And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was a turn of phrase. Sacked or forced out by fans thinking there was better out their for them.

Either way. He's in the and prem.

We were sick of getting thumped on a regular basis and as we pay our money we have every right to voice our opinions if we aren't happy.

There was absolutely better out there for us, it wasn't the fans fault the owner didn't appoint someone like that immediately.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
We were sick of getting thumped on a regular basis and as we pay our money we have every right to voice our opinions if we aren't happy.

There was absolutely better out there for us, it wasn't the fans fault the owner didn't appoint someone like that immediately.

Of course fans are.

But youre orignally message was a was a fishing trip to dig at pardew.

As things stand. Ones doing a whole lot better than the other.

His witch hunt aside. Allardyce was chased out before he even arrived. His results were irrelevant to his sacking. You all thought you were better than him. See, to recall that ended the same way too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not a Toon fan but I live up here and go to the odd match. Allardyce was never wanted by the fans and his style of football when he was here was awful. Mind numbingly backwards. Yes, the fans wanted him out as quickly as they could shift him. You'll not find one up here that regrets that decision. Pardew was disliked for two reasons. Firstly we was a consistent apologist for the hated Ashley and fans saw him as a stooge. Secondly his teams are consistently hot and cold. Three wins followed by six defeats. This kept happening, little progress was made and mix in the Ashley situation and it was never going to end well. Again you will not find a Toon fan who wants Pardew back.

They would far rather take Benitez building a decent team, playing attractive footbal in the championship for a season than another season in the PL with either Pardew or Allardyce.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't edit on my tablet so I have to add another post. Again, looking in, fans don't think they are better than Allardyce or Pardew. They just don't want to see the football their teams produce. That seems fair to me, they pay the cash after all.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a Toon fan but I live up here and go to the odd match. Allardyce was never wanted by the fans and his style of football when he was here was awful. Mind numbingly backwards. Yes, the fans wanted him out as quickly as they could shift him. You'll not find one up here that regrets that decision. Pardew was disliked for two reasons. Firstly we was a consistent apologist for the hated Ashley and fans saw him as a stooge. Secondly his teams are consistently hot and cold. Three wins followed by six defeats. This kept happening, little progress was made and mix in the Ashley situation and it was never going to end well. Again you will not find a Toon fan who wants Pardew back.

They would far rather take Benitez building a decent team, playing attractive footbal in the championship for a season than another season in the PL with either Pardew or Allardyce.

Hated Ashley?!?! , the same man that came in and turned the club around spending millions of pounds of his own money in the process?

Perhaps Newcastle supporters would love to see the team fall through the leagues but it would be OK as long as they played decent football.

OK Ashley isn't perfect but it's unbelievably ungrateful and dismissive of Ashley's contribution IMO. Hated? Unbelievable.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hated Ashley?!?! , the same man that came in and turned the club around spending millions of pounds of his own money in the process?

Perhaps Newcastle supporters would love to see the team fall through the leagues but it would be OK as long as they played decent football.

OK Ashley isn't perfect but it's unbelievably ungrateful and dismissive of Ashley's contribution IMO. Hated? Unbelievable.

That's exactly the response is expect from a supporter of Wenger FC

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That's exactly the response is expect from a supporter of Wenger FC

Would you seriously rather be watching your team wallow in league one?

without his investment you'd have been close to folding.

As a saints fan it's nit as thiugh I've ever had aspirations of grand success. But when we were in league one. I'd still much rather have had more seasons of battling at the dell than travelling to Luton on a Wednesday night (no offence Luton).

D

Deleted member 16999

Ashley:

11 managers in 9 years.

45 Million pound profit on signings.

Net Worth of Club doubled to 542 million in his 11 years.

Relegated twice.

Wage Bill decreased.

From a business point of view all good.

From a football point of view what's his contribution? Were has all the money gone?
Does it not need to be balanced?
Buying players and selling for a profit is good so long as the replacements are decent, they're not, you can't blame the fans for wanting to see the man spend the money on the team.

Claims he regrets buying a Football Club but has rejected 2 buy outs!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

He has singularly managed a decline of a great football club, for personal profit. He has instilled a sense of "just get by", and doesnt strive to achieve.........actually,I can see the attraction.

Football shouldnt be about balance sheets, P+L but about glory, trophies and memorable matches.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would you seriously rather be watching your team wallow in league one?

without his investment you'd have been close to folding.

As a saints fan it's nit as thiugh I've ever had aspirations of grand success. But when we were in league one. I'd still much rather have had more seasons of battling at the dell than travelling to Luton on a Wednesday night (no offence Luton).

No your right, Luton deserve stick.:thup:

Although I would generally always want my team to be in the top division, I would rather have a Benitez in the championship playing good attacking football than a Pullis/Allardyce team treading water in the prem playing their "style" of football.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
No your right, Luton deserve stick.:thup:

Although I would generally always want my team to be in the top division, I would rather have a Benitez in the championship playing good attacking football than a Pullis/Allardyce team treading water in the prem playing their "style" of football.

You have the advantage of not having had that choice.

Trust me, just because your team aspire to play well, it doesn't mean you get to watch it week in week out when grinding through a season in the championship.

Whikst i I accept certain styles aren't favourable long term. I still recall allardyce at Bolton and whilst he had no problem upsetting the big teams with anti football, he had flair too.

A year or 4 in the championship and maybe Newcastle fans will change their mind.

As to all all the talk of Ashley. Do I think he's a great chairman? Not at all. But, do o think Newcastle would even be as high in the football pyramid with out him? That's a no too.

D

Deleted member 16999

Trust me, just because your team aspire to play well, it doesn't mean you get to watch it week in week out when grinding through a season in the championship.

Whikst i I accept certain styles aren't favourable long term. I still recall allardyce at Bolton and whilst he had no problem upsetting the big teams with anti football, he had flair too.

A year or 4 in the championship and maybe Newcastle fans will change their mind.

As to all all the talk of Ashley. Do I think he's a great chairman? Not at all. But, do o think Newcastle would even be as high in the football pyramid with out him? That's a no too.
Unless you can see alternative universe's how can you justify the last paragraph, would City or Chelsea or Man Utd etc be as high if they had different owners? Prior to Ashley Newcastle had CL Football and finished 3rd in the PL, if ever there was a club with potential?
They also have the 9th in the list of trophies won, pretty high in that pyramid!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

All good points, but no matter I doubt I could watch a Pullis team week after week, no matter what division we were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.