And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Apart from the handball which knocked a shot in that looked like was going over...

It was a tough call at the time, it just didnt look right. But you get them your happy, they go against you, youd be spitting feathers

Whether they're for or against us I'd look to see the rule guidelines to see if the correct decision was made.

As far as I can tell, handball has to be deliberate to be an offence - unlike say, tripping, where an accidental offence is still a foul.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He cant be that great then :rofl:

To be fair, he did take a lot of stick. Too much for me, but his last season with us was his worst. Good time for him to move on.

I always thought he was best siuted to a wing back, much like moreno is now. Doesnt seem a popular system anymore though

Moreno is a truly horrendous footballer :rofl:

D

Deleted member 16999

Whether they're for or against us I'd look to see the rule guidelines to see if the correct decision was made.

As far as I can tell, handball has to be deliberate to be an offence - unlike say, tripping, where an accidental offence is still a foul.
The guidance for Referees include if the hands are in an unnatural position as FIFA do not explain what "Deliberate Handall" actually means, so the ball may of hit his hands, but where were his hands when the ball struck them.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The guidance for Referees include if the hands are in an unnatural position as FIFA do not explain what "Deliberate Handall" actually means, so the ball may of hit his hands, but where were his hands when the ball struck them.

Maybe he keeps his hands there all the time :D

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nooo, Moreno is a truly horrendous lb, which in all honesty isn't good for a defender 

futher forward he could be the next Gareth bale... Which of course is a joke, but you get the general idea

Good job you've got Milner. Wouldn't surprise me if the lad could play in net.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guidolin gone, Bradley in. Slightly strange choice as he has never managed over here. I think most people thought Giggs was a shoe in. I like Swansea, seems a decent well run club, so I hope he kick starts them.

D

Deleted member 1740

Liverbirdie has just left himself wide open, what a tool :rofl:

I hope cresswell returns to his form after this injury, he looked superb last season.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Liverbirdie has just left himself wide open, what a tool :rofl:

I hope cresswell returns to his form after this injury, he looked superb last season.

yeah was a shame about his injury, if he and Luke Shaw also can both hit form we've got two great wing backs for England.

Of course with Glen Johnson on the other side :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.