And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
They were saying on the radio that with the Fernadinho incident that Fabregas started it all with a slap to someone's face and that he will possibly be given a ban as well ? Can't remember them showing it but would explain why Fernadinho went for him

Actually they did show it, and judging by the sanction for Chalobah, Fabregas would have got a yellow at worst for it.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Spot on. Not like it's the first time either, they have previous, Aguero not quite the squeaky clean forward people make him out to be.

[video=youtube;LDDOxa_0PG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDDOxa_0PG0[/video]

Didn't even get booked for that one. Should get a lengthy ban for this one, disgusting tackle.

To be fair Costa has previous and so everybody knows what he is like and what he does.

Aguero doesn't deserve the same attention because anyone with a bit of common sense will know that Aguero a) isn't that type of player usually b) probably had a great deal of provocation from Luiz throughout the match.

Don't forget that we don't see half the things that go on in a match even when live at the ground. I bet Luis was doing all sorts to wind Aguero up in 90mins and Aguero had enough.

That's how I see it anyway.

Put it this way Fish, If i had to name a couple of nasty, dirty cheats in the prem I would name Luiz and Costa way before Aguero.

Try looking at the video above; Aguero has got plenty of previous himself, still as it's on Luiz I suppose it's okay, isn't it Sean. Delusional is about right.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Well ave just got back from the game and when Chelsea were good they were awesome. When they were average they got away with murder. Cannot remember the last time I saw a team that ended with so many players rolling on the floor. Oh ah I can, it was Chelsea last year.
I don't know what I was more frustrated with, the referee or city's woeful finishing.
Re the Aguero incident, he was kicked from pillar to post during the game, he and other City players for no protection and frustrations boiled over. No excuses. Said this before and will say it again. Pep will look at that team today and knows he needs a left back right back and centre half, at least.
Nice to see YaYa come on and do nowt. Maybe the thought of a drink driving charge hanging over his head was playing on his mind. Thought he was a tea total non alcohol drinking Muslim.

Did you have Arsene Wenger's seat for the afternoon? Utter rammel. Aguero and in particular Fernandinho were kicking anything that moved, extremely cyclical chop from Fernandinho on the halfway line to stop a break.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well ave just got back from the game and when Chelsea were good they were awesome. When they were average they got away with murder. Cannot remember the last time I saw a team that ended with so many players rolling on the floor. Oh ah I can, it was Chelsea last year.
I don't know what I was more frustrated with, the referee or city's woeful finishing.
Re the Aguero incident, he was kicked from pillar to post during the game, he and other City players for no protection and frustrations boiled over. No excuses. Said this before and will say it again. Pep will look at that team today and knows he needs a left back right back and centre half, at least.
Nice to see YaYa come on and do nowt. Maybe the thought of a drink driving charge hanging over his head was playing on his mind. Thought he was a tea total non alcohol drinking Muslim.

At least your right.
Watching the game you have 3 really good players the rest need replacing.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Costa himself took some stick although he gives as good as he gets but atm he is concentrating on his football and as others have said he looks a quality player.

Last year he needed replacing.

Don't write UTD off we are starting to play some decent football and will go on a good run.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Don't write UTD off we are starting to play some decent football and will go on a good run.

But those all above you have to go on a bad run to make up what ground there is already between them and you, can't see you pushing into the top 4 unless someone drops like a stone, which with injuries and suspensions could happen but you can't afford anything less than 3 points tomorrow, and although Evrrton are certainly not the form team, they'll raise their game tomorrow for uniteds visit.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Missed most of the second half of the City game but they should have been home and hosed before Chelsea equalised. If De Bruyne scores, how did he not, just before the Chelsea goal then the game is very different. Such are the margins. Chelsea seem to be a second half team, very powerful and you clearly need to put them away when you get the chance.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I've missed all the shenanigans at City so looking forward to seeing it later and in the morning on Sky on the Sunday Supplement. Sounds like a lot to digest. Judging by the reaction on here the Aguero challenge was a shocker. Did Chelsea deserve to win so easily?

City had one disallowed for offside, went one up, de Bryune missed a sitter, Courtois had a stonker. City should of been 3-0 up. But like I say when Chelsa were good they were very good. Both teams were good bad and ugly. So no Homer the score don't really reflect on the game.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
City had one disallowed for offside, went one up, de Bryune missed a sitter, Courtois had a stonker. City should of been 3-0 up. But like I say when Chelsa were good they were very good. Both teams were good bad and ugly. So no Homer the score don't really reflect on the game.

And don't forget the only goal you got was an own goal 😜

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
But those all above you have to go on a bad run to make up what ground there is already between them and you, can't see you pushing into the top 4 unless someone drops like a stone, which with injuries and suspensions could happen but you can't afford anything less than 3 points tomorrow, and although Evrrton are certainly not the form team, they'll raise their game tomorrow for uniteds visit.

I feel City and Liverpool will drop and if they don't well so what life goes on.:)

We have played well in spots the last few games and I see green shoots

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Did you have Arsene Wenger's seat for the afternoon? Utter rammel. Aguero and in particular Fernandinho were kicking anything that moved, extremely cyclical chop from Fernandinho on the halfway line to stop a break.
B in M, what you saw from City you saw, there was no excuses for some of the challenges. You don't need arsenes seat for that, what I also saw was the Chelsea sub shove Aguero, that's a sending off like Nolito got early this year. Dint happen.What I also saw was Luis blatantly block Aguero running through that could of been a red as well, dint happen. Let's discuss the penalty appeals, again dint happen. A minute or two into the game the ref stops play because Hazard is down. With City on the break. Five minutes later a City player is down and the game plays on. What fans want is consistency. Today's ref was consistently Rammel, only matched by some of the Chelsea players antics, obviously am just a bitter fan, but when a player dives for a penalty or free kick, you expect a booking. Dint happen.
What did happen was because a ref could not control a game, It was farcical. What I will say as well is if my team started with some of those tactics what Chelsea used today I would not be impressed one bit.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I feel City and Liverpool will drop and if they don't well so what life goes on.:)

We have played well in spots the last few games and I see green shoots

Will certainly be interesting to see how Liverpool cope over the coming weeks with a busy fixture list,same for City with suspensions.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thoughts on todays game.

City could and should have been clear, even though at the time Chelsea were still giving them summat to think about.

Luiz on Aguero was deffo a foul, he ran right across him, deliberately, and the ref was very poor. Not enough weight to knock Aguero down......and I hate saying this, but like shirt-tugs in the box......you generally only get it if you go down. Its not always a red any more, but should have deffo been a yellow. At this point I thought the ref had got a lot wrong. Again, I'll say it , now it isnt my team it involves, but a Greater manc ref shouldnt be doing city or United.

Chelsea were great second half, and it was a cracking match. Costa was immense and in control, as he has been all season - some player now to lead the line.

Citys defending was poor and the gaps they left were shocking - defend the middle of the pitch for God's sake, not strung out like knickers on a line.....City without yaya, Barry, Kompany, Milner are missing some captain material, and a few old heads. Great individuals, but not enough "narks" in the team. Chelsea, again look the most well-balanced team in the prem.

Disgusting challenge by Aguero - worth 2 red cards. Sh.....ouse play by Fabregas, do the sly slap on someone, then when he confronts you, back, back away trying to get him sent off, horrible stuff.

Overall, if I was a Chelsea fan i'd be well happy with that overall performance/result today....although could have been very different.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Visit site
B in M, what you saw from City you saw, there was no excuses for some of the challenges. You don't need arsenes seat for that, what I also saw was the Chelsea sub shove Aguero, that's a sending off like Nolito got early this year. Dint happen.What I also saw was Luis blatantly block Aguero running through that could of been a red as well, dint happen. Let's discuss the penalty appeals, again dint happen. A minute or two into the game the ref stops play because Hazard is down. With City on the break. Five minutes later a City player is down and the game plays on. What fans want is consistency. Today's ref was consistently Rammel, only matched by some of the Chelsea players antics, obviously am just a bitter fan, but when a player dives for a penalty or free kick, you expect a booking. Dint happen.
What did happen was because a ref could not control a game, It was farcical. What I will say as well is if my team started with some of those tactics what Chelsea used today I would not be impressed one bit.

Which penalty appeals do you want to discuss Tashy? The one where Cahill was on the deck with his back to play when the ball hit his arm; the one around the penalty spot that was a clean win of the ball with the City player going over; or the one where Navas (I believe) went down like a sack of spuds with minimal or no contact which the referee waved away? You're right, he didn't get booked for that dive.

Fernandinho & Aguero could have accrued enough yellow cards to be long gone before the handbags. The referee did see Chalobah shove Aguero but decided it only merited a yellow; considering what he'd let Fernandinho get away with there's an argument that the yellow was harsh.

As for players antics do you want to discuss the classy antics of Aguero after Cahill put through his own net, the antics of City players in trying to get opposition players booked, the antics of Pep on the touchline, which ones? I'd have a much closer look at your own players antics before trying to take the moral high ground after that performance. Bottom line is that you weren't good enough, but it's easier to blame the referee & the opposition than the bloke that hit the bar from 4 yards out. Telling Bravo to dive towards the ball rather than away from it might help as well.

You're right in one respect though, you are coming across as a bitter fan.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Thoughts on todays game.

City could and should have been clear, even though at the time Chelsea were still giving them summat to think about.

Luiz on Aguero was deffo a foul, he ran right across him, deliberately, and the ref was very poor. Not enough weight to knock Aguero down......and I hate saying this, but like shirt-tugs in the box......you generally only get it if you go down. Its not always a red any more, but should have deffo been a yellow. At this point I thought the ref had got a lot wrong. Again, I'll say it , now it isnt my team it involves, but a Greater manc ref shouldnt be doing city or United.

Chelsea were great second half, and it was a cracking match. Costa was immense and in control, as he has been all season - some player now to lead the line.

Citys defending was poor and the gaps they left were shocking - defend the middle of the pitch for God's sake, not strung out like knickers on a line.....City without yaya, Barry, Kompany, Milner are missing some captain material, and a few old heads. Great individuals, but not enough "narks" in the team. Chelsea, again look the most well-balanced team in the prem.

Disgusting challenge by Aguero - worth 2 red cards. Sh.....ouse play by Fabregas, do the sly slap on someone, then when he confronts you, back, back away trying to get him sent off, horrible stuff.

Overall, if I was a Chelsea fan i'd be well happy with that overall performance/result today....although could have been very different.

I take your point Peter, but it seems to be that when people wind Costa up & he reacts it's Costa's fault for reacting, yet when Fabregas winds Fernandinho up and Fernandinho reacts, it's Fabregas' fault for winding him up; how does that work? :confused: Personally I'm with you, it's not pleasant but if we are going to slate people for it then let's be consistent and slate those who wind Costa up as well.

I'm not saying that you were one of the ones slagging Costa btw, it's just that you were the one that made the point about Fabregas. Nor am I suggesting that Costa has been a saint, but if we are going to knock players' behaviour a consistent approach would be good. :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.