And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Henderson talking about protecting the centre half's, we were playing Malta for christ sake!
Will someone on the panel lose their patience and be honest, it was shocking!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Henderson talking about protecting the centre half's, we were playing Malta for christ sake!
Will someone on the panel lose their patience and be honest, it was shocking!

Panelists are a waste of time, just a bunch of yes men who just sit on the fence.
They need Chris Waddle on the TV more but he ain't pc enough.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I didn't see tonight's match, but the selection of the squad seems to be based on who you play for and reputation, rather than actual current form.

Having watched Leicester a few times this season, it is quite clear that Vardy has yet to find his touch and confidence and is not currently playing well enough to warrant a place in the squad. On the other hand Drinkwater has been playing excellently and doesn't even make the squad.

D

Deleted member 16999

I didn't see tonight's match, but the selection of the squad seems to be based on who you play for and reputation, rather than actual current form.

Having watched Leicester a few times this season, it is quite clear that Vardy has yet to find his touch and confidence and is not currently playing well enough to warrant a place in the squad. On the other hand Drinkwater has been playing excellently and doesn't even make the squad.

Agree about Drinkwater, at a minimum he should be in the squad imo.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Should England do more to encourage players who are eligible to play for England to choose England, I am thinking of Iwobi but he isn't the only one, he was eligible to play for both Nigeria and England but Nigeria openly chased him and he chose them.
Should we be more like France and Germany?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Should England do more to encourage players who are eligible to play for England to choose England, I am thinking of Iwobi but he isn't the only one, he was eligible to play for both Nigeria and England but Nigeria openly chased him and he chose them.

Karamoko Dembele is the one I'd be looking at.
Okay, he's only 13, but he has recently played for Celtic U20's and is being watched by many clubs including PSG and Barcelona!
I think he's eligible to play for England, Scotland or Ivory Coast.

D

Deleted member 18588

Iwobi!!!???

I think you are letting your Arsenal bias cloud your judgement. There may be some that could be considered but, in any event, we already have young players that could be developed.

As for other nations how many of the German team were not born in Germany?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Iwobi!!!???

I think you are letting your Arsenal bias cloud your judgement. There may be some that could be considered but, in any event, we already have young players that could be developed.

Think Padolski & Klose were born in Poland,not sure of their parents nationality.
I know neither play for the national team anymore,but both been big players for Germany.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Karamoko Dembele is the one I'd be looking at.
Okay, he's only 13, but he has recently played for Celtic U20's and is being watched by many clubs including PSG and Barcelona!
I think he's eligible to play for England, Scotland or Ivory Coast.

Exactly what I mean we should be maximising the talent that we have at our disposal

D

Deleted member 18588

Think Padolski & Klose were born in Poland,not sure of their parents nationality.
I know neither play for the national team anymore,but both been big players for Germany.

So one more than England. (Raheem Stirling).

Personally I see no reason to change our current practice.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Iwobi!!!???

Maybe I am but he is still a 20 yr old playing for a top epl side who hasn't looked out of place for 1 second played champions league etc etc who was eligible to play for England and we let him play for Nigeria, and if I am not mistaken he has just scored twice in qualifying for them.

I am sure Ozil as well as the other 2 mentioned was also eligible to play for turkey bur the Germans ensured he chose them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe I am but he is still a 20 yr old playing for a top epl side who hasn't looked out of place for 1 second played champions league etc etc who was eligible to play for England and we let him play for Nigeria, and if I am not mistaken he has just scored twice in qualifying for them.

I am sure Ozil as well as the other 2 mentioned was also eligible to play for turkey bur the Germans ensured he chose them.

Why would he pick England over Nigeria ?

Surely looking at recent history he would have picked Nigeria anyway.

D

Deleted member 18588

I am talking about country of birth. There have been plenty of examples in the past of players, whose parents were immigrants, playing for England and also players with English parents but themselves born overseas.

As for Iwobi, decent enough but has not yet done enough for us to worry that we might have missed out. He's no Marcus Rashford!

Status
Not open for further replies.