And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Saw this posted elsewhere about Arsenal;

Don't tell me Chelsea's improvement is about money - it's all about management. Just like Arsenal, Chelsea have one world class player (Sanchez/Hazard) and one just slightly below that (Ozil/Costa). Beyond that there is no difference in quality. Arguably Arsenal have the deeper squad. Yet look at how little time it has taken Conte to make an impact at Chelsea. He hasn't done that by throwing money at the squad - he has done it by coaching them, motivating them and introducing a system that works.

The player they did sign in the summer, Kante, is the type of player we have been crying out for since the invincibles. Whatever qualities Xhaka may have, he is not a top-drawer defensive midfielder. Nor is Coquelin. As per usual, wenger showed no instinct for competing for a player we really needed.

Will the last Wenger supporter saying "Be careful what you wish for" please leave the building. The man is a busted flush & has been for years.

Discuss.

Right now the biggest difference between the two is one player for me - Costa , at the moment is the most in form player and the system that Conte is giving him the chances to score the goals that have you up the table. He is prob the most in form striker in Europe.

Kante has been superb also and it's spot on that he is exactly the player Arsenal have needed and he is prob as important to the team as Costa is - he protects that back three which prob the weak link in the team

But Conte has shown that he can change things when they don't work - Wenger doesn't - it's the same old same old

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw this posted elsewhere about Arsenal;

Don't tell me Chelsea's improvement is about money - it's all about management. Just like Arsenal, Chelsea have one world class player (Sanchez/Hazard) and one just slightly below that (Ozil/Costa). Beyond that there is no difference in quality. Arguably Arsenal have the deeper squad. Yet look at how little time it has taken Conte to make an impact at Chelsea. He hasn't done that by throwing money at the squad - he has done it by coaching them, motivating them and introducing a system that works.

The player they did sign in the summer, Kante, is the type of player we have been crying out for since the invincibles.

Discuss.
Didn't he buy Alonso and Luiz ?:confused: Along with Kante, that must be approaching £90 million quids worth, so not the most accurate comment.:whistle:

I am sure you spotted that Richard.;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Didn't he buy Alonso and Luiz ?:confused: Along with Kante, that must be approaching £90 million quids worth, so not the most accurate comment.:whistle:

I am sure you spotted that Richard.;)

I think chelseas net spend was 109m this summer, arsenals was 87. So whilst there's a difference. I'd say it lends itself to the original point. Made by an Arsenal fan it would appear.

Im sure they'll Finnish top 4 again and that'll appease many of their fans. But, nit all of them are happy with that anymore.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I think chelseas net spend was 109m this summer, arsenals was 87. So whilst there's a difference. I'd say it lends itself to the original point. Made by an Arsenal fan it would appear.

Im sure they'll Finnish top 4 again and that'll appease many of their fans. But, nit all of them are happy with that anymore.
:confused:The money has helped the improvement, because they have bought better players. Three of them are regulars, and they didn't make one signing as per article. (The player they did sign.:whistle:)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
:confused:The money has helped the improvement, because they have bought better players. Three of them are regulars, and they didn't make one signing as per article. (The player they did sign.:whistle:)
My point was simply that the extra finance wasn't really the biggest difference maker as in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea spending an extra 10m wasn't significant.

Arsenal also bought players who have had have had less impact than those chosen Conte. Hence agreeing with the point that He has been more important than Wenger.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im pretty critical of Wenger as an Arsenal fan, but for me the Chelsea squad at the start of the summer was a good bit stronger than Arsenals. Ultimately the Chelsea squad was the one that had won the league 12 months before (and then had a huff the following season all over a girl ;) ) compared to a squad that annually finishes 4th and then they purchased the one player every Arsenal fan was screaming would be the best possible signing for us! Bit early to be overly praising Conte for me (albeit I actually think he will be highly successful at Chelsea)

D

Deleted member 1740

Since Conte changed to a 3-4-3 it's fair to say both their performances and results have improved.

Hazard is 10x the player he was last season but the whole squad has improved too. Their midtable finish was 30points way below there own capabilities with that squad.

Arsene blaming tiredness and 2 offside goals was embarrassing though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Right now the biggest difference between the two is one player for me - Costa , at the moment is the most in form player and the system that Conte is giving him the chances to score the goals that have you up the table. He is prob the most in form striker in Europe.

Kante has been superb also and it's spot on that he is exactly the player Arsenal have needed and he is prob as important to the team as Costa is - he protects that back three which prob the weak link in the team

But Conte has shown that he can change things when they don't work - Wenger doesn't - it's the same old same old

change that first sentance to Courtois (he is the man in the prem league)and I would agree with every word you have said. I keep nagging on about it but nobody in England knew about Conte, yet my Italian pals were raving about him.
Also did say was looking forward to this year re managers. Still think there are twists and turns this year but and its a massive but, Chelsea similar to Leicester last year have no champs league. I still laugh when Pep was asked if city could go all year unbeaten and his response was FFS. how things have changed over a few months and will continue to do so.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
My point was simply that the extra finance wasn't really the biggest difference maker as in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea spending an extra 10m wasn't significant.

Arsenal also bought players who have had have had less impact than those chosen Conte. Hence agreeing with the point that He has been more important than Wenger.

Your looking at one season Chelsea have out spent Arsenal every season for the last decade.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
It's not an article, it's an observation made elsewhere on social media by an Arsenal fan.
Do you think the comment is accurate ? Discuss.;)

For me Chelsea are the only Premiership team, that can go a goal up, and you expect them to be able to keep a clean sheet and see the game out. That has been helped by buying two defenders, and a defensive midfield player.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Your looking at one season Chelsea have out spent Arsenal every season for the last decade.

I am comparing the difference from last year to this year.

Your squad did did better than theirs last season and they have improved dramatically with only a small extra outlay.

You can blame finance all you wish. But when you start spending 50m plus every season, which you've started doing, the managed has to carry the can if you don't improve. What's happened to all the youngsters Wenger apparently always brings through?

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I am comparing the difference from last year to this year.

Your squad did did better than theirs last season and they have improved dramatically with only a small extra outlay.

You can blame finance all you wish. But when you start spending 50m plus every season, which you've started doing, the managed has to carry the can if you don't improve. What's happened to all the youngsters Wenger apparently always brings through?

Arsenal have played more academy players than any other premier league team this season what is your point
And you cannot compare one almost equal spend against the compound effect of ten years of massive investment.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Arsenal have played more academy players than any other premier league team this season what is your point
And you cannot compare one almost equal spend against the compound effect of ten years of massive investment.

And how good are those academy players?

If you really are gonna continually hide behind the money then i hope you enjoy your lifelong support of teams playing well and a very small trophy cabinet.,

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
And how good are those academy players?

If you really are gonna continually hide behind the money then i hope you enjoy your lifelong support of teams playing well and a very small trophy cabinet.,

I was answering your comment I wasn't hiding behind anything , if I wanted to hide behind something it would be the three bad decisions that have ended with three goals against in the last two games.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really ? - Iwobi is one ?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arsenal bottling it over the winter period again. Surprise, surprise. 4th place in the bag and another year of Wenger's mediocrity next season guaranteed.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
can someone please explain how Arsenal are bottling it yet other sides just arent good enough? What is the difference please (apart from its fashionable to call it bottling it)

Status
Not open for further replies.