And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Liverpool 11/2 second favourites for the PL title? They've had a great start but I think the bookies are having a laugh.

Man U and Arsenal 9/1 , Spurs 12/1

Who would you put behind City right now in terms of second favs then ?

Considering the start we have had and the way we are playing right I think it's a fair statement at the moment to say we are leading the group behind City

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Considering the start we have had and the way we are playing right I think it's a fair statement at the moment to say we are leading the group behind City

Maybe the other 2 teams above you at the moment that also finished above you last season?🤔

D

Deleted member 1740

Maybe the other 2 teams above you at the moment that also finished above you last season?🤔

The bookies wouldn't stand the 12/1 for Liverpool to win it regardless of what you or anybody else think. 11/2 is way too short for me to punt but I'd load the wheelbarrow at 12's.

D

Deleted member 16999

The bookies wouldn't stand the 12/1 for Liverpool to win it regardless of what you or anybody else think. 11/2 is way too short for me to punt but I'd load the wheelbarrow at 12's.
It might be 12's after 10 games, that's when it starts to count isn't it :thup:

D

Deleted member 1740

You been on the ale la?

No.

My book would be

City 4/6
Everton 5/2
Arsenal 6/1
Yernited 7/1
Spurs 8/1
Liverpool 10/1

66/1 bar

11/2 we're way too short, anything above 10's I'd get involved but it's a volatile market and there can be a massive over reaction to a couple of poor results aswell as a over reaction to some good results like now where 11/2.

What price do you Think we should be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
No.

My book would be

City 4/6
Everton 5/2
Arsenal 6/1
Yernited 7/1
Spurs 8/1
Liverpool 10/1

66/1 bar

11/2 we're way too short, anything above 10's I'd get involved but it's a volatile market and there can be a massive over reaction to a couple of poor results.

What price do you Think we should be?

Everton 5/2 😂 No more special brew for this man.
Typical Liverpool fan playing down the expectations.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

United for starters, and probably both Spurs and Arsenal.

You lot finished 8th last year and it's only 6 games in - really mean odds 11/2 it's a strange one.

Bookies obviously placing big emphasis on the fact that you don't have European football.
But you would be a mug to take 11/2 at this stage on Liverpool IMO.

D

Deleted member 1740

You lot finished 8th last year and it's only 6 games in - really mean odds 11/2 it's a strange one.

Bookies obviously placing big emphasis on the fact that you don't have European football.

Leicester won it last year and were 33/1 this year. We were 10's to start with.

The bookies price it in their favour and there'll be loads of people jumping on the bandwagon without really looking at the true price/value.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you mean the same United having their ups and downs in regards form , Arsenal who we have already beaten away from home ,Spurs who managed to just snatch a draw ?

I have no idea about odds but going on form and the results and the way we are playing I think it's a fair reflection to have us second favs.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are there any real Liverpool supporters that believe they will win the league and actually back them with their hard earned,i seriously doubt it.

11/2 for 2nd only is stupid odds let alone winning.
History shows Liverpool will be way behind first place and I hope that continues

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Do you mean the same United having their ups and downs in regards form , Arsenal who we have already beaten away from home ,Spurs who managed to just snatch a draw ?

I have no idea about odds but going on form and the results and the way we are playing I think it's a fair reflection to have us second favs.

I would have thought bookies would also look at previous league finishes as a 'guide'.

Status
Not open for further replies.