, I don't understand why we've brought him in. He was terrible at West Ham and he's been terrible for us. The midfield is lacking a spark too. Barkley has been dire this season, and was poor again last night. Need to bring someone in that can link up with Lukaku and provide some creativity. Can obviously tell Lukaku knows he's a 1 man band ATM, was trying to do it all himself last night as he just couldn't rely on his team-mates. Something needs to change and change quickly, but I'm sure Koeman knows that and will be lining up some big signings in January. Depay would be a great start and then we need another top CB, and a creative midfielder. Hopefully it won't be another frustrating Everton transfer window!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The talk is Depay and Schneiderlein are pretty well sewn up. They would be good signings. We need a striker to help out Lukaku.

If Spurs are really offering £25m for Barkley I would take it. Maybe he needs to move to progress. He is standing still, maybe even going backwards at the moment. I really like him but it is not happening for him. Maybe the deal could include Ericssen coming our way?

Agreed on Valencia. I'd like to see Delofeu get more game time as well. He can provide the crosses for Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.