And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He's a superb footballer who can handle himself and never said anywhere there should be no contact, both his Red Cards are Violent Conduct, playing with words and trying to downgrade his behaviour is wrong, both offences could of ended in serious injury, there is no defending either of his actions imo.
I am not particularly trying to defend his actions I have said they were both red card offences and as a professional footballer he should know better. But although the term used for the offences is violent conduct there are degrees of violence.

The Winston Reid offence would only have resulted in serious injury in the most bizarrely improbable circumstance and it was whilst being illegally grappled with. Should he have known better? yes. Was it an action that would be regarded as being particularly violent be most people playing contact sport? I think not.
Yesterdays tackle whilst being definitely illegal was not particularly dangerous, it was at an angle and a height not straight on.

D

Deleted member 16999

I am not particularly trying to defend his actions I have said they were both red card offences and as a professional footballer he should know better. But although the term used for the offences is violent conduct there are degrees of violence.

The Winston Reid offence would only have resulted in serious injury in the most bizarrely improbable circumstance and it was whilst being illegally grappled with. Should he have known better? yes. Was it an action that would be regarded as being particularly violent be most people playing contact sport? I think not.
Yesterdays tackle whilst being definitely illegal was not particularly dangerous, it was at an angle and a height not straight on.
I'll agree to disagree with you then, because use of elbows could of easily split Reids face or worse caught him in the throat and it seems you are explaining Aqueros tackle as a controlled illegal tackle which imo is even worse as he coukdn't control Luiz's movements and imo was way over the top, vicious and inexcusable

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Aguero's tackle yesterday was knee height and from the side. The knee isn't designed to bend in that direction. If's ands and buts aside, it was dangerous in the extreme.

Elbows, one of which was clearly aimed... he needs a decent ban to give him time to reflect and cool off.

Sledging, both verbal and physical, happens in every game, especially where (almost) man to man marking between defenders and forwards takes place. If Aguero doesn't learn to laugh it off he is going to be targeted by defenders each swapping positions with their team mates to have a go.

That aside, why is Aguero being made out to be the victim by so many people? Yes, Luiz is hard, and sails up against the line more than most but apart from some basic niggly stuff he did nowt wrong.

D

Deleted member 18588

Why Paul? Chalobah was booked at the time so i would expect that to be the end of it.

True but Fabregas was clearly shown giving a girlie slap to Fernandinho which, nowadays, would often result in a red card. May not be right but would not rule out retrospective action being taken by the FA.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
True but Fabregas was clearly shown giving a girlie slap to Fernandinho which, nowadays, would often result in a red card. May not be right but would not rule out retrospective action being taken by the FA.

Not disputing that MM, I only bolded the bit pertaining to Chalobah. Fully accept Fabregas might get something but Chalobah should be case closed, surely?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:What a bunch of amateurs

D

Deleted member 18588

Not disputing that MM, I only bolded the bit pertaining to Chalobah. Fully accept Fabregas might get something but Chalobah should be case closed, surely?

Yes, retrospective action is only for incidents where the ref "hasn't seen it" and as Chalobah received a yellow that is not the case for him so end of story.

It's only Fabregas who could be in trouble.

D

Deleted member 16999

Switched off after Can's cracker!! What did I miss? thought it was all over. Will have to catch the highlights later.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow Bournemouth!

Woeful defending by Liverpool and more evidence that they tire as the game goes on.

The downside to playing with such high intensity I suppose, need to pace themselves lol.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well the chant from the Bournemouth fans at the end was "3 - 1, and you mucked it up". Well it sounded like mucked…. :D
Big weekend for Chelsea and Arsenal, bit of a gap forming at the top, I wonder if it's a sign of the season ahead. :rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Like you mate, I'm surprised he escaped a red but under the current rules if he's been booked then that's it, yes?

Yes if the ref has dealt with the incident on the pitch then it can't be reviewed unless the ref asks for it

And got to take your hats off to Bournemouth and that young lad Fraser , what a comeback and what an impact from him. Very lazy from us today - poor concentration when the game should have been buried, got to use it as a kick in the backside and move on from it. Think Matip the big miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.