Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
A poor city display
A poor referee
Pogbas best game for Utd.
Utd deserved winners

Guardiola winless in 6 , if he wants to play like Barcelona he has a long way to go with this lot.

Pleased for Mourinho actually , i think this is the real Utd whereas the defeat against Chelsea was a bit of a freak result.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Excellent win by Hammers against a Chelsea team that only sent the big guns on after 65 or so mins. Shame about the last second 'clean sheet destroyer', but that might kick start WH's Home Game performance - which I've always thought would be a problem this season!

D

Deleted member 15344

Guardiola winless in 6 , if he wants to play like Barcelona he has a long way to go with this lot.

Pleased for Mourinho actually , i think this is the real Utd whereas the defeat against Chelsea was a bit of a freak result.

Did you watch the game ?

City played a bunch of reserves or kids or people returning from injury where as Utd had a very strong side out

And even then it seemed a helping hand from the ref was needed - they were shocking and if that's the real Utd then mid table would be a good finish for them

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure how high the EFL cup was on Pep's list of priorities and that was shown by the starting line up. Thought United were poor and did little to break them down.

Disappointing to see the scenes at West Ham despite a massive police presence and some issues inside and out of the stadium that clearly need addressing quickly. I hope the culprits are picked out and dealt with

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you watch the game ?

City played a bunch of reserves or kids or people returning from injury where as Utd had a very strong side out

And even then it seemed a helping hand from the ref was needed - they were shocking and if that's the real Utd then mid table would be a good finish for them

Take away Chelsea drubbing last week and Utd have looked OK. Of course they are not the finished article yet but they could have been on the end of another 4 nil defeat tonight but they weren't.

It's not pretty and it's not the Utd way (although they played well in patches) but getting back to clean sheets is the basis to which to build from. Pretty sure Utd fans are happy with any kind of win against their local rivals and Pep would have wanted a win to break their winless run.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As a City fan you have to try and look for positives ( not excuses ) from last nights game.
Maffeo at right back was excellent.
Ineacho is not a serious threat to Aguero, could well be City's super sub. To one footed.
Kompany has been told to listen to his body and be honest when he cannot play.Saying he was tired for the second half could well confirm that. He may well play a good bit more.
Kolarov and Otamendia days are numbered.
Pep will have noticedall of that and then some.

what has happened to Luke Shaw, I know he has had a serious injury but he looked a shadow of the player that ripped City to bits when playing for Saints a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 15344

Take away Chelsea drubbing last week and Utd have looked OK. Of course they are not the finished article yet but they could have been on the end of another 4 nil defeat tonight but they weren't.

It's not pretty and it's not the Utd way (although they played well in patches) but getting back to clean sheets is the basis to which to build from. Pretty sure Utd fans are happy with any kind of win against their local rivals and Pep would have wanted a win to break their winless run.

Looking "ok" isn't exactly what Man Utd fans prob expect

They played a full strength team last night against a very much weakened City team and got by in the end but didn't see many shoots of improvements - Ibrahimovic hasn't scored now for a while and believe it's his worst run in his career ( prob one move too much but will earn millions ) , Pogba still nowhere near dominating games like he should , Rashford looking a shadow of the player that burst onto the scene last year , lost their one strong CB for a couple of months , the best player in the German league last year seems to not be worthy of a game , missing their other bright quick striker in Martial and then there is the Rooney issue plus the manager being miserable as sin at the moment

It's hard to look for many positives to grab for Man Utd beyond De Gea - I can't see how they are going to get anywhere near a top four spot at the moment.

On a different subject I see there was more violence at West Ham again

Listening to 5live this morning and A spokesman from West Supporters Group was pretty much trying to blame everyone else bar their own fans , saying that the media are blowing it all out of proportion - despite a young girl getting a nice cut on her forehead from a thrown pound coin - apparently there isn't an issue at the new stadium yet so far this season 57 fans have been banned from the stadium for life before last night with more arrested - there is clearly a big issue with the new stadium and a portion of inbreds visiting it - strong action should be taken , soon will have to ban fans from watching. It appears the greed of West Ham had clouded any judgement in regards the move from Upton Park

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Pep out. Can't even beat a woeful Man Utd team. Was that the sixth game in a row they've gone 1-0 down? No wins in forever?

Shockingly bad for a man on so much money with so much talent at his disposal.

/irony

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking "ok" isn't exactly what Man Utd fans prob expect

They played a full strength team last night against a very much weakened City team and got by in the end but didn't see many shoots of improvements - Ibrahimovic hasn't scored now for a while and believe it's his worst run in his career ( prob one move too much but will earn millions ) , Pogba still nowhere near dominating games like he should , Rashford looking a shadow of the player that burst onto the scene last year , lost their one strong CB for a couple of months , the best player in the German league last year seems to not be worthy of a game , missing their other bright quick striker in Martial and then there is the Rooney issue plus the manager being miserable as sin at the moment

It's hard to look for many positives to grab for Man Utd beyond De Gea - I can't see how they are going to get anywhere near a top four spot at the moment.

On a different subject I see there was more violence at West Ham again

Listening to 5live this morning and A spokesman from West Supporters Group was pretty much trying to blame everyone else bar their own fans , saying that the media are blowing it all out of proportion - despite a young girl getting a nice cut on her forehead from a thrown pound coin - apparently there isn't an issue at the new stadium yet so far this season 57 fans have been banned from the stadium for life before last night with more arrested - there is clearly a big issue with the new stadium and a portion of inbreds visiting it - strong action should be taken , soon will have to ban fans from watching. It appears the greed of West Ham had clouded any judgement in regards the move from Upton Park

Unfair to lay he blame all on West Ham fans. Chelsea fans were throwing coins from up above I believe.

Both sets of fans have been on the radio this morning trying to blame everything other than themselves

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only watched the second half, Bake Off took priority. City reserves v Utd 1st team, mmmmmmm. Otamendi was awful, headless. City have bought some terrible CH for big money and whoever bought him and Managala should be leaving the room. City have some nice back up players but none were hammering the door down to get picked. As a reserve team the signs are good though, introduce the odd one into an already strong team and you will be okay. Boy, do you need to keep Aguero fit though.

Utd are still deeply unattractive to watch, Pogba may need the whole season to settle in, Zlatan is clearly no longer the player he once was. Their goal followed a near rugby tackle by Herrera but then I didn't see a City shot on target so they didn't deserve it either.

All in all a typical EFL Cup match, yawn. Even pouty face winning the Bake Off, so annoying, was better than that. I'll not bother watching the QF, I'll read a book.

West Ham - Chelsea, what the heck is happening at the ground? Is there a fight every game? They seem to have time warped back to the 70's. Maybe West Ham will use some of the money they saved being gifted this stadium to sorting out the problem, either structurally or in terms of policing.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfair to lay he blame all on West Ham fans. Chelsea fans were throwing coins from up above I believe.

Both sets of fans have been on the radio this morning trying to blame everything other than themselves

Why do one group have to retaliate? If they really wanted to "beat" the opposition fans they should stay still, not retaliate and hand all evidence to the stewards and police. The guilty fans could then be punished accordingly.
Of course that is to sensible, and just reinforces the difference between football "fans" and those at say rugby matches.
just as in prison, everyone says their innocent.

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
While Man Utd were poor in the first half they were very good in the second.

Had quite a few free flowing moves and could have won by a couple more. Pogba shot that was saved on to the post was a great team move. Also Ibra had a great chance after a great ball in from Rashford.

While it wasn't City's strongest team they still had Clichy, Otamendi, Kompany, Fernando, Nolito, Sane, Iheanacho and Navas. While bringing on Sterling, Aguero and Kolarov. It was hardly an inexperienced team they had out. Many of these players will feature a fair bit this season.

U

User62651

Mourinho keeps talking about resting Ibrahimovic given his age to get the best out of him but he contradicts that by making him play 90 minutes what seems like every match. Guy needs a rest.

Pogba is not looking worth the money so far, decent but not standing out imo. Expected big things given his Juve form last couple years.

MU Look like a collection of talented individuals but got gelling into a real team for me.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I don't want to get involved in who was to blame, as I wasn't there, but anyone with any sense would know that this was a flashpoint game.

However, how can the local council keep giving the ground a licence, based on this years events? There has been trouble/arrests at virtually every game, and most a lot less high profile.

From what I have read, the segregation is poor and they are trying to get away with stewarding/policing on the cheap.

West Ham, the local council, the police and the FA need to have a long look at themselves.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I only watched the second half, Bake Off took priority. City reserves v Utd 1st team, mmmmmmm. Otamendi was awful, headless. City have bought some terrible CH for big money and whoever bought him and Managala should be leaving the room. City have some nice back up players but none were hammering the door down to get picked. As a reserve team the signs are good though, introduce the odd one into an already strong team and you will be okay. Boy, do you need to keep Aguero fit though.

Utd are still deeply unattractive to watch, Pogba may need the whole season to settle in, Zlatan is clearly no longer the player he once was. Their goal followed a near rugby tackle by Herrera but then I didn't see a City shot on target so they didn't deserve it either.

All in all a typical EFL Cup match, yawn. Even pouty face winning the Bake Off, so annoying, was better than that. I'll not bother watching the QF, I'll read a book.

West Ham - Chelsea, what the heck is happening at the ground? Is there a fight every game? They seem to have time warped back to the 70's. Maybe West Ham will use some of the money they saved being gifted this stadium to sorting out the problem, either structurally or in terms of policing.

I didn't see the "highlights" of bake off, but I heard there was much sweating, much will I get done in time, and much just about got it done in time, and I strayed 2 seconds over the time limit......... was I right?;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Considering West Ham got the ground on the cheap, cutting corners on policing / stewarding is inexcusable. They have a duty of care to their customers, fans, and at the moment they are failing with this. By all accounts segregation is non existent as it was not built with that in mind. Then again, segregation should not be an issue if the people attending were not idiots.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Considering West Ham got the ground on the cheap, cutting corners on policing / stewarding is inexcusable. They have a duty of care to their customers, fans, and at the moment they are failing with this. By all accounts segregation is non existent as it was not built with that in mind.

Agree with the above.

Then again, segregation should not be an issue if the people attending were not idiots.

Maybe, but like if you build a nightclub - you cant not have bouncers, and trust people until they do act violently, you have to cater the security arrangements based on how some people act in nightclubs. West Ham FC seem to be closing their eyes, crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. Negligent.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't see the "highlights" of bake off, but I heard there was much sweating, much will I get done in time, and much just about got it done in time, and I strayed 2 seconds over the time limit......... was I right?;)

They were level going into the final bake. It was a batch bake challenge, 4 x 12 mini items plus one big cake. Obviously time was going to be tight but no worse than any other occasion. Jane messed a couple of hers, the door was open for Andrew but he blew 3 of his. Candice basically had to avoid any mistakes rather than having to be brilliant. She did avoid mistakes, she wasn't brilliant but she won. The others lost it rather than she won it. Not a great standard this year, okay but not top notch.

I had Andrew in the office sweep so I was disappointed there but even more annoyed that old pouty face won. So irritating :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.