And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only just saw this.. He was OK, playing better the further forward he was. Did he influence the game? Not really. Ran out of legs and was promptly subbed after missing an easy chance.

He is still short on fitness obviously but seems to be making slow but steady progress. Seems like they don't want him to play a full 90 at the moment which is sensible.

Could have got a couple of goals as well which is good to see.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure how you can say Arsenal have been treated badly by referees over the years. Perhaps if you only consider the bad decisions and none of the good ones.

Probably worth speaking to some of the smaller teams we've played over the years and see if they'd agree with that!

It was harsh on Burnley to concede after restricting us to just 2 shots on target, but ultimately nothing wrong with the goal!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure how you can say Arsenal have been treated badly by referees over the years. Perhaps if you only consider the bad decisions and none of the good ones.

Probably worth speaking to some of the smaller teams we've played over the years and see if they'd agree with that!

It was harsh on Burnley to concede after restricting us to just 2 shots on target, but ultimately nothing wrong with the goal!

Apart from the handball which knocked a shot in that looked like was going over...

It was a tough call at the time, it just didnt look right. But you get them your happy, they go against you, youd be spitting feathers

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Glen Johnson is a great player and if you ask me got way too much stick at Liverpool. Not the best defensively by any stretch of the imagination but brilliant going forward and a reliable solid player. Links up brilliantly with Shaqiri for us.

However saying that, Walker would be my first choice with Clyne behind him.

D

Deleted member 1740

Glen Johnson is a great player and if you ask me got way too much stick at Liverpool. Not the best defensively by any stretch of the imagination but brilliant going forward and a reliable solid player. Links up brilliantly with Shaqiri for us.

He's better defensively than he's given credit for imo.

I don't think Walker is better than clyne, he seems to lose his position quite easily when I've watched him.

Last edited by a moderator:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He cant be that great then :rofl:

To be fair, he did take a lot of stick. Too much for me, but his last season with us was his worst. Good time for him to move on.

I always thought he was best siuted to a wing back, much like moreno is now. Doesnt seem a popular system anymore though

Status
Not open for further replies.