And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Well when people start commenting that Liverpool will screw up and fluff the league. You can't argue it, as statistically it's true.

Something along those lines I'd imagine.

Is it ? Or is that a valid statement for every single club who don't win the league ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Is it ? Or is that a valid statement for every single club who don't win the league ?
Is it a valid statement that Arsenal don't win in november or statistically it was a bad month for them and you were on a fishing trip?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is it a valid statement that Arsenal don't win in november or statistically it was a bad month for them and you were on a fishing trip?

Not valid this November for sure with two draws agaist United and Spurs, an away win and draw against a strong side in PSG in the CL. Bournemouth tomorrow should be a home win banker and will that not make it an unbeaten November? Terrible month

D

Deleted member 15344

Of course It's a valid statement when it's common knowledge to even their manager that the club struggle in November and have done regularly over the years - and right now they have dropped 4 points out of 6 in the league

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mi...senal-boss-arsene-wenger-solution-9336135.amp

Same as saying that their CL season is normally over in Feb

Not all posts are aimed on stirring - that may come as a surprise to you I know

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

It being true for other clubs doesn't make it less of an accurate ststement re liverpool.

I was merely pointing out what could be aimed at you, in regards to reaping what you so.

That said, of all the teams with realistic aims to win a title, i'd say its only Liverpool (maybe include Newcastle) that have failed as such in recent history.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Not valid this November for sure with two draws agaist United and Spurs, an away win and draw against a strong side in PSG in the CL. Bournemouth tomorrow should be a home win banker and will that not make it an unbeaten November? Terrible month

The article Phil linked was purely based on points accumulated, opposition is irrelevant as i'm sure they have had tough opponents in other months too in that example. But if Bmouth are the banker and then they beat saints, that'll be 13points in 7 games at an avaerage of 1.857 points.

Making, and wait for it as its hard to say :D

Phil's statement factually correct.

And if they do slip up, it could be as low as a point game!

D

Deleted member 16999

Of course It's a valid statement when it's common knowledge to even their manager that the club struggle in November and have done regularly over the years - and right now they have dropped 4 points out of 6 in the league

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mi...senal-boss-arsene-wenger-solution-9336135.amp

Same as saying that their CL season is normally over in Feb

Not all posts are aimed on stirring - that may come as a surprise to you I know
Provide as many links as you like, you know with your football knowledge that first post about 3 teams opening up a gap before all the weekends fixtures have been played is either nonsense or a fishing trip.

D

Deleted member 15344

Provide as many links as you like, you know with your football knowledge that first post about 3 teams opening up a gap before all the weekends fixtures have been played is either nonsense or a fishing trip.

It was neither nonsense or a fishing trip - stop looking for an angle

It was a comment based on the results of today's games and even a comment that have heard the commentators say today in regards a three way battle.

D

Deleted member 16999

It was neither nonsense or a fishing trip - stop looking for an angle

It was a comment based on the results of today's games and even a comment that have heard the commentators say today in regards a three way battle.

:thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

I actually thought Mike Jones was no longer a Prem Ref as he is that shocking but nope there he is continuing to get paid for being even worse than Uriah Rennie !! Shocking ref

D

Deleted member 16999

Lucky to be only 1 down at HT, hopefully won't play as bad second half.

D

Deleted member 16999

Saints unlucky not to win by 3 or 4, something not right at Everton at the moment, another awful display.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Saints unlucky not to win by 3 or 4, something not right at Everton at the moment, another awful display.

I think koeman will come good.

What i I wouldn't give for another decent striker. Might take sturridge as a paperweight next summer when Liverpool di their usual shopping visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.