Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Manchester United after 13 games:

- Moyes: 22 points

- Van Gaal: 22 points

- Mourinho: 20 points

It's just funny. They are so dull. I suspect they could handle it if they played like Liverpool but couldn't win. As it is they've spent a fortune and they are still going sideways and backwards.

My cousin is a Utd fan and it is agonising for him. He hates Mo, hates how they are playing, loves his team. I'd almost feel sorry for him but he had 20 years of gloating so I'm going to enjoy it for a bit longer.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Where will we finish then mystic peg?;)

Depends if you strengthen in January or suffer any more injuries to a weak squad compared to those around you. Also PSG coming for Lalanna for £40m could weaken you even more, unless you buy well !

Did you get my pm from a couple of weeks back?

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Didnt Wenger go for both Vardy and Martial ?

Vardy turned them down as well and decided Martial was too expensive and certainly wouldn't judge Martial when he is being managed by a manager who struggles to get the best out of young and upcoming talent - look at Rashford as well - it's why he buys the established players

Bit of a helping hand from the ref today for Arsenal today helps

Do you really think Man Utd will replace Liverpool or Chelsea with both along with City looking the teams to beat this year.

lol, ref was truly awful, but to say he helped Arsenal over the course of the game is laughable

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vardy signed a contract with Leicester at the same wage that he would have got at Arsenal - both offered the 100k a year and he picked Leicester.

Your original comments suggested that Wenger wasn't after the players but he was after them and attempted to buy them

No, it's common knowledge Wenger was after the player. His didnt see value in offering more than what he offered, which in hindsight was the right call.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If anyone breaks into the top 4 it will be a stuttering Spurs finding some of the form they showed last season. For me its between Chelsea and City for the league. Asking Liverpool to maintain that intensity as the pitches get heavier and injuries start to bite is a stretch. Arsenal finishing above 4th, maybe 3rd, will depend on others faltering, like last season.

As for Utd, 5th or 10th or anywhere in between. They're just about punching their current weight. They have the right manager but its a poor Utd squad. Kids bought, or brought through the academy, being asked to perform at a consistently high level, and too many of them in the team. Has-beens chosen on fading abilities and reputations.

D

Deleted member 15344

lol, ref was truly awful, but to say he helped Arsenal over the course of the game is laughable

The handball against Monreal was a clear penalty , was it Mustafi with the clear push in the box ? Two crucial desicions that went Arsenal's way

D

Deleted member 16999

The handball against Monreal was a clear penalty , was it Mustafi with the clear push in the box ? Two crucial desicions that went Arsenal's way
A clear push picked up 1-2 minutes later on TV, come on, every team gets away with fouls in the box.

D

Deleted member 1740

Depends if you strengthen in January or suffer any more injuries to a weak squad compared to those around you. Also PSG coming for Lalanna for £40m could weaken you even more, unless you buy well !

Did you get my pm from a couple of weeks back?

Didn't you say 7th at best in July?:whistle:

No mate.

I've not had chance to get on for a while, resend it and I'll reply.

D

Deleted member 15344

No, it's common knowledge Wenger was after the player. His didnt see value in offering more than what he offered, which in hindsight was the right call.

He wasn't just after the player - Wenger activated the release clause - you spent days celebrating Vardy arriving at Arsenal with him being a player to propel you to winning the league - and then Vardy turned you down, nothing to do with money.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
He wasn't just after the player - Wenger activated the release clause - you spent days celebrating Vardy arriving at Arsenal with him being a player to propel you to winning the league - and then Vardy turned you down, nothing to do with money.

Yes we know Vardy turned us down but Wenger didn't exactly bend over backwards to get him.

What was it ? £20M?

Wenger has a valuation for a player and doesnt go above it and you can see why. Very easy to get caught up in a bidding war and before you know it you have mediocrity at a huge price. No thanks.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes we know Vardy turned us down but Wenger didn't exactly bend over backwards to get him.

What was it ? £20M?

Wenger has a valuation for a player and doesnt go above it and you can see why. Very easy to get caught up in a bidding war and before you know it you have mediocrity at a huge price. No thanks.

£20m was the release clause - as soon as that was met then Arsenal were free to talk to Vardy - why does he need to go higher or get into a bidding war when the player has a release clause ?!! I'm not sure you have thought this through

As for Wenger and his bidding wars - only have to go back to his embarrassing Suarez £40mil and 1 pound bid ! He could have got Suarez if he had been serious enough and now he is prob the third best player in the world - bet Wenger is relieved he didn't go any higher

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

What was it ? £20M?

It wasn't a bidding war. You got to talk to him after meeting his clause. You then offered him what he's on at Leicester now.

So so quite simply he had a choice of Arsenal or Leicester for the same money. And he turned you down.

I said he he was foolish at the time and belive that still to be true. But if you can't convince Vardy to join you. Good luck!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wasn't a bidding war. You got to talk to him after meeting his clause. You then offered him what he's on at Leicester now.

So so quite simply he had a choice of Arsenal or Leicester for the same money. And he turned you down.

I said he he was foolish at the time and belive that still to be true. But if you can't convince Vardy to join you. Good luck!

Exactly. Matched what he was offered by Leicester. Didn't bow to demands and break the bank to get him.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Manchester United after 13 games:

- Moyes: 22 points

- Van Gaal: 22 points

- Mourinho: 20 points

We're only ⅓ of the way through the season!
Plenty of time yet, but it'd help if opposing 'keepers didn't play so bloody well against us.
Hammers 'keeper with a MoM performance.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
£20m was the release clause - as soon as that was met then Arsenal were free to talk to Vardy - why does he need to go higher or get into a bidding war when the player has a release clause ?!! I'm not sure you have thought this through

As for Wenger and his bidding wars - only have to go back to his embarrassing Suarez £40mil and 1 pound bid ! He could have got Suarez if he had been serious enough and now he is prob the third best player in the world - bet Wenger is relieved he didn't go any higher

Come on Phil even you can see that if Wenger really wanted Vardy that he would have offered Vardy an offer that he could not refuse. Truth is Wenger won't get sucked into spending over the odds and on this occasion he was probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.