And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The season is 6 games old. Most leagues show a form guide during full seasons that cover approx 6-8 games.

So going by that alone Liverpool are merely the 4th most in form team. Add that to their usual finishes and 2nd favs is purely bookies knowing how well they will be backed by optimistic fans. So they are covering their backsides in case it happens.

It's all good beating arsenal and being unlucky drawing at Spurs. But a league table, much like a scorecard shows how many (points) not how they're accumlated. A fortunate draw for Spurs against pool is still worth 1 more than an unlucky defeat at Burnley.....

D

Deleted member 1740

Are there any real Liverpool supporters that believe they will win the league and actually back them with their hard earned,i seriously doubt it.

11/2 for 2nd only is stupid odds let alone winning.
History shows Liverpool will be way behind first place and I hope that continues

On paper that squad isn't good enough imo but football isn't played on paper.

I believe we'll win every game we play because that's what a supporter is supposed to do. Believe.

At the minute we've had a couple of good performances but we can improve no doubt.

I'd back us at 12's but I wouldn't touch us with your money @11/2. The bookies don't give nothing away so I'm not surprised to see us so short. We've also played 3 tough away games against Arsenal,Chelsea and Spurs and have looked good in all 3 of them, put the champions to bed and swept aside hull, it's only the disappointing result at Burnley that has been a negative thus far.

It'll be tough to dislodge City off top spot with the strength in depth they've got but I'm quite happy up-to now. Only time will tell.

D

Deleted member 1740

I would have thought bookies would also look at previous league finishes as a 'guide'.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but they still had Chelsea around 4/1 at the start of the season despite last year's debacle. Based on the last few years Liverpool should be 100/1 but the bookies wouldn't offer that because whether we agree or not Liverpool are a threat.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As a Man Utd fan it's not fun to say but Klopp has that side playing some great attacking football. Squad depth and the back line are the question marks for me - I can see that team losing a few more stupid games through lack of clinical finishing and stupid defensive lapses but they'll win way more than they lose in my opinion. I also think some people are playing above their normal level and I wonder what would happen if a couple of key players lost form at the same time.

Obviously I hope I am wrong and they bomb in spectacular fashion!

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So close to 3 points yet so far. Knew as soon as we conceded that corner they'd score.

Much better performance tainted by a lapse in concentration.
United away next week, we'll win that knowing our lot.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
United for starters, and probably both Spurs and Arsenal.

You lot finished 8th last year and it's only 6 games in - really mean odds 11/2 it's a strange one.

Bookies obviously placing big emphasis on the fact that you don't have European football.
But you would be a mug to take 11/2 at this stage on Liverpool IMO.

I agree with regards to the odds being way short.

I'd also not fully endorse us being second favourites, but bookies odds are also based on what money has been placed on, and as the 2nd best supported club in the Uk, maybe there have been lots of reds placing on us.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Stonker of a game for the neutral north of Adrian's wall. As a Citeh fan ave no toenails left to chew on.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would seem the Liverpool stadium may now not get further expanded if fans complain about ticket prices, the article is basically saying, if you don't accept a hike in ticket prices, they'll be no further expansion as it won't be economically viable!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c481...ol-reassesses-further-anfield-expansion-after

I thought that they would be over subscribed and have a waiting list for season tickets. Is that not the case?

Can't be all that well supported after all ;-) Build it and they will come surely?

D

Deleted member 1740

Would seem the Liverpool stadium may now not get further expanded if fans complain about ticket prices, the article is basically saying, if you don't accept a hike in ticket prices, they'll be no further expansion as it won't be economically viable!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c481...ol-reassesses-further-anfield-expansion-after

Just like I predicted ;)

These owners want a quick ROI on everything they "invest" in.

The failure to sell out the corporate tickets in the new stand hasn't helped the case, but to blame the fans for that walkout just sums up where their true feelings lie.

This confirms their long term plans for the club under their investment....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

I thought that they would be over subscribed and have a waiting list for season tickets. Is that not the case?

Can't be all that well supported after all ;-) Build it and they will come surely?

It'd take 15 yrs for them to get their ROI if they just sold general ST's. They want Corporates in their and the demand isn't high enough.

If they backed the managers properly and the team was successful then I think the corporate demand might be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.