And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Mid table it is then :)

I think it's a much bigger Job than it looks to improve that squad without adding quality to it. That said, the games I've seen there doesn't seem to be a proper plan of how he wants them to play.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the performances have dropped since Terry's injury as Cahill seems incapable of thinking for himself and Ivanovic seems to lack the necessary gumption to captain the team. I'd put Azpilicueta back to his correct side & bring in Alonso on the left as a start.

As far as bringing people in, who'd want to come to a mid-table side; not the sort of people you'd need to increase the quality of that squad I'd suggest? As for the plan, I think he knows how he wants them to play, I'm just not sure he has the personnel to do it, or that he trusts to do it, which isn't necessarily the same.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don't think it's a coincidence that the performances have dropped since Terry's injury as Cahill seems incapable of thinking for himself and Ivanovic seems to lack the necessary gumption to captain the team. I'd put Azpilicueta back to his correct side & bring in Alonso on the left as a start.

As far as bringing people in, who'd want to come to a mid-table side; not the sort of people you'd need to increase the quality of that squad I'd suggest? As for the plan, I think he knows how he wants them to play, I'm just not sure he has the personnel to do it, or that he trusts to do it, which isn't necessarily the same.

Problem is how many quality CB are their at the minute?
Not many young Terry/Ferdinand/Campbell or even Woodgates coming through.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool 11/2 second favourites for the PL title? They've had a great start but I think the bookies are having a laugh.

Man U and Arsenal 9/1 , Spurs 12/1

D

Deleted member 1740

Liverpool 11/2 second favourites for the PL title? They've had a great start but I think the bookies are having a laugh.

I agree way too short. A bookie prices everything in their own favour.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Going on current results I can see why they'd be second favourites. They look the 2nd best outfit in the league. No Europe as a distraction. Plus the bookies don't wanna get hammered, what with the amount that will lay bets as its #theiryear

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Feel free to shout me down on this as I'm going from memory....
A week or two ago a player got a second yellow card for celebrating by going to be crowd and hugging fans...Palace player, maybe..?
Just watching MoTD re-run and when Sterling scores he changes direction and deliberately goes to a fan behind the goal for a clinch...doesn't get booked....
Apart from playing for a big club, what's the difference..??

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Feel free to shout me down on this as I'm going from memory....
A week or two ago a player got a second yellow card for celebrating by going to be crowd and hugging fans...Palace player, maybe..?
Just watching MoTD re-run and when Sterling scores he changes direction and deliberately goes to a fan behind the goal for a clinch...doesn't get booked....
Apart from playing for a big club, what's the difference..??

Referee inconsistency seem quite a bit of it yesterday in the highlights of the Swansea match!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pen all-day long that, might've made a meal of it like they all do but it was a pen IMO.

Take off the red specs, there was no contact, Sturridge saw the defenders leg come out and dived over it. Not the first time he's done it and won't be the last. He does do it with style though. They say that players should learn from those around him. Looks like Sturridge learnt loads from Gerrard and Suarez in the diving department.

D

Deleted member 1740

Take off the red specs, there was no contact, Sturridge saw the defenders leg come out and dived over it. Not the first time he's done it and won't be the last. He does do it with style though. They say that players should learn from those around him. Looks like Sturridge learnt loads from Gerrard and Suarez in the diving department.

There was contact.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's still cheating if the contact wasn't enough to take you down but you still go down .

Verdict - Dive

They would still be talking about this if it was 0-0 at the time, as it is nobody really cares because the game was well and truly won.

Status
Not open for further replies.