Fish

Banned
Visit site
Boro have worked hard tbf but give that man a sniff and we'll break your hearts

Top of the league 😎

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
He'll just ignore the factual points being made and keep coming back with nonsense.

Typical Wengerite

Keep moaning about Ashley if it makes you feel better but without his intervention you could well have gone down the same road as Portsmouth.

As it is you will be most likely be back in the big time next year with a top coach and money to spend.

D

Deleted member 15344

Keep moaning about Ashley if it makes you feel better but without his intervention you could well have gone down the same road as Portsmouth.

As it is you will be most likely be back in the big time next year with a top coach and money to spend.

Money to spend ? It appears facts are not a strong point - Newcastle under Ashley don't spend money - they make a profit , they buy players cheap and then look to sell them on for a profit with that profit not going to the manager to replace the players. Why are you ignoring the clear facts of the last decade

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We could have been but it's all if's buts and maybes.

Yes it looks like we'll be back. Maybe it's all been a blessing in disguise as Ashley now realises he can't to things on the cheap and employ poor managers.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm noticing more and more shirts having the Christian name of the player on and not his surname, how long has this been allowed, will we start to see Steve, Dave & Bill on the backs soon 🤔

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is a joke isn't it? Ashley took over a mess and now the club are financially stable.

It's not really Ashley's fault that managers have come in and have been disappointing. He has top coach now with Rafa and he must have said a lot of the right things to him to make him want to stay despite being in the championship.

Fickle fans looking at the here and now rather than the big picture. In 5, 10, 15, years from now you will most likely look back and see how beneficial it was to have someone like Ashley come in and sort the club out.

I can see the opposite to this in every single word.
They have looked at the bigger picture, as Ashley has been there for 10 years and he has totally mis-managed a decline.

52,000 - fickle? You couldnt make it up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Chelsea top and another clean sheet. They may not be banging too many in at the other end but they are rolling along nicely. Even Costa has stopped spoiling for a fight every two minutes although he does still fall over in the slightest breeze

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Chelsea top and another clean sheet. They may not be banging too many in at the other end but they are rolling along nicely. Even Costa has stopped spoiling for a fight every two minutes although he does still fall over in the slightest breeze

Plenty worse examples of that from the opposition this afternoon but that doesn't get a mention………. :confused:

Blue in Munich

Visit site
and defending the worst culprit over the last couple of years does?

And where in that exchange have I defended him? I've actually openly criticised his behaviour on here in other posts. All I did on this occasion was ask why he was being singled out when there were plenty of other examples from the opposition, a point that Homer then agreed with. I don't consider pointing out the fact that he isn't the only culprit to be defending him.

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
fair enough, just hate the "well theyre all doing it" explanation for what is one of the biggest blights on the game, if youre gonna criticise him criticise him

Blue in Munich

Visit site
fair enough, just hate the "well theyre all doing it" explanation for what is one of the biggest blights on the game, if youre gonna criticise him criticise him

I wasn't using it to justify his behaviour, I was simply asking why pick on him when others were worse than him; I'm actually struggling to think of when he did that this afternoon.

Granted that the dog has given himself a bad name in this particular aspect of his play so only has himself to blame, but to then excuse everyone else on basis that it's Costa is as bad in my opinion as the accusation that I'm excusing him by blaming everyone else. I'm not.

D

Deleted member 15344

I wasn't using it to justify his behaviour, I was simply asking why pick on him when others were worse than him; I'm actually struggling to think of when he did that this afternoon.

Granted that the dog has given himself a bad name in this particular aspect of his play so only has himself to blame, but to then excuse everyone else on basis that it's Costa is as bad in my opinion as the accusation that I'm excusing him by blaming everyone else. I'm not.

I couldn't recall any dives or simulation from Costa today , can only remember the left back going down a bit early , and just remember the one Boro player who went down a bit quickly

It was good game , Boro played well but Chelsea did what was needed - could have scored the goal of the season

Quite surprised that after a decent game with no real ( if any ) contraversial incidents that the talk is about diving ?!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the tackle from Fonte on Coutinho in the box was a sronewall penalty Saturday. However the challenge came after Coutinho got his shot away.

Ball was still in play just curious why is wasn't awarded. A foul is a foul is it not? regardless if attacker has ball under control or not.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm noticing more and more shirts having the Christian name of the player on and not his surname, how long has this been allowed, will we start to see Steve, Dave & Bill on the backs soon 樂

Many moons ago I was at Old Trafford to see United wallop Barnsley 7-0 and Jordi Cruyff just has Jordi on the back of his shirt, but in his case it was merely because of who his father was.
That was back in '97, so it's been going on for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.