And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Come on Phil you know the rules around this one. The ref saw it and booked him so they can't take any action. Shocking challenge though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well the video seems to be showing the ref blowing for a foul.

So if he has blown for a foul do you think that Stoke would have had a free kick ? Instead of a corner to Utd ?

Guess what happened next

D

Deleted member 18588

So if he has blown for a foul do you think that Stoke would have had a free kick ? Instead of a corner to Utd ?

Guess what happened next

Personally I couldn't care less.

Looking at a video clip in isolation means nothing. I have watched football (live) for over 50 years and one thing throughout that time remains constant. We all think that refs are wrong and that some teams get the better of it when it comes to decisions.

Spurs in the 60's, Liverpool in the 70's & 80's, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea ; it's a constant. What's new?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well the video seems to be showing the ref blowing for a foul.

I don't think the ref can give a foul as the ball wasn't in play. Was probably blowing to stop the corner being taken. Would like to see that from another angle to see if Allen did anything and also what the ref did next.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Guess what happened next

Don't pretend to be surprised, Phil, you know full well what happened and why a free kick wasn't awarded to Stoke.
Stop playing the faux confused card.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't pretend to be surprised, Phil, you know full well what happened and why a free kick wasn't awarded to Stoke.
Stop playing the faux confused card.

So why wasn't Pogba shown a card for putting his hands up onto someone and throwing them to the ground - right in front of the ref ? An act of the football field that has seen multiple players at the very least yellow card but by the letter of the law should have been sent off.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can't believe Herrera was still on the pitch at the end of that game yesterday. An absolute farce. It didn't even get a mention on match of the day but guarantee if it was someone like Charlie Adam there'd be uproar around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.