And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Rumours that Bailly could be out for a long spell. We already needed one CB in January, as that embarrassing showing from Chris Smalling proved (I made him at fault for every goal to some degree) but now we may need two... Yikes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Rumours that Bailly could be out for a long spell. We already needed one CB in January, as that embarrassing showing from Chris Smalling proved (I made him at fault for every goal to some degree) but now we may need two... Yikes.

Without stating the obvious, you need more than a couple of centre backs to sort out that shower at the moment.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Maureen tryng to deflect from a terrible performance with all that Conte trying to humiliate him rubbish, no Maureen your team did that not Conte.

Was thinking earlier on how managers such as Klopp, Conte, Pep, Koeman, Billic, Wenger, Howe, the guy at saints and prob a few others have given there teams an identity playing good football. Not for one min did I think about putting Maureen in that bracket along with Moyes and Van Gaul, so what's goin off at Utd coz it's just not happening. 😁

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
A game against Man Utd???

Well they have that on Wednesday night so that should be City's inability to win sorted... but they can't play us every week so what happens when the next team who realise that putting any pressure on City's back line causes them to make myriad mistakes?

U

User62651

Was well publicised this summer that there is a total dearth of good centre backs at present, they're like gold dust, Morgan and Huth at Leicester were about the best of them last season, for those of a certain age can you imagine how much someone of Des Walker's ability would be worth in this day and age. Every one of the top sides in EPL seems to have a weakness at centre back positions. Where are the next generation of Rio Ferdinands, Sammi Hypia's, John Terry's?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
There's zero reason for Soton to sell to us, but if I was Mourinho I'd try to lure Jose Fonte to Man Utd for a couple of seasons. I think he could steady the ship.

D

Deleted member 16999

Was well publicised this summer that there is a total dearth of good centre backs at present, they're like gold dust, Morgan and Huth at Leicester were about the best of them last season, for those of a certain age can you imagine how much someone of Des Walker's ability would be worth in this day and age. Every one of the top sides in EPL seems to have a weakness at centre back positions. Where are the next generation of Rio Ferdinands, Sammi Hypia's, John Terry's?
Ashley Williams is one of our best signings in recent years.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There's zero reason for Soton to sell to us, but if I was Mourinho I'd try to lure Jose Fonte to Man Utd for a couple of seasons. I think he could steady the ship.

I think that transfer depends on how much fonte pushes. As quality as he is, with his age. We aren't gonna get the blockbuster fees we have for others. So as you say, no reason to sell unless with have a player kicking off. We need to keep him really as he seems to get better year on year and can play with anyone. Not sure how long his partner will be with us though.

Tashyboy

Visit site
A game against Man Utd???

Again 😁.
Thing is as a City fan I am not worried one bit. As a City fan, without stating e obvious, players like Kolarov, Zabaleta, otamendi etc are playing for moves elsewhere. In some instances before the end of the season. Pep knows that and so do the fans, I suspect so do some of the players inc Toure.
As a Utd fan, they are still the best team in the world with the best manager and team in the world. Unfortunately at the mo, they are not the best team in Manchester never mind England.
As a City fan, top of the league and not winning, if we are not doing it right what about the rest of the league. Happy days ahead for City. Can Utd say the same.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

But has that something to do with the FA's instruction to ref's to clamp down on the shirt pulling? I heard Ranieri saying that whereas his defenders played on the edge of legality last year, this year they can't risk it

D

Deleted member 15344

Good game tonight - enjoyed it

A good amount of talented young English players on the pitch and every one of them held their own - impressed again with Stewart and Alex-Arnold was superb

Decent win and into the hat for the next round

The ref though again was shocking

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Good game tonight - enjoyed it

A good amount of talented young English players on the pitch and every one of them held their own - impressed again with Stewart and Alex-Arnold was superb

Decent win and into the hat for the next round

The ref though again was shocking

Was a very entertaining game. Seems all the players have started to play the same way (across all liverpools age ranges). Will be interesting to see if they continue onwards towards a final with youth and perform well against a full team.

Status
Not open for further replies.