And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tashy - I don't have BT so didn't see the match last night. What sort of player is Gundogan? I don't know much about him other than he is highly regarded. Is he a box to box player, defensive, attacking, a passer? Give me a low down.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tashy - I don't have BT so didn't see the match last night. What sort of player is Gundogan? I don't know much about him other than he is highly regarded. Is he a box to box player, defensive, attacking, a passer? Give me a low down.

He is the lot , brilliant player and getting him so cheap was a great deal. He had a really bad injury last season so that obviously put teams off as he was looking to go for £40mil plus a year or so back

Seems like Danny Ings is out for the season again gutted for him as he was just back from a season out last year

U

User62651

What a night, what a fantastic night. champs league has finally arrived at the emptyhad. First half just felt like city were giving Barca far to much respect and it was screaming for a simple ball over the top. The ref was dire proper dire. Second half was just wow, and emphasised what I said earlier in this blog that City can at times play some of the best football I have seen. The first half showed the worst of City.
Cheers Pep.
Agree with this summation, watched the game and a bit like last yr v Madrid they were too respectful early on, amazing how much confidence and zip the equalizing first goal gave City, was like watching 2 different teams either side of that goal. Apprently Messi had a falling out with a city player in the tunnel, good - those Barca primadonnas need a reality check sometimes, Barca looked pretty ordinary last night. Hopefully a club from outwith Spain can win ECL this year, Man City and Arsenal must have a decent shout of winning this year, Bayern will figure as usual. Tottenham and Leicester should qualify but cant see them going further than last 8, Celtic have done ok in a tough group but wont qualify for either ECL or Europa league I think given their remaining fixtures.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm really gutted for Danny Ings.
No youngster deserves the run of bad luck he seems to be in.
I genuinely wish him a full and speedy recovery :thup:.

D

Deleted member 18588

I'm really gutted for Danny Ings.
No youngster deserves the run of bad luck he seems to be in.
I genuinely wish him a full and speedy recovery :thup:.

Football is a great way to make your living but it can also be very cruel.

Rhoys Wiggins joined Birmingham on loan from Bournemouth on Deadline Day. His career had been a little stop/start recently and he had to wait for his chance at Blues due to the improved form of another.

Finally, due to a suspension, he got his first start on Sunday and looked really good. Then just before the end he tried a shot and clashed knees accidentally with a Villa player. Now looks like being out for a very long time, just when he had got a chance.

Like I say it can be very cruel.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

LP has said it quite well. Thing is when you first saw Gundogan you knew he was of the same ilk has De Bryune. He really is that good. His energy levels just seem astounding. Cool as a cucumber in front of goal.
that team he picked last night. The midfield and up front is the nucleus of our team for a few season. The back four no way with the exception of Stones. For a team that want to build from the back, that will be peps priority in the coming transfer windows. What with Jesus coming in January who is rated alongside Neymar, the future is looking good at City.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Went to watch Stoke on Monday night for the first time this season.

Average performance first half but hit the post 3 times.

Brilliant 2nd half, stepped it up a notch and were a different class at times.

What a steal Joe Allen is too, the man is an absolute machine.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
City are a conundrum. They can be brilliant at times like the second half last night but can also be laboured and short of ideas the next week. I think Pepe will get it right by the end of the season and they will be stronger next year with some players going and the cheque book being waved again

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Ben Davies stands up like a man instead of turning his back like a girl then Leverkusen do not score there.

The players today are real pansies they really are.

D

Deleted member 15344

Is Delle Ali the biggest diver , prime Donna crybaby in the Prem ? Constantly throwing himself to the ground and then throwing tantrums when he doesn't get the foul after his clear dive ?

Is he the English Ronaldo minus 70% of the playing ability

And still will never understand how Walker gets picked ahead of Clyne for England - Walker is just a headless chicken with no end product or footballing brain

And Spurs fans booing and the final whistle ?! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

Disappointing night in Europe after last nights good results.

D

Deleted member 16999

Spurs suffering from Wembley syndrome. It doesn't feel like home ( because it isn't) and i am sure the away team raise their game as well.
Certainly agree it lifts the away team, definitely backfiring at the moment.

D

Deleted member 1740

Spurs suffering from Wembley syndrome. It doesn't feel like home ( because it isn't) and i am sure the away team raise their game as well.

The result isn't down to "Wembley syndrome" more the case of a very inexperienced side and manager. European football is another step up from PL football and they're struggling.

D

Deleted member 16999

The result isn't down to "Wembley syndrome" more the case of a very inexperienced side and manager. European football is another step up from PL football and they're struggling.
As a Club they've played in Europe in 9 of the last 10 seasons, so not completely inexperienced, but agreed some players will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.