And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Hate to say it, but Man Utd are playing some decent football this 2nd half!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
lack of depth in the Arsenal squad yet again on show tonight, take out the best 6 or 7 and the rest look very ordinary time after time yet get paid as if they are world beaters

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
lack of depth in the Arsenal squad yet again on show tonight, take out the best 6 or 7 and the rest look very ordinary time after time yet get paid as if they are world beaters

Clearly your reserves. But certainly a lot easier than sides we've face in the last in similar situations. Although that may also be down to us having a better team that I've seen back then.

Either way, happy to be through.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Clearly your reserves. But certainly a lot easier than sides we've face in the last in similar situations. Although that may also be down to us having a better team that I've seen back then.

Either way, happy to be through.

arguably a few from our current starting XI (Ramsey, Iwobi, Coquelin) but look very lightweight without the likes of Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Kos, etc certainly far from the depth in squad (mainly through hugely promising youngsters) that used to be one of Wengers great strengths

good luck in the rest of it, would happily see you win it

edit, think thats 3 years in this comp that we havent scored against let alone beaten prem opposition

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hate to say it, but Man Utd are playing some decent football this 2nd half!

They were excellent ................... but WHU were awful tonight.
Good to see Schweinsteiger getting a game and the West Ham keeper should have been off in the first couple of minutes for a shocking assault on Ibra.
I would call it a tackle, but the ball was already well gone ............. it was horrid.
United seemed to be enjoying themselves, for a change.
Mkhitaryan looked awesome tonight and Martial seemed to have a bit of zip once again.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They were excellent ................... but WHU were awful tonight.
Good to see Schweinsteiger getting a game and the West Ham keeper should have been off in the first couple of minutes for a shocking assault on Ibra.
I would call it a tackle, but the ball was already well gone ............. it was horrid.
United seemed to be enjoying themselves, for a change.
Mkhitaryan looked awesome tonight and Martial seemed to have a bit of zip once again.

Dont get what mourinho has against him. Last year in Germany he was up there as the best they (the league) had to offer.
Its like mourinho has to humiliate an attacking player. Strange that generally mata gets ahead of him. Nit that Mata isn't quality, just because of how he treated him at a Chelsea.

Pronabky the the best I've seen you all season other than against us in the second half.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
arguably a few from our current starting XI (Ramsey, Iwobi, Coquelin) but look very lightweight without the likes of Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Kos, etc certainly far from the depth in squad (mainly through hugely promising youngsters) that used to be one of Wengers great strengths

good luck in the rest of it, would happily see you win it

edit, think thats 3 years in this comp that we havent scored against let alone beaten prem opposition

Wenger uses the league cup to give fringe players a game I wouldn't read too much into lol.

And take 4 key players from any team in the world and see how different they would look.

Good luck to Soton , I second that.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-board-knew-of-sex-abuse-cover-up-x9kdpmvc5

Reporting that Chelsea knew about a cover up in Regards child sex abuse with coaches

Is it the first of a number of clubs

Whilst I appreciate it's a sensitive subject, should the term 'cover up' be used at this time?

It reads that the club, like many companies and individuals do, legally, agree to a settlement without admitting liability and draw up a confidentiality clause, this isn't an admission of guilt and is at times when it's simply 1 persons word against another the best way to settle something legally rather than dragging things through a court with no real winners or losers only to damage both individuals reputations (club & player) if there's no history, substance or evidence other than a single allegation, the only winners are the white collars representing both parties earning obscenes amount of money!

If there were no historic allegations made at or around the time of his employment so it was, as it seems to be currently, an isolated allegation then I can understand neither party wanting to be dragged through the courts and having the media circus in tow. However, if it turns out that there are more allegations being reported against him and further evidence (keyword) surfaces that it was known he was a predator, then yes, it's a 'cover up' and the club, but more so those directors at that time should be fined and asked to explain!

I'd say this for any club involved with only what we know at present, not just because its mine before someone jumps on that.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Reporting that ************** knew about a cover up in Regards child sex abuse with coaches

Lets face it,it could be any club, it doesnt matter.

If it was match fixing, ref-paying, dope-taking fair enough, have a go at the club, but this subject is nothing to do with one particular club, its a scourge on society.

D

Deleted member 15344

Lets face it,it could be any club, it doesnt matter.

If it was match fixing, ref-paying, dope-taking fair enough, have a go at the club, but this subject is nothing to do with one particular club, its a scourge on society.

Just to be clear - i wasn't "having a go at the club" because of who the club is - so far they are the only club that are being reported/accused of covering up at this moment in time and yes regardless of which club it is very disturbing

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to be clear - i wasn't "having a go at the club" because of who the club is - so far they are the only club that are being reported/accused of covering up at this moment in time and yes regardless of which club it is very disturbing

Who are you kidding?

I bet you couldn't wait to post this😷

D

Deleted member 15344

Who are you kidding?

I bet you couldn't wait to post this😷

Actually Sean no - this is issue is far too serious an issue to use for some petty point scoring exercise and i would hope im better than that as person to not even think about using it for that purpose to wind some fans up

Status
Not open for further replies.