And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is anyone watching the Wales game? Cracking opening goal from Wales and a lovely pass for the equaliser from the Austrian player. But just seen Ashley Williams go in for a challenge on the side of the Austria box and the Austria player went down clutching his ankle as if it had been nearly snapped off. The ref gave a free kick and then told the Austria player to get up. The replay showed that Williams had made absolutely no contact with the defender's ankle at all. Embarrassing from the Austrian but fair play to the ref for not falling for it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Good game isn't it? Don't want to jinx it, but I can see more goals in the 2nd half 😃

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never thought he was a bad player, seemed to do a steady job at LPool,
any idea why they sold him?
Started great for yourselves.

good player mate but not the class Liverpool are after I guess mate.
Done brilliant for us so far, literally never seen a player run so much :rofl:

If Liverpool ever want to give away a few more players i'd take Emre Can.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
good player mate but not the class Liverpool are after I guess mate.
Done brilliant for us so far, literally never seen a player run so much :rofl:

If Liverpool ever want to give away a few more players i'd take Emre Can.

We actually had 2 Joe Allens at our club.

1st Joe Allen - short back and sides, Brendan's favourite, always put a shift in, generally knitted the play together well without being spectacular, but always did 2 to 3 suicidal passes a game for some reason.

2nd Joe Allen - grew his hair, sported a beard became a bit of an impact sub playing further forward, and changed a good few games for the good. I don't think he was going to become a regular further forward, with the likes of Coutinho, Mane, Firminho, Ojo and lallana also vieing for them spaces.

Some people though, never change their mind on a player, unless their paper tells them to.;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Andorra are 4-0 down and down to 10 men have decided to kick the Portugal players at every opportunity.
It maybe the only way they can stop Portugal, but it's ridiculous!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is Rooney really playing as a holding midfielder against Malta? Two questions about this....Do we actually need a holding midfielder against Malta? And if we do is Rooney better in that position than Dier?

D

Deleted member 16999

How long till ?
Same old, Same old,
It's only Malta,
(Insert Name here) is useless
No improvement from Roy.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
20 minutes in and England managing to hold the footballing collassus that men call Mata to a steady goalless 0-0.

Only 70 minutes more to hang on.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is Rooney really playing as a holding midfielder against Malta? Two questions about this....Do we actually need a holding midfielder against Malta? And if we do is Rooney better in that position than Dier?

You honestly thought against Malta Rooney would be a holding midfielder,yes like we would really need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.