And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Noticed on MOTD the WBA v Man City game had an awful lot of empty seats, would have thought Guardiola and Man C would be a major draw for the home fans even if they lose?

Prices/disinterest/time of day - what's t'reason, would have thought they're bought and paid for season tickets seats anyway aren't they? As a neutral, of any teams in the EPL Man City or Liverpool would be my choice to watch currently.

They have been "Pullissed"?

I would think that most clubs would have 20% of fans who subjected to that type of football, wouldn't bother, but would return again if they got someone else in.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think you'll find any Chelsea supporter who understood that one.

Do you think Jose wanted to make a mark to say "I'm back, and I'm the boss".

I'm sure Mata was feeling very good about himself as had had a cracking season the year before, player of the year etc.

It wouldnt surprise me if Jose wanted to pick an early fight and maybe seen Mata being full of himself a little bit and thought .......right, son......

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It also does say everything about Jose though, "I'm the big man". Only ever heard good things about Mata.

Where is Stokie? He should be on here enjoying himself. The Stoke wagon is rolling on.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seems like the Germans have a sense of humour after all, when they played Celtic the other week a pub put the game on the telly but could not spell the teams name. After several weak attempts they wrote " A German Team" Borrusia Monchengladbach found this funny and ordered 2000 scarves with a German team wrote on them. They have sold out so ordered some more :whoo:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Do you think Jose wanted to make a mark to say "I'm back, and I'm the boss".

I'm sure Mata was feeling very good about himself as had had a cracking season the year before, player of the year etc.

It wouldnt surprise me if Jose wanted to pick an early fight and maybe seen Mata being full of himself a little bit and thought .......right, son......

I really don't know mate. He did it first time round with Joe Cole, who I could possibly see as being a bit full of himself, but Mata? Mata was like another Zola, heard nothing but good about him, and was absolutely loved by the fans. The reception he gets despite coming back in a United shirt should say everything about the esteem he is held in down here. If he wants rid again we'd be happy to make space……..

Obviously we'll never know but that goes against everything people say about Mata. Humble, hard working etc.

This ^^^

D

Deleted member 16999

Great results for all the British teams in CL tonight, really enjoyed the City match.

D

Deleted member 16999

I said to the wife at HT, there's gaps in the Barca defence if they press high and be bold. She ignored me and carried on watching Cold Feet.
No pleasing some people mate, :rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I really don't know mate. He did it first time round with Joe Cole, who I could possibly see as being a bit full of himself, but Mata? Mata was like another Zola, heard nothing but good about him, and was absolutely loved by the fans. The reception he gets despite coming back in a United shirt should say everything about the esteem he is held in down here. If he wants rid again we'd be happy to make space……..

This ^^^

To be honest, it was more of a question than an answer.

I dont know Mata, and he doesnt seem like a billy big boots, but from the outside it was a strange decision for Jose to get rid of him, so always leads to speculation as to why.

Ill-informed, wild, baseless speculation by some......:D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
To be honest, it was more of a question than an answer.

I dont know Mata, and he doesnt seem like a billy big boots, but from the outside it was a strange decision for Jose to get rid of him, so always leads to speculation as to why.

Ill-informed, wild, baseless speculation by some......:D

Jose was always tough on players that didn't track back if they lost possession and stopped, I think at the time Mata ticked that box, although he could be excused IMO for being like that as his overall contribution was still excellent when it mattered. He's offloaded a few that shouldn't haven't gone either at a critical time with no real replacement or simply shouldn't have gone period! I think he's always looking for the perfect fit but at times you have to offset some players slight imperfections because of what they offer elsewhere when it matters, Mata ticked that box IMO and should never have left, same as Schürrle.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good performance from City and Arsenal. The latter seem to be showing far more resilience this season which may bode well for their PL bid and they may even get past the first knockout stage in the CL. Some free kick by De Bruyne too.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What a night, what a fantastic night. champs league has finally arrived at the emptyhad. First half just felt like city were giving Barca far to much respect and it was screaming for a simple ball over the top. The ref was dire proper dire. Second half was just wow, and emphasised what I said earlier in this blog that City can at times play some of the best football I have seen. The first half showed the worst of City.
Cheers Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.