And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seen it mentioned on social media and BBC about the Everton fans applauding Chelsea off at the end.

All 15 of them?

I'll say one thing Chelsea seem the most balanced team out of the "contenders", can they win it with a 3-5-2 though as very effective now, but no-one has won the league playing it, and it does have some weaknesses, but none getting found out at the moment though. I think Chelsea have the players to play it though, so hats off to Conte to adapting the system to suit the right players.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would say that it was a clear penalty - soft but it's a penalty , would be surprised to see or read anyone else bar yourself suggest any different

But then the Arsenal goal could and maybe should have been offside

So now Arsenal have dropped to forth in the league - the two teams you have dismissed are now the form team and have smoothly playing the best football in the league cruised to the top two slots in the Table -

Both have no European Football but have strength sat waiting

Brilliant from Liverpool - possibly should have been double figures

Is there any player playing better than Coutinho right now - ably supported by Firmino and Mane who can't stop scoring

Such a great start to the season

That's the league sorted then Phil, Liverpool champions and Chelsea runners up. No excuses.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's the league sorted then Phil, Liverpool champions and Chelsea runners up. No excuses.

Make a note of the post and see what happens after the last day of the season. I don't think it's done yet and while Liverpool were every bit as good as Chelsea (albeit against arguably weaker opposition) I think all of the top four would claim to have title credentials. I'm looking forward to a long and tight title chase.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go on then, who is the leagues best no.10?

Philly, ozil, hazard, silva/de buyne , ericsson, mata?

personally I've never rated ozil (don't mind admitting I've been proved wrong-ish) silva passed his best, hazard stunning (what he done to mourinho must hurt) Ericsson a spurs player (good but not good enough) mata, na. De buyne maybe, not seen enough

if you're in the top 6, and could swap, would you?

its a no for me

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Not in the top 6.

But if i was picking one, it would be Ozil. I think hazard could be the best, but his vanishing act last year hurts his appeal. Think Mata is underrated.

D

Deleted member 1740

Sound performance and cracking result today.

Thought the keeper was solid, Lucas slotted in and looked comfortable, Firmino Coutinho Mane and Lallana were excellent.

Nothing has been won today but it was vital we won after others around us dropped points and Chelsea won.

Hazard has proved how good he is, where was that Hazard last season?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Putting a league 11 together currently playing. If i could have em it would be.

De Gea
Azpilicueta
Koscielny
Bailly
Bellerin
Dier
Ali
Hazard
Mane
Ozil
Aguero

D

Deleted member 1740

personally I've never rated ozil (don't mind admitting I've been proved wrong-ish) silva passed his best, hazard stunning (what he done to mourinho must hurt) Ericsson a spurs player (good but not good enough) mata, na. De buyne maybe, not seen enough

its a no for me

You've forgot Bolaise :whistle:

All very good footballers and theres no wrong answer really, but id rather have Coutinho for us than against us, he's absolute class. The TV doesn't do him justice.

Off the ball he's so clever making space and to be fair Firmino is the same.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

its a no for me

I dont think I'd be changing the goalposts too much to suggest Firminho.

Today Coutinho was full of great touches and lovely "highlights package" stuff. Firminho, however, was the great all-rounder.

Beating Kaboul in the air regularly, great hold up play, scoring, setting up goals and tackling and pressuring every defender. Today was a great performance by him. The reason I think you could say he was a 10, is because he is playing a no. 7, 9 and 10 at the moment.

Hazard is the best no.10 going forward, but doesnt offer anything in a defensive element.

Costa is the best no.9 at the moment.

Edit: Just watching MOTD a few minutes behind and all of this was typed, before Shearer copied my words, after reading it on hear, obviously.;)

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pogba's goal ........................... WOW!

Fantastic technique.

Hitting under the ball, but not making it rise is one of the hardest shots to do - he pulled that off great, and putting it in the top corner also.
For 90m, he should have beaten 4 men first though.:whoo:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
All 15 of them?

I'll say one thing Chelsea seem the most balanced team out of the "contenders", can they win it with a 3-5-2 though as very effective now, but no-one has won the league playing it, and it does have some weaknesses, but none getting found out at the moment though. I think Chelsea have the players to play it though, so hats off to Conte to adapting the system to suit the right players.

Glad you said it, I'd have got pelted for that! :D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Must of been enough for Chelsea fans on Twitter and Faceache to mention it as well, sounding bitter Pete! Why does it matter to you? 

I think I have commented on the blues about 20% as much you have on the reds.

I just wonder why someone would say that they got a great ovation from an end that was 10% full. A bit sensitive?

D

Deleted member 16999

I think I have commented on the blues about 20% as much you have on the reds.

I just wonder why someone would say that they got a great ovation from an end that was 10% full. A bit sensitive?

Just confused, we got battered away and fans left, I can understand why, you's battered Watford at home to go top and the Kemlyn Rd was emptying with 10 minutes to go, some of your fans didn't even stay to congratulate your own team, you've commented more on us than you's this weekend, just wondered if you're getting a little bit obsessed?

Status
Not open for further replies.