And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Considering West Ham got the ground on the cheap, cutting corners on policing / stewarding is inexcusable. They have a duty of care to their customers, fans, and at the moment they are failing with this. By all accounts segregation is non existent as it was not built with that in mind.

Agree with the above.

Then again, segregation should not be an issue if the people attending were not idiots.

Maybe, but like if you build a nightclub - you cant not have bouncers, and trust people until they do act violently, you have to cater the security arrangements based on how some people act in nightclubs. West Ham FC seem to be closing their eyes, crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. Negligent.

You are right of course, it is just a shame. I was at the Sunderland v Everton game a few weeks ago. Both sets of supporters mingled outside the ground. I was in the Sunderland section but right next to the Everton fans. No abuse or anger in either direction. How it should be. It is just disappointing that we are going down that road again.

Someone mentioned a safety licence a little earlier, it may have been you. The threat of withdrawing that should focus their minds.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You are right of course, it is just a shame. I was at the Sunderland v Everton game a few weeks ago. Both sets of supporters mingled outside the ground. I was in the Sunderland section but right next to the Everton fans. No abuse or anger in either direction. How it should be. It is just disappointing that we are going down that road again.

Someone mentioned a safety licence a little earlier, it may have been you. The threat of withdrawing that should focus their minds.

Yep, it was me.

If WH fans were causing trouble the club can only do so much, in real terms.

However. on this occasion they seem to be doing the bare minimum, or even less. It was a stadium built for a family orientated Olympics. I don't know how much changes they have done, but segregation of football fans is still a must, as is having police in and around the stadium. These things are basics.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, it was me.

If WH fans were causing trouble the club can only do so much, in real terms.

However. on this occasion they seem to be doing the bare minimum, or even less. It was a stadium built for a family orientated Olympics. I don't know how much changes they have done, but segregation of football fans is still a must, as is having police in and around the stadium. These things are basics.

apparently due to radio air wave problems there will be no Police presence inside the ground until at least February unless any criminal offences occur and they are called.

D

Deleted member 15344

Again listening to the phone ins on the way home it's the same message being said by West Ham fans

- it's our culture against our rivals

- it's being blown out of proportion

-it's only being highlighted by the media when it's us

Total denial

They are trying to do everything on the cheap and right now they are ruining the legacy of the Olympics with their actions - the club did nothing after the Man Utd bus got smashed up , done nothing since the issues at Watford - they don't deserve that stadium so they should have the lease removed

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Again listening to the phone ins on the way home it's the same message being said by West Ham fans

Total denial

They are trying to do everything on the cheap and right now they are ruining the legacy of the Olympics with their actions - the club did nothing after the Man Utd bus got smashed up , done nothing since the issues at Watford - they don't deserve that stadium so they should have the lease removed

of all of the things that have happened since West Ham moved to there new ground, there has been one common denominator. West Ham fans.
There is one way to sort out this mess. Tell the owners of West Ham that if they cannot sort out there fans they will play the rest of the season behind closed doors.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Total denial

of all of the things that have happened since West Ham moved to there new ground, there has been one common denominator. West Ham fans.
There is one way to sort out this mess. Tell the owners of West Ham that if they cannot sort out there fans they will play the rest of the season behind closed doors.

Spot on. Or start deducting points. The club would soon start to take action against those idiots then.

Why anyone would go to the match wanting to kick off is beyond me. You're not "hard" because you do it, they only ever do it in big groups or when they know they can't be got at.

Thick moronic idiots.

Bogie Laird

Visit site
The stadium was not designed to accommodate football fans,and as a result is not fit for purpose, we had 5,200 supporters there last night and only 8 turnstiles available for them to gain access, the result of this, 300 fans were still queuing to get in as half time approached. The segregation outside the ground was non existent. If organising a football match was a task on The Apprentice, Ms Brady would have got the pointy finger. Unless the management take immediate action to rectify their appalling security issues, I think this situation will deteriorate further during the season, Chelsea still have to return to face them in the PL, and there are a lot more potential flashpoints on the horizon .

Tashyboy

Visit site
there are not many clubs that have gone to new grounds and hit the floor running. e.g. City, arsenal, Derby,Sunderland, Leicester etc etc. But West Hams probs are all to do with violence. Nothing to do at all with settling in. The only way west ham will learn is to hit the in the pocket. 8 yr old girls being hit with coins, disgusting. attacking team buses, disgusting.
The FA need to act and act soon

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Easy with hindsight but for first season at least, only the previous season ticket holders [with a record of good conduct] should have been able to get tickets for new venue... Rather than put them on general sale... My family not happy with their club being dragged through the mire..

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Easy with hindsight but for first season at least, only the previous season ticket holders [with a record of good conduct] should have been able to get tickets for new venue... Rather than put them on general sale... My family not happy with their club being dragged through the mire..

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. Who would move into a massive new stadium and then ban new fans from coming in? It would be half empty!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just gets worse for West Ham

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2920...o-sing?utm_referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

Still nothing condemning the actions from the club

From the editorial within the link.

West Ham "unreservedly" condemned the actions of sections of supporters swiftly after the game.

This was always going to happen, there had been trouble at every home game leading up to this fixture and it was widely known that segregation was poor if not almost non-existent. Away fans often found themselves in wrong areas of the ground due to poor signs and communication with the ability to almost walk around it once in, so through no fault of themselves are then set upon. This problem is then exaggerated when you can buy tickets so openly on general sale as this ground is far too big for West Ham!

Obviously if there can be trouble against much lower profile clubs at every home game, and there was, to then not address and put in place far greater segregation for a much high profile match with loads of history is nothing short of incompetence!

Sometimes I wonder if these situations are honey traps!?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just gets worse for West Ham

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2920...o-sing?utm_referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

Still nothing condemning the actions from the club

I disagree as the club has been very firm in its stance about banning fans and assisting the police with their enquiries. Not sure what else they can do.

Given the nature of the game and the previous trouble I think they need to be more robust in the way the stadium is segregated but in all honesty it was never designed as a football venue.

When there are idiots distributing sick leaflets before the game, there is an inherent core that will seek to cause trouble. West Ham aren't alone in that and to be fair, no club seems that interested in cutting out the mindless minority that infects it.

Definitely wrong to say West Ham haven't condemned the actions. They did so the same evening. Doing something more tangible than that would seem a bigger ask

Tashyboy

Visit site

The thing is though Steve, that when City extended the emptyhad, they did there homework and asked fans if they would be interested in season tickets. They got the response they were looking for. The fact they advertised season tickets at £299 helped massively. There has been no trouble what so ever. The same can be said for all the other teams that have moved to bigger grounds. The fact that West Ham have banned 200 fans is not enough. If they have proof that they have been causing trouble, the identities of those people should be passed onto the police.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site

West Ham "unreservedly" condemned the actions of sections of supporters swiftly after the game.

This was always going to happen, there had been trouble at every home game leading up to this fixture and it was widely known that segregation was poor if not almost non-existent. Away fans often found themselves in wrong areas of the ground due to poor signs and communication with the ability to almost walk around it once in, so through no fault of themselves are then set upon. This problem is then exaggerated when you can buy tickets so openly on general sale as this ground is far too big for West Ham!

Obviously if there can be trouble against much lower profile clubs at every home game, and there was, to then not address and put in place far greater segregation for a much high profile match with loads of history is nothing short of incompetence!

I think you could be right. To let everyone out at the same time is literally "asking for it" and both sides don't need a second invitation.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

No small number of them looking for trouble outside Stamford Bridge after their away league fixture as well. I know that every club has its idiots, but West Ham seem by far the worst of the London clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.