And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was enjoying the quality of the Arsenal v PSG game until HID rudely grabbed the remote and stuck Masterchef on. Missed the penalty! Words have been exchanged

Did the conversation go something like this

H-hey I was watching that

MH-so

H-cant you watch MS on I-player tomorrow

MH no,why don't you go on the forum and boost your post count.

H- I would but ive got nothing important to say

MH-go on the pointless Word Association 2 thread then and get it up that way then.

H-oh alright then you win.

Only bants Homer:ears:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Did the conversation go something like this

H-hey I was watching that

MH-so

H-cant you watch MS on I-player tomorrow

MH no,why don't you go on the forum and boost your post count.

H- I would but ive got nothing important to say

MH-go on the pointless Word Association 2 thread then and get it up that way then.

H-oh alright then you win.

Only bants Homer:ears:

Close but you missed out her anglo saxon language when I made a sneaky dart to check the scores in the middle of the first skills test. Other than that I couldn't comment less I increase my post count.......ooops!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A second place finish by the look of it for Arsenal unless there is a turn up in the PSG game. City second too. I can't see the draw being too kind to either.

Does it really matter that much? It's not like there's a really soft draw in the last 16, and IIRC winning the group means you play the second leg at home which in my experience isn't always beneficial.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Does it really matter that much? It's not like there's a really soft draw in the last 16, and IIRC winning the group means you play the second leg at home which in my experience isn't always beneficial.

Thonk they mentioned last night that approx 80% of semis and finals are made from group winners.

Of course thats probably because better teams win groups. Not just get easy draws.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

And this year with Bayern Munich, and possibly Real Madrid and even Juve, finishing 2nd in their groups winning the group isn't going to guarantee you an easier draw.

But having said that didn't Arsenal get the easier draw last time when they got Monaco, who were supposedly the weakest team they could have drawn, and we know how that ended up.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arsenal been very poor in both games against PSG, outplayed on both occasions and the amount of good chances Cavani missed well into double figures. No signs of any improvement when playing better sides, same issues still rearing their head. No doubt some will see no issues in these 2 games but for me they show exactly where Arsenal are at, which is pretty much where theyve been for years.

And still Coquelin starts lol, kicks people for half an hour, gets booked then scared to make another tackle for the rest of the game. Game after game Arsenal second best in midfield of late, Cazorla missing certainly doesnt help on that either

D

Deleted member 16999

Decent result for Manure and hopefully see them and Saints through to next round.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It mentioned it on TS last night and I think it was something like 70 or 80 something % of the group winners normally go through in the next round of 16.

OK, most times Barca, Real etc will finish top and generally normally get through to the semis/finals in the last few years, but overall still a high percentage. Ok Arsenal always going out then will also skew the percentages.....:D

Edit:just seen Papas post.

D

Deleted member 15344

So City and Liverpool get their 3 points and i expect Chelsea to gain 3 points as well which would mean a little gap starting to form between the top 3 - maybe a sign of the season ahead

As for the MOTD going to be a cracker with the Palace Swansea game

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
So City and Liverpool get their 3 points and i expect Chelsea to gain 3 points as well which would mean a little gap starting to form between the top 3 - maybe a sign of the season ahead

As for the MOTD going to be a cracker with the Palace Swansea game

I'll skip the Boro match. A 94th min penalty to Leicester spoilt the day.

D

Deleted member 16999

Unless Arsenal win tomorrow and it's as you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.