And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sounds like a good win for the Chelsea and me finks would be worth a sneaky tenner for the title.

But we're making way for yernited who apparently will rise like a Phoenix according to a bitter jealous gurner 😂😂

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Brilliant performance from Chelsea tonight, but it makes me wonder what Chelsea fans think of Hazard who had a great game tonight and got a good ovation when he come off.

This from a player that went missing when Chelsea needed him most and was a big factor getting Mourinho sacked, a manager most fans wanted to stay.

Curiously enough the Manchester United players have recently been accused of something similar by someone; indeed a Special someone. Seems to be a common factor then……….

Haven't seen Chelsea play that well in ages. My seat is almost directly in front of the TV studio. I turned round just after Hazard put the 4th in, Scholes & McManaman were both applauding whilst shaking their heads in disbelief. Bit lucky I suppose; after all, according to some on here Hazard is just a flat track bully………. :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
But we're making way for yernited who apparently will rise like a Phoenix according to a bitter jealous gurner 
B
was talking to some Italian friends in June time about this seasons premier league and the new managers. They said " underestimate Conta at your peril". They reckon he is the real deal.

D

Deleted member 15344

Only watched the first half and they were pretty good - impressed with Costa and the way he stayed calm after that studs up tackle on him. How the ref didn't even give a foul for that is unexplainable

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Only watched the first half and they were pretty good - impressed with Costa and the way he stayed calm after that studs up tackle on him. How the ref didn't even give a foul for that is unexplainable

What's really unexplainable Phil is how the Everton fans, in front of whom the incident occurred, sat fit to boo Costa for assaulting Coleman's studs with his shin. Should have been obvious it was a clear foul and the booing as if Costa had dived was out of order.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What's really unexplainable Phil is how the Everton fans, in front of whom the incident occurred, sat fit to boo Costa for assaulting Coleman's studs with his shin. Should have been obvious it was a clear foul and the booing as if Costa had dived was out of order.

Clear from the coverage that the challenge drew blood too. Poor challenge and deserved a booking. In fact I've seen reds for similar

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah I heard the booing and at first I thought it was Coleman how was being booed - can't understand how they could boo Costa , was clearly a foul - prob a yellow as it was late as opppsed to malicious ( but a red card wouldn't have been a wrong decision ). Thought when I saw that he was bleeding that he was off.

D

Deleted member 16999

We see things differently, you's were awesome tonight and if the Referee doesn't give a foul biased fans( were all guilty of that) see the opposition as feigning injury.
If that's what people pick out of a performance like that, I give up.
So much football to be admired and discussed and we compliment Costa's staying cool and a possible error by the Ref.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We see things differently, you's were awesome tonight and if the Referee doesn't give a foul biased fans( were all guilty of that) see the opposition as feigning injury.
So much football to be admired and discussed and we compliment Costa's staying cool and a possible error by the Ref.

They are talking points but I agree it shouldn't take away from a marvellous performance. By far the best I've seen for a few seasons. Costa did seem more disciplined today and wonder if that's the new manager working more effectively with him than the predecessors. Is it a good time for Everton to have a gap now, and regroup after the break or would you prefer another game quickly to get that game out of the season? Mind you Swansea at home is probably an ideal fixture

Blue in Munich

Visit site

I actually didn't pick it out Paul; Phil did and I commented on it from a different perspective. If there was any doubt about the level of contact then I'd quite understand it as Costa isn't exactly without previous on that front, but it was clear from 100 yards away that Coleman had taken him out & right in front of the very fans who then booed Costa. I'm sorry mate but there was no feigned injury there and if those booing thought there was then they don't need Specsavers, they need labradors and white sticks.

Given the amount of flak that Costa has received on here (a lot of it justified) for his hot-headedness, maybe the fact that he hasn't taken out the bloke that did him is worthy of comment.

My pick was the two ex-pros appreciation of just how good Hazard was.

D

Deleted member 16999

I actually didn't pick it out Paul; Phil did and I commented on it from a different perspective. If there was any doubt about the level of contact then I'd quite understand it as Costa isn't exactly without previous on that front, but it was clear from 100 yards away that Coleman had taken him out & right in front of the very fans who then booed Costa. I'm sorry mate but there was no feigned injury there and if those booing thought there was then they don't need Specsavers, they need labradors and white sticks.

Given the amount of flak that Costa has received on here (a lot of it justified) for his hot-headedness, maybe the fact that he hasn't taken out the bloke that did him is worthy of comment.

My pick was the two ex-pros appreciation of just how good Hazard was.
The response to yourself was more about the fans booing, what do you expect opposition fans to do when a player with previous goes down after a tackle and no foul is given? it was a hard tackle and the Ref wasn't 100 yds away and he didn't give a foul, I think we forget at times it's a contact sport.
Seen it mentioned on social media and BBC about the Everton fans applauding Chelsea off at the end.

Maybe Costa accepted it as a fair challenge were he come off second best.

The best way Costa answered was with his performance.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
The response to yourself was more about the fans booing, what do you expect opposition fans to do when a player with previous goes down after a tackle and no foul is given? it was a hard tackle and the Ref wasn't 100 yds away and he didn't give a foul, I think we forget at times it's a contact sport.
Seen it mentioned on social media and BBC about the Everton fans applauding Chelsea off at the end.

When it's obviously a dive then I fully expect them to boo; I'd be telling him in no uncertain terms to cut it out too.

The point is it clearly wasn't a dive & was right under their noses and under those circumstances I expect different. Maybe you had to be there to fully appreciate the nature of it.

D

Deleted member 16999

When it's obviously a dive then I fully expect them to boo; I'd be telling him in no uncertain terms to cut it out too.

The point is it clearly wasn't a dive & was right under their noses and under those circumstances I expect different. Maybe you had to be there to fully appreciate the nature of it.

Whether I was there or not is irrelevant, in the opinion of the only one that matters, the Ref, it wasn't a foul.

Regardless of that, best performance against us for a few years, some superb stuff and happy to discuss the actual football.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

The club who have a game in hand (v Hull) and who only got beat 3-0by Chelsea!:D
So if you win, you'll still be behind us? Probably best leave this one to the end of the season to see if he made the right decision.:whoo:

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you being serious ?

Coleman went over the ball and studs landed firmly on Costas ankle - the blood on the socks gave that away.

If that had happened to an Everton player then the teddies would be flying

It was a poor tackle that should have at the very least been a yellow and could have a been a red - the fact the ref was clueless to not see it doesn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.