And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You on the sauce last night Sean, or just trolling? I guess it was just trolling for an argument as you didn't see the match.

I might have had one or two😙

TBH I hadn't seen the "horror" tackle from aguero before I said what I said so that was reckless of me and I apologise for that, There is no place for that kind of tackle whether the player had it coming or not,

But you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that Aguero would have been levelling the score with Luis, And even in the 5 mins highlights I saw evidence to back that up, I can almost guarantee that in the other 85 mins Luiz would have been at it off camera with Aguero maybe even with verbal insults to boot.

I'm a mild mannered person but once or twice in the distant past playing football I would react like that on the football pitch, If I was kicked all game or be or be on the receiving end of some pretty dangerous tackles I would wait until that player had the ball and give some back, I wouldn't worry about the consequences.

With a lot of provocation you can sometimes understand why people do the things they do.

D

Deleted member 16999

I might have had one or two😙

TBH I hadn't seen the "horror" tackle from aguero before I said what I said so that was reckless of me and I apologise for that, There is no place for that kind of tackle whether the player had it coming or not,

But you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that Aguero would have been levelling the score with Luis, And even in the 5 mins highlights I saw evidence to back that up, I can almost guarantee that in the other 85 mins Luiz would have been at it off camera with Aguero maybe even with verbal insults to boot.

I'm a mild mannered person but once or twice in the distant past playing football I would react like that on the football pitch, If I was kicked all game or be or be on the receiving end of some pretty dangerous tackles I would wait until that player had the ball and give some back, I wouldn't worry about the consequences.

With a lot of provocation you can sometimes understand why people do the things they do.
You should've stopped after the emoji.
Always said a drunken man speaks a sober mans thoughts.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
I am amazed that having just watched a brilliant game between two sides who are probably the two most fancied sides to win the league that all that is being talked about is a bit of push and shove when the game was finished.

Yes the Aguero tackle was disgraceful, as a top player he should be used to getting some stick on the pitch and deal with it in a much better way, all top players especially attacking players receive the same treatment every game, and i bet if city were winning then it would not of happened.

The game was great to watch.

City looked awesome going forward for long spells and and but for better finishing and some superb keeping and excellent body on the line defending could and should of been out of sight, but still looked dodgy every time chelsea went forward, it looked very much like watching Barcelona when Pep was in charge, but i think as a whole the Premier league is stronger than the Spanish league and City will have to improve a hell of a lot to win the league.

Chelsea played as though they had real belief in each other and the manager, last year under Jose they would of lost that game easily, under Conte they looked like they really want it, they are all working for each other and with their quality that makes them a good side. They proved yesterday they can dig a result out as well as blowing teams away and took full advantage of City not being able to finish the game when they were well on top. As soon as Chelsea had a good spell they took their chances.

For me a cracking game really interesting and yes their was some diving and play acting going on, none of us like it but both teams were doing it, and that is the same for every team in the league (and in fact the leagues below) so lets accept that and enjoy the football and discuss the good points of the game, I am not a Chelsea fan but they in about 6 pages on here they have had very little credit for a very good performance that had a bit of everything.

And Breathe.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure of the need to mention Costa, he has history sure, but naming him you could name another 50.

The last x number of pages have been about players from both teams yesterday who caused bother etc. I decided to offer a quick summary. You can't exclude the big lad from that list. You can add others but you can't leave him off. Maybe I should have substituted Luis for Costa as Luis is a thug as well.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
One of the worst tackles I have ever seen he has already been banned for violent conduct so he should (if the fa have any balls) get 9 games for that.

9 games? Really!

hes neem an idiot. But that why there's a charge for violent conduct. He should probably get 4. 3 for violent conduct and an additional for second red.

It was a dirty tackle and there's no defending it. But the only reason I can see poeple wanting such bans is so he's not playing for a rival.

All the top clubs have had players put in shocking tackles over the years and never heard calls for such bans before.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
9 games? Really!

hes neem an idiot. But that why there's a charge for violent conduct. He should probably get 4. 3 for violent conduct and an additional for second red.

It was a dirty tackle and there's no defending it. But the only reason I can see poeple wanting such bans is so he's not playing for a rival.

All the top clubs have had players put in shocking tackles over the years and never heard calls for such bans before.

Both incidents involving him have been nasty and violent, he was really trying to injure Luiz yesterday what if Luiz had his foot planted and Aguero got him full on, that was a career ending tackle just because Luiz was lucky it doesn't mean Aguero should get away with it.

I am pretty sure Aguero now misses the Arsenal game so it doesn't really matter to me after that.

D

Deleted member 16999

The last x number of pages have been about players from both teams yesterday who caused bother etc. I decided to offer a quick summary. You can't exclude the big lad from that list. You can add others but you can't leave him off. Maybe I should have substituted Luis for Costa as Luis is a thug as well.
Costa certainly knows how to give it out, but yesterday, no, no chance, he wasn't involved in the controversy.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Costa certainly knows how to give it out, but yesterday, no, no chance, he wasn't involved in the controversy.

He wasn't involved in it, but his attempted elbow which never connected with Kolarov was overshadowed with other unsavoury events on the pitch. If it had of connected we would of been talking a bit more about it now.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Both incidents involving him have been nasty and violent, he was really trying to injure Luiz yesterday what if Luiz had his foot planted and Aguero got him full on, that was a career ending tackle just because Luiz was lucky it doesn't mean Aguero should get away with it.

I am pretty sure Aguero now misses the Arsenal game so it doesn't really matter to me after that.

Aguero's tackle was actually far to high to be a likely cause of a bad injury. with a foot planted you need to be below or at about knee level for that. He might have hurt him with that tackle but was unlikely to cause him serious injury.

The other incident wasn't particularly nasty and violent he caught Reid with a forearm when Reid was trying to grapple with him. A sending off nowadays yes but not really very dangerous.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jeez, there's some blinkered hot air here, again.

Here's a simple fact: one team was a bit better at sticking the ball in the back of the net. No change there then.

Here's another: some top prima donna stars, from both sides, got their nose put out and didn't like. No change there then.

Here's another: take the shade of blue blinkers off, the ref had a decent game.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Jeez, there's some blinkered hot air here, again.

Here's a simple fact: one team was a bit better at sticking the ball in the back of the net. No change there then.

Here's another: some top prima donna stars, from both sides, got their nose put out and didn't like. No change there then.

Here's another: take the shade of blue blinkers off, the ref had a decent game.

Except Chelsea should also have finished with 9 men David Luiz should have gone first half and the guy who rushed over and pushed Aguero to the ground after the tackle that sparked the handbags, you cannot raise your hands, and if you want to go letter of the law Cesc slapped Fernandinho.

D

Deleted member 16999

He wasn't involved in it, but his attempted elbow which never connected with Kolarov was overshadowed with other unsavoury events on the pitch. If it had of connected we would of been talking a bit more about it now.

I'm sure if you look close enough you could find incidents from both teams that could've been worse.

D

Deleted member 16999

Aguero's tackle was actually far to high to be a likely cause of a bad injury. with a foot planted you need to be below or at about knee level for that. He might have hurt him with that tackle but was unlikely to cause him serious injury.

The other incident wasn't particularly nasty and violent he caught Reid with a forearm when Reid was trying to grapple with him. A sending off nowadays yes but not really very dangerous.

Any bad tackle can cause serious injury even soft tackles can, it was hideous and there is no excusing or explaining it away as less than it was and then to say the Reid wasn't particularly nasty is just as bad, not particularly nasty, does that mean a little bit nasty or not nasty or a smidgen nasty, it's nasty and he will thankfully receive extra games banned on top of the 3.

D

Deleted member 16999

Except Chelsea should also have finished with 9 men David Luiz should have gone first half and the guy who rushed over and pushed Aguero to the ground after the tackle that sparked the handbags, you cannot raise your hands, and if you want to go letter of the law Cesc slapped Fernandinho.
Fully expect the FA to take action against Fabregas and the guy who pushed Aquero to the ground. Luiz's incident was seen by the Ref so can't see that going any further.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

I didn't see that as foul. Nor did the ref....

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any bad tackle can cause serious injury even soft tackles can, it was hideous and there is no excusing or explaining it away as less than it was and then to say the Reid wasn't particularly nasty is just as bad, not particularly nasty, does that mean a little bit nasty or not nasty or a smidgen nasty, it's nasty and he will thankfully receive extra games banned on top of the 3.
Any contact could in theory cause an injury even non contact can may footballers hurt themselves going over on their ankles without any contact but in terms of career threatening injuries. Aguero's tackle was highly unlikely to cause it.

As for the Red challenge of course there are degrees of violence and Aguero's was at a pretty low end of it and it was whilst Reid was trying to stop him from playing. Red Card offence? yes Nasty , well only if you think that any physical contact in a contact sport is intrinsically nasty.

D

Deleted member 16999

Any contact could in theory cause an injury even non contact can may footballers hurt themselves going over on their ankles without any contact but in terms of career threatening injuries. Aguero's tackle was highly unlikely to cause it.

As for the Red challenge of course there are degrees of violence and Aguero's was at a pretty low end of it and it was whilst Reid was trying to stop him from playing. Red Card offence? yes Nasty , well only if you think that any physical contact in a contact sport is intrinsically nasty.
He's a superb footballer who can handle himself and never said anywhere there should be no contact, both his Red Cards are Violent Conduct, playing with words and trying to downgrade his behaviour is wrong, both offences could of ended in serious injury, there is no defending either of his actions imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.