And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
And that's the 3rd goal we needed to kill it off, and even Jose sarcastically clapped it 😂😂😂

Sean, your mine all mine tomorrow 👍

Still above you mate so it won't be that bad thinking about it. :)

Utd ? Dear oh dear what a shower today.

I still believe though that they will come good and finish top 4. I know that they are getting thrashed here but it's not really a game that they would have expected to win.

D

Deleted member 16999

Still above you mate so it won't be that bad thinking about it. :)

Utd ? Dear oh dear what a shower today.

I still believe though that they will come good and finish top 4. I know that they are getting thrashed here but it's not really a game that they would have expected to win.
For Utd to finish Top 4 who do you see dropping back? I reckon the top 5 now are the only real challengers for the title.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great point for Soton today.

I like the look of Puel he is looking the real deal. He obviously learnt a lot from Wenger when they were at Monaco together. ;-)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Oh, and Luiz is a horrid thug ................ great hair though!

He was the last time he played for them. Nothing has changed. Very poor United and Mourinho has a very hard job to turn that shambles around to get top four and it won't happen this season. I can see lots of comings and goings in January but they looked disjointed and the system they played, certainly today, didn't seem to work

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just need to check this. Were you drinking when you added Rooney to this list? Why would you add Rooney to a list of players that stayed loyal to a club and didn't look to jump. Rooney moved through the Everton junior system and then jumped to Utd, anyone but Utd blimey. Every few years at Utd he threatens to leave until his contract is bumped up. Clear as you like, more money or I go. Rooney will retire and no fans will love him in the way they love the other players on your list. Incidentally, throw Alan Shearer into that mix. Ask him if he would swap titles with Utd for the years and adoration from his home support? He wouldn't blink in answering no. He is still worshipped for that loyalty, Rooney will not have that.

As a pro you make that choice, if you are lucky. It's a short career and it is up to each individual. 10-20-30 years after you are finished it must be pretty nice though, going back to your old club and having people happy to see you still. That has to be worth something more than just rattling around in your mansion counting your money.

Are you sure about that statement? "Every few years at Utd he threatens to leave until his contract is bumped up".

As I understood it, it was a time at United when Rooney thought more players were needed to be brought in. At a meeting with Alex Ferguson he was assured that would happen, and of course his agent negotiated more money for Rooney - and for himself of course. It was one occasion, not every few years as you mentioned.

Where is Rooney now? Still at United and still playing for England with no talk of retiring from International football.

To me that is loyalty.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was the last time he played for them. Nothing has changed. Very poor United and Mourinho has a very hard job to turn that shambles around to get top four and it won't happen this season. I can see lots of comings and goings in January but they looked disjointed and the system they played, certainly today, didn't seem to work

But they had more possession, more shots, more corners, more passes, higher % pass success, more touches in opposition penalty area .......................... 4-0 is just weird.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
But they had more possession, more shots, more corners, more passes, higher % pass success, more touches in opposition penalty area .......................... 4-0 is just weird.

I agree if you look at the stats, 4-0 looks just plain wrong. However I think Chelsea clearly led them on and Conte had his tactics spot on. I really don't see anything in the United side this season that makes me think Mourinho can get them into the top four

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree if you look at the stats, 4-0 looks just plain wrong. However I think Chelsea clearly led them on and Conte had his tactics spot on. I really don't see anything in the United side this season that makes me think Mourinho can get them into the top four

It can change again next week, Utd can beat Burnley at home at the teams above Utd can all lose given the fixtures.

Mourinho will sort things out eventually I am confident of that.

D

Deleted member 16999

Are you sure about that statement? "Every few years at Utd he threatens to leave until his contract is bumped up".

As I understood it, it was a time at United when Rooney thought more players were needed to be brought in. At a meeting with Alex Ferguson he was assured that would happen, and of course his agent negotiated more money for Rooney - and for himself of course. It was one occasion, not every few years as you mentioned.

Where is Rooney now? Still at United and still playing for England with no talk of retiring from International football.

To me that is loyalty.

IMG_3777.jpg :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

For Utd to finish Top 4 who do you see dropping back? I reckon the top 5 now are the only real challengers for the title.

I see you've not mentioned your defeat to burnley, is everything OK?:smirk:

D

Deleted member 16999

I see you've not mentioned your defeat to burnley, is everything OK?:smirk:
Have you had a beer soft lad, mentioned it 2 minutes after the game finished if you want to check back :whoo:
Unlike you lot who took 2 days :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

Have you had a beer soft lad, mentioned it 2 minutes after the game finished if you want to check back :whoo:
Unlike you lot who took 2 days :rofl:

Only a couple like, just glad you've not forgotten, though to say ou were robbed is poor form.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Maureen tryng to deflect from a terrible performance with all that Conte trying to humiliate him rubbish, no Maureen your team did that not Conte.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.