And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Generally, the title is won by the team that has the most success against their main rivals. Usually it is where Arsenal falter. Considering you equalised at the end it will feel better than a loss, but at the end of the season it may be costly.,

Yes but if you take 4 points from title rivals that's not a bad return. Win at home and get a point away if you can.

I would have settled for a point to begin with tbf.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yes but if you take 4 points from title rivals that's not a bad return. Win at home and get a point away if you can.

I would have settled for a point to begin with tbf.

I agree. If you can do that against all the rivals you're in a good place. But IMO, you need to take 16 plus points from Liverpool, Chelsea, city and Utd to have a chance. Imo, it's a bit early to take a draw. Especially with utds form.

Only time will tell. Certainly not a distaster.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I agree. If you can do that against all the rivals you're in a good place. But IMO, you need to take 16 plus points from Liverpool, Chelsea, city and Utd to have a chance. Imo, it's a bit early to take a draw. Especially with utds form.

Only time will tell. Certainly not a distaster.

And they won't get that tally with only 1 shot on target in 90mins.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arsenal have not been fantastic through October and November so far. It was important not to lost that game today. Could easily have lost against man U and spurs so positives to be taken.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Arsenal have not been fantastic through October and November so far. It was important not to lost that game today. Could easily have lost against man U and spurs so positives to be taken.

I think the 3 of you will be battling it out for 4th, 5th & 6th, you didn't lose but it was against 2 teams that aren't exactly setting the world alight either!

All the scores going Chelsea's way so far, although a Southampton & Palace win would be nice 😎

D

Deleted member 16999

Bad performance at home to Swansea, loads of possession and very few good chances created, Swansea will feel like they've been mugged after a good away showing.
Need to start winning or we'll start slipping down the table.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll take that. Pretty awful game to watch but we had a game plan which we stuck to well enough, the form Liverpool are in at the moment I think a point is an ok result.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being a negative person I'd of took a point beforehand, having watched it deffo 2 points dropped. We didn't create an awful lot (firmino + clyne apart) but dominated throughout.

lil Phil looked jaded and we lacked a quality left footer, where we had most space.

clean sheet isn't to be sniffed at tho, and fixture list looking favourable.

good day for city 👎

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I didn't realise fans could sack a manager

Of course they have an influence. Staging protests and staying away. Your fans thought you were too big for Sam's style of football and you have been pretty constant on your witch hunt for Pardew on here. Even after he left you can't let go. And yet Newcastle's stock has fallen far more than his.,

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course they have an influence. Staging protests and staying away. Your fans thought you were too big for Sam's style of football and you have been pretty constant on your witch hunt for Pardew on here. Even after he left you can't let go. And yet Newcastle's stock has fallen far more than his.,

So he left us and wasn't sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.