And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They look the best team by a country mile. They started strong last year but faded a little. I don't think pep will let them do that. It'll be in the bag by Feb.

Heard somewhere last season and never checked it out That was relegation form not champs league form. 😳

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
United right back on it and personally thought they looked a better side without Rooney with better movement, pace and invention. I wonder if the fact he was on the bench, if not wholly surprising given the furore in the press this week, is the sing of things to come.

To be honest City, Liverpool and Arsenal all look bang on form especially on todays results. Not sure what is happening at Chelsea but they look a mess today and Conte seems no better than the last guy and will Abramovich be getting his spies on the case to look for a new man again. This can't go on can it?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
United right back on it and personally thought they looked a better side without Rooney with better movement, pace and invention. I wonder if the fact he was on the bench, if not wholly surprising given the furore in the press this week, is the sing of things to come.

To be honest City, Liverpool and Arsenal all look bang on form especially on todays results. Not sure what is happening at Chelsea but they look a mess today and Conte seems no better than the last guy and will Abramovich be getting his spies on the case to look for a new man again. This can't go on can it?

Ivanovic has been Arsenal's best player but they've all been good tbh.

Expect a reaction from Chelsea 2nd half, I think Conte will be giving out the hair drier treatment.

D

Deleted member 1740

What did you expect Conte to do in such a short space of time? He's a manager not a miracle worker.

I've only seen the last 10mins of this game how did Luiz not get booked for that challenge?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Heard somewhere last season and never checked it out That was relegation form not champs league form. 

right al start again, heard somewhere that city won there first five games last season and won 16 of there next 33. That was relegation form not champs league. Just asked Missis T what our five kit makers were. She got Nike, Reebok, Le cow sport if and Umbro. She said "is the last one Dunlop".
We're not talking now.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Not like he didn't have world class players to work with though is it?

chelsea look pedestrian, very pedestrian. A standard was set last year and Chelsea are no where near that. Unfortunately the score could flatter Arsenal who are playing a poor Chelsea side. Chelsea look like a City side from last year. At this rate champions league football will not be played at the bridge next year either. Having said that, I think they have the right man in Conte there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't know whether it's Chelsea looking slow and pedestrian tonight, but are Arsenal starting to move the ball quicker than they use to. So many more runners and they seem to be pinging the ball forward much quicker and not looking to find the perfect pass and picture book goal every time

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I don't know whether it's Chelsea looking slow and pedestrian tonight, but are Arsenal starting to move the ball quicker than they use to. So many more runners and they seem to be pinging the ball forward much quicker and not looking to find the perfect pass and picture book goal every time

Chelsea have been slow & pedestrian for a good couple of seasons now, not just tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.