And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Looked inept up front and rich for the picking on the break. This really is a poor squad Jose has got and he needs to lose the dead wood in January. Can't see United getting out the group on current form

They haven't got a poor squad at all, there's tons of quality throughout the whole squad. It's cost over £500m to assemble.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone care to shed any light on what's happening wi shrek. He has scored an absolute screamer and don't celebrate. Alls not well in Dulock.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They haven't got a poor squad at all, there's tons of quality throughout the whole squad. It's cost over £500m to assemble.

Certainly not playing like a squad costing that much. Where does the blame lie? Players under performing or Jose unable to mange them and tactically short (found out). They are struggling in the PL and Europe and hardly free scoring. Something seems wrong

D

Deleted member 16999

Certainly not playing like a squad costing that much. Where does the blame lie? Players under performing or Jose unable to mange them and tactically short (found out). They are struggling in the PL and Europe and hardly free scoring. Something seems wrong

Or people are over-reacting, new manager, new players, 8th in the PL only 8 points off top after only 10 games, 1/4 final of League Cup and still in Europe, maybe a little early to judge,

D

Deleted member 1740

I don't know but long may it continue :whoo: :rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
12 years ago , what's your point?

I'm talking modern history Pete and in the past couple of years French sides in the comp have been more than a match for English sides.

The point is that the top 3 French sides arent a match for the prem sides, and I'll even just go back 5 years.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well played Saints, thought they'd blown it when they missed the pen.

D

Deleted member 16999

Cheers, you and me both! And against one of the most inept refereeing displays. What exactly do the two muppets behind the goal line actually do?
Did you see the elbow on your player during the fracas in the box?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you see the elbow on your player during the fracas in the box?

Yeah, where did the yellow card come from? Thats either a red or he didn't see anything and its nothing. And we should have had a penalty at every corner, they were virtually playing rugby with VVD. Ah whatever, always a nice bit of karma when an own goal gets you the points after all that cheating:D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah, where did the yellow card come from? Thats either a red or he didn't see anything and its nothing. And we should have had a penalty at every corner, they were virtually playing rugby with VVD. Ah whatever, always a nice bit of karma when an own goal gets you the points after all that cheating:D

For some reason European refs allow Italian teams to get away with it more, as if to say "well they do it every week".

I'm not sure if the punishing for holding at corners was an Premier league directive and not a European one - bifurcation of the rules?

Good performance BTW:thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Was chuffed to get the win. We weren't anywhere near as good as we were in Italy IMO. But if we'd got 0 points from the two games would have been gutted.

Thiught the the one we got was the softest of our appeals if I'm honest, but how the 95 refs didn't give the red for the elbow I don't know.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched both the Utd and Southampton game and was quite shocked by the hounding of the ref by players.

The "respect" campaign has gone completely out the window and fines need to be administered.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watched both the Utd and Southampton game and was quite shocked by the hounding of the ref by players.

The "respect" campaign has gone completely out the window and fines need to be administered.

Again Tony, not sure if the recent clampdown is just a Premier league thing or a European one, although the UEFA "Respect" campaign has been running for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.