And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only way you'll get Clubs to take it serious is to take points off them, I know it's extreme and completely unlikely but to me fines and individual bans are no good, taking points could be the difference between between promotion/relegation/league position, european qual etc and could cost them millions. Only clubs can sort this out.

They tried that in the CL and the club concerned cried unfair and just claimed its wasn't a deliberate dive and threatened the court of arbitration for sport

D

Deleted member 1740

They tried that in the CL and the club concerned cried unfair and just claimed its wasn't a deliberate dive and threatened the court of arbitration for sport

Let me guess, it was one of those dirty cheating,corrupt European teams right?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Other reference points are the player reactions the defender looked aggrieved, Sturridge looked sheepish.

And was Sturridge going to score? was he going anywhere? Not really.

I'll agree overall that I think it was a dive.

However, the two things you say above are rubbish and have no bearing on rules, or interpretation.

Defenders have also become the biggest cheats in football, appealing for decisions when they know they have had the last touch.

If it is a foul in the box, it doesnt matter if he was going anywhere or not its is still a penalty (or not). It may have a bearing on if it is a red or yellow, but thats a load of rubbish on the actual foul decision.

Can you point out in the rules where it says about direction of travel, or how a ref should read the body language of a player's guilt?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you were closer you'd have seen the foul;)

I'll have to take my red specs back, they obviously arent working properly.:D

It was right in front of me, and sometimes even close enough to hear contact, but my first reaction at the match was to think that he dived/no contact.

I dont think the camera angles prove 100% conclusively either way, but overall I think a dive, or very minimal contact and not enough to go down.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll agree overall that I think it was a dive.

However, the two things you say above are rubbish and have no bearing on rules, or interpretation.

Defenders have also become the biggest cheats in football, appealing for decisions when they know they have had the last touch.

If it is a foul in the box, it doesnt matter if he was going anywhere or not its is still a penalty (or not). It may have a bearing on if it is a red or yellow, but thats a load of rubbish on the actual foul decision.

Can you point out in the rules where it says about direction of travel, or how a ref should read the body language of a player's guilt?

It's called a motive.

If Sturridge was 6 yards out with the open goal gaping and he goes down. What then?

It's a powerful indicator that he did not intend to go down.

Of course it has a bearing on the decision making. It does in law so why shouldn't it here?

The majority of dives and dodgy decisions are when there is no clear advantage to staying on your feet. Its common sense really.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's called a motive.

If Sturridge was 6 yards out with the open goal gaping and he goes down. What then?

It's a powerful indicator that he did not intend to go down.

Of course it has a bearing on the decision making. It does in law so why shouldn't it here?

The majority of dives and dodgy decisions are when there is no clear advantage to staying on your feet. Its common sense really.

I'm sorry, but people do go down when there isnt the advantage, not often, but they do.

You still cant point it out in the rules, though.

How many times have you seen a defender foul someone and massively appeal to the ref that they didnt? Loads of times. The cheats arent just attackers anymore.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sorry, but people do go down when there isnt the advantage, not often, but they do.

You still cant point it out in the rules, though.

How many times have you seen a defender foul someone and massively appeal to the ref that they didnt? Loads of times. The cheats arent just attackers anymore.

I'm saying most of the time people will go down when there is no advantage, they have more to gain with the penalty.

I can't see that many strikers will dive when they are nailed on to score.

Of course it's not conclusive either way but like I say it is a pointer and if I was a ref I would take that into consideration in questionable cases.

Sturridge wasn't going to score yesterday so it makes it more likely that he dived or that he was looking for it in my book.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yet another Liverpool player caught up in a diving debate🙄.

The Liverpool way 😂

That's a pretty lazy and poor attempt at a wind up/trolling. Every club has players that dive and to suggest that it's one club's way just to get a reaction from supporters of that club is pretty childish.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's a pretty lazy and poor attempt at a wind up/trolling. Every club has players that dive and to suggest that it's one club's way just to get a reaction from supporters of that club is pretty childish.

Leave him be, matey.

Its his reason to get out of bed in the morning, although how he gets away with it constantly for 3 years is beyond me, on here.

D

Deleted member 1740

Great result for Southampton thoroughly deserved.

West Ham were shocking, that Zaza up front looks bad.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That was very impressive that, should have been 5 or 6.

Can we put our name down for Van Dijk in your January sale. Him and Forster got me 11 fantasy league points also.:whoo:

Ditto, Van Dijk as captain too.

I've a feeling he will be on his way next summer. Forster i'm not so sure as he would probably cost too much.

Felt we rode it a bit with a few 50/50 pen calls, but we could easily of had more.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Just had the misfortune of listening to 606. Christ, they must be desperate for contributors if those that get on make the grade. It's like care in the community in the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.